Author Topic: Weckingball of Nike SB  (Read 16711 times)

Watitdo

Re: Weckingball of Nike SB
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2020, 11:45:07 AM »
This dude is so fucking lame, #weckgate

Dopethrone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2020, 11:50:43 AM »
"i didn't get dumped YOU GOT DUMPED!!!!"

I agree with this! Nike dropped him and hes just trying to be the alpha in the situation

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2020, 11:59:25 AM »
he's lucky his 'personality' has got him this far anyway

never woulda got spons'd if there was no social media

KingSharkIsAShark

• Rep: -252
  • Future SLAP Pal
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2020, 12:03:31 PM »
This isn't going to stop people from Nike. We all know Nike is here for the money. Weck's video is in vain. The people that should be called out are the Pros who ride for them. Primarily the ones who first started this. I'm looking at you PRod. He's so lucky he's the GOAT or else I would've banned him years ago

JohnBolton

• Rep: -44
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2020, 12:36:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean what he said is 100% true but the same thing goes for every other so called "core" company.
[close]

"millions of enslaved Muslims in concentration camps" sure, believe what your news media tells you, they are very credible and have never lied to make excuses to act aggressively against a country.
[close]

Yes, Weck's IG is definitely news media.

no, I'm saying weck and the dude that thinks what he said was 100 per cent true, heard that shit about china from news media, same media that constantly lies about counties to start conflicts. they did roughly the same thing 20 years ago before destroying Yugoslavia. big fake about concentration camps that was on the cover of time magazine and shit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llUiUfSDkQ
USA always plans a war and then thinks of a reason to start it. sadly 9/11 was the best thing that happened to US government, giving them carte blanche to spy on and bomb everyone they want.

also some major ones: Vietnam war, false flag resulted in the deaths Vietnamese of 5 million civilians, Iraqs WMDs.

does china have a population that are ethnically Chinese but due to some historical events now follow Islam, yes. Are there groups of extremist kind that the Chinese government are repressing, yes. the whole millions of Muslims in concentration camps is gross exaggeration and info war against china.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2020, 01:04:38 PM »
lol dude was all about Nike when they were giving him free shit. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2020, 01:17:14 PM »
John Bolton speaking facts

Hombreezy

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2020, 01:27:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with this! Nike dropped him and hes just trying to be the alpha in the situation
“Hey bro I heard she broke up with you”
“Nah, she’s broke. I’m up”
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 07:55:12 PM by Hombreezy »

Coldpizza

• Rep: 146
« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »
He doesn’t give a shit. All these fucking red pill/QAnon idiots will use any means to justify their shitty narrow selfish ideologies. Is the topic he brought up a huge issue? No doubt. But if Weck actually gives 2 shits I’ll eat my hat (100% nylon made in China™️)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

trashparty

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2020, 06:58:04 PM »
post deleted. anyone got screen shots?

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
He doesn’t give a shit. All these fucking red pill/QAnon idiots will use any means to justify their shitty narrow selfish ideologies. Is the topic he brought up a huge issue? No doubt. But if Weck actually gives 2 shits I’ll eat my hat (100% nylon made in China™️)

This guy gets it.
Weck doesn’t Really give a fuck about the Chinese people

michael scarn

« Reply #71 on: September 12, 2020, 07:18:00 PM »
Wecks kookin it for attention. Sure he's done that for a while but that shit with Tony hawk on his story is fucking dumb and just a cry for attention.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #72 on: September 12, 2020, 07:22:13 PM »

lovermangenius

• Rep: 16
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2020, 08:10:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean what he said is 100% true but the same thing goes for every other so called "core" company.
[close]

"millions of enslaved Muslims in concentration camps" sure, believe what your news media tells you, they are very credible and have never lied to make excuses to act aggressively against a country.
[close]

[close]

no, I'm saying weck and the dude that thinks what he said was 100 per cent true, heard that shit about china from news media, same media that constantly lies about counties to start conflicts. they did roughly the same thing 20 years ago before destroying Yugoslavia. big fake about concentration camps that was on the cover of time magazine and shit.
USA always plans a war and then thinks of a reason to start it. sadly 9/11 was the best thing that happened to US government, giving them carte blanche to spy on and bomb everyone they want.

also some major ones: Vietnam war, false flag resulted in the deaths Vietnamese of 5 million civilians, Iraqs WMDs.

does china have a population that are ethnically Chinese but due to some historical events now follow Islam, yes. Are there groups of extremist kind that the Chinese government are repressing, yes. the whole millions of Muslims in concentration camps is gross exaggeration and info war against china.

Shit man, it's not like you have to take the western media's word for it, the CCP has openly acknowledged the existence of the re-education camps for a while now. They obviously dispute the specifics of what is going on there but if rounding up ethnic minorities and throwing them into any kind of camp isn't past your threshold of acceptability that's on you.

I get the impulse to be wary of these types of claims but the situation in China is well documented. It obviously is troubling when people try to use humanitarian issues to foment further conflict or minimize domestic human rights issues but that doesn't change the facts. If you think there is any desire in the west for a war with China you're out of your mind.

You can make blanket statements about the "media" all you want but you'd be hard pressed to find any respected China scholar who denies what 's going on in Xinjiang right now. There is extensive satellite evidence of the construction of camps, videos from inside the camps, and numerous testimonies from people who have been imprisoned there.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #74 on: September 12, 2020, 08:31:21 PM »
Didn't know dude had "sponsors."

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2020, 08:46:37 PM »
Lol I posted a comment and the dude sent me like a dozen dms defending himself.  I’m supposed to believe that the guy that was manically ranting about antisemetic conspiracy theories all of a sudden cares about human rights. 

Dude got dropped for his unhinged rants and he made up this crusade to hide his ego
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Digital Rasta

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2020, 08:51:25 PM »
I wonder where exactly he thinks the phone he is yelling into was made?

xX_420_Blaze_It_Xx

• Rep: -14
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2020, 10:34:36 PM »
His post was not deleted. Nike is an unethical company. So is vans and all the other core companies. Nike still makes better shoes than most shoe companies. Can I say fuck Nike but still wear them? Why not we are all dying in the year 2021 anyways. Shits. Is. Not. Looking. Bright

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2020, 10:40:47 PM »

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2020, 01:06:38 AM »
Everyone's dropping the maniac because conpiracy theories and Qanon aint good for biz just yet.  Good.

SlapRhaters

• Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2020, 03:04:12 AM »
I here now will sadly admit that i've been skating Nike's for the past year. My toes have been getting sore from years of skating and Nikes are the only ones i can skate in without pain and not messing up my skating, they literally hug my toes . Go ahead hate me, i already hate myself as i avoided Nike for over a decade.

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2020, 07:15:54 AM »
Where was his outrage when he was riding for the
 ?  Did he just find out now that the shoes are made in China and decide to “quit”... give me a break

Meekin

• Rep: 5
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2020, 07:22:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
“Hey bro I heard she broke up with you”
“Nah, she’s broke. I’m up”
There was an interview with TK, when he was a plumber. He got asked if he gets recognized on the job and his response was "No. Plumbin in disguise." Everyone on SLAP thought he said "put him in the sky"

iNeverSkated

• Rep: 36
  • is this right?
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2020, 07:36:46 AM »
And he's back to private again. How soon until he starts an Onlyfans by the way?

Technique

« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2020, 08:34:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Oh yeah, and Stalinist repressions were an info war against the USSR, right? Solzhenitsyn was a CIA agent? Lol. Fucking bitch. You stand for nothing.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2020, 09:05:42 AM »
dude, his names john bolton. he's obviously a troll, put him on ignore and stop feeding him

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2020, 01:30:57 PM »
So if you believe millions are in concentration camps, seems like what Nike does is beside the point. Time for a US led humanitarian intervention? They have all the evidence right?

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2020, 01:43:56 PM »
Expand Quote
https://hbr.org/2019/08/what-supply-chain-transparency-really-means

Here's a good article that outlines what it would take to have complete control (or at least awareness) of the entire supply chain of your product.

http://manufacturingmap.nikeinc.com/

here's nike site that shows they are at least getting somewhat more involved than they were during the "8 year olds sew your soccer balls" days.

the real problem here is public engagement. nike never would have gotten to this point if they weren't dragged over the coals for all the sweatshop shit years ago.
society has to truly give a shit if things are really going to change. and society over and over and over has shown that in our shitty consumer society CHEAP is the only thing that maters to most buyers. society would take cheap over "ethically sourced with workers paid a living wage" everyday day of the week. shit, people prefer cheap products to anything with actual quality.
if they don't even want to buy a quality version of a product, what are the chances that they'll ever care about a product's supply chain?? 

nike has all the money in the world. the could lock down the entire supply chain and make sure everything was legal, ethical, moral and whatever else.... but they never will because it would hurt the bottom line, and shareholder profits are the only thing that matters. anything that has been done to make it look like nike cares about their supply chain has been done as a PR tool, not because they give a shit.
[close]

I feel almost the exact same as you do.

But I’d like to add a few more points.

1- Of course it took consumers having to spend their own time, money, and effort to get people to know about the terrible labor practices.

Nike never had any intent on stopping those practices BECAUSE THE WERE THE ONES THAT DEVELOPED THEM.  They were one the first to lead the charge overseas to exploit impoverished laborers.

2- Youdont really mention why consumers are buying cheap, immorally made products and not knowing/caring about the consequences.

And that’s because capitalism has created such an unequal and dangerously unstable economy that people don’t have much of a choice. They must buy products as cheaply as possible, because medicine, childcare, etc is so unreasonably expensive.
Which in turn creates more of a demand for cheaper shit, which the drives companies to look for even shittier conditions to exploit, until we are at the present: Nike using slave labor.

I disagree with that. Most people could easily get by while consuming much less. People have an endless need for more shit so they maximize their consumption by going for the cheaper option if available.

The reason why people keep buying Nike is because the idea of a group of people, most arent even aware of, being enslaved on the other side of the world in a country with totally different culture, is so foreign and so far outside of peoples own little bubbles that it doesnt really register as a part of their reality.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2020, 09:05:50 PM »
So if you believe millions are in concentration camps, seems like what Nike does is beside the point. Time for a US led humanitarian intervention? They have all the evidence right?

I don't know if it's a matter of whether you believe it or not, China have more or less admitted it stating that they're re-education centres designed to increase allegiance to the Chinese government and reduce the Islamisation of the region.
One man's re-education centre is another man's concentration camp...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 04:22:31 AM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2020, 10:25:55 PM »

Since when did the US start intervening for Humanitarian reasons? It won’t even intervene in its own humanitarian crisises.

People who think that the US is trying to propagandize us into a war with China somehow means all bad new about China is fake needs to check their ideological priorities

All governments are fucked to some degree, and almost always the more powerful they are, the more fucked up they are in they way they try to maintain and expand that power.

The ‘US’ (not really, mostly humanitarian orgs trying to shine a light in the subject) criticizing China is no less valid that Chinese propaganda vilifying the US for things like Flint, Michigan and systematic racism.

Real warmongering propaganda is much less subtle, or truthful. It’s kind of easy to spot, like the old WMD ruse in the invasion of Iraq. That was so blatantly obvious, as we’re the intentions.

This is not.

I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea