Author Topic: Weckingball of Nike SB  (Read 16703 times)

JohnBolton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -44
Re: Weckingball of Nike SB
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2020, 02:55:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean what he said is 100% true but the same thing goes for every other so called "core" company.
[close]

"millions of enslaved Muslims in concentration camps" sure, believe what your news media tells you, they are very credible and have never lied to make excuses to act aggressively against a country.
[close]

Yes, Weck's IG is definitely news media.
[close]

no, I'm saying weck and the dude that thinks what he said was 100 per cent true, heard that shit about china from news media, same media that constantly lies about counties to start conflicts. they did roughly the same thing 20 years ago before destroying Yugoslavia. big fake about concentration camps that was on the cover of time magazine and shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2llUiUfSDkQ
USA always plans a war and then thinks of a reason to start it. sadly 9/11 was the best thing that happened to US government, giving them carte blanche to spy on and bomb everyone they want.

also some major ones: Vietnam war, false flag resulted in the deaths Vietnamese of 5 million civilians, Iraqs WMDs.

does china have a population that are ethnically Chinese but due to some historical events now follow Islam, yes. Are there groups of extremist kind that the Chinese government are repressing, yes. the whole millions of Muslims in concentration camps is gross exaggeration and info war against china.
[close]

Oh yeah, and Stalinist repressions were an info war against the USSR, right? Solzhenitsyn was a CIA agent? Lol. Fucking bitch. You stand for nothing.

funny you mentions Solzhenitsyn as that is a great analogy for what we're talking about. Solzhenitsyn was a wannabe cosplay of a great Russian writer but his mediocrity led him to resort finding his hype for working as an ideological PR rep of the citadel of democracy aka the USA.
Since unlike Leo Tolstoy or Dostoevsky that were writing about things they experienced he just stooped to fabricating myths and scoundrelism about anything to do with the Soviet Union for which he was of course the only soviet writer awarded the very unbiased nobel prize.
Not saying that the repressions never existed, read some Shalamov if you want first hand account of the horrors of the gulags, not someone who was a kgb snitch in the gulag (oh they don't tell that part?).

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2020, 03:09:44 AM »
Fucking tankies man...

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2020, 03:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean what he said is 100% true but the same thing goes for every other so called "core" company.
[close]

"millions of enslaved Muslims in concentration camps" sure, believe what your news media tells you, they are very credible and have never lied to make excuses to act aggressively against a country.
[close]

[close]

no, I'm saying weck and the dude that thinks what he said was 100 per cent true, heard that shit about china from news media, same media that constantly lies about counties to start conflicts. they did roughly the same thing 20 years ago before destroying Yugoslavia. big fake about concentration camps that was on the cover of time magazine and shit.
USA always plans a war and then thinks of a reason to start it. sadly 9/11 was the best thing that happened to US government, giving them carte blanche to spy on and bomb everyone they want.

also some major ones: Vietnam war, false flag resulted in the deaths Vietnamese of 5 million civilians, Iraqs WMDs.

does china have a population that are ethnically Chinese but due to some historical events now follow Islam, yes. Are there groups of extremist kind that the Chinese government are repressing, yes. the whole millions of Muslims in concentration camps is gross exaggeration and info war against china.
[close]

Oh yeah, and Stalinist repressions were an info war against the USSR, right? Solzhenitsyn was a CIA agent? Lol. Fucking bitch. You stand for nothing.
[close]

funny you mentions Solzhenitsyn as that is a great analogy for what we're talking about. Solzhenitsyn was a wannabe cosplay of a great Russian writer but his mediocrity led him to resort finding his hype for working as an ideological PR rep of the citadel of democracy aka the USA.
Since unlike Leo Tolstoy or Dostoevsky that were writing about things they experienced he just stooped to fabricating myths and scoundrelism about anything to do with the Soviet Union for which he was of course the only soviet writer awarded the very unbiased nobel prize.
Not saying that the repressions never existed, read some Shalamov if you want first hand account of the horrors of the gulags, not someone who was a kgb snitch in the gulag (oh they don't tell that part?).

The level of retardation here is truly astounding.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2020, 03:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The level of retardation here is truly astounding.

Lol

Which one is the person?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

JohnBolton

• Rep: -44
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2020, 03:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote
So if you believe millions are in concentration camps, seems like what Nike does is beside the point. Time for a US led humanitarian intervention? They have all the evidence right?
[close]

Since when did the US start intervening for Humanitarian reasons? It won’t even intervene in its own humanitarian crisises.

People who think that the US is trying to propagandize us into a war with China somehow means all bad new about China is fake needs to check their ideological priorities

All governments are fucked to some degree, and almost always the more powerful they are, the more fucked up they are in they way they try to maintain and expand that power.

The ‘US’ (not really, mostly humanitarian orgs trying to shine a light in the subject) criticizing China is no less valid that Chinese propaganda vilifying the US for things like Flint, Michigan and systematic racism.

Real warmongering propaganda is much less subtle, or truthful. It’s kind of easy to spot, like the old WMD ruse in the invasion of Iraq. That was so blatantly obvious, as we’re the intentions.

This is not.

"War Enocomy is the continuation of politics by different means."
Carl von Clausewitz (contemporized)

You might have heard something about a trade war.

you're right about the fundamental goal of all politics being expansion. and yes I don't share the hypocritical ideology of mobster world domination masked under beautiful words like democracy and freedom. and most humanitarian organizations are political instruments of their funders. My point is people are so manipulative and repeat any bullshit accusation the US media puts forth even without any evidence or tribunal procedure. There used to be a term for this called yellow journalism but now it's just routine that everything is clear and the guilty is decided a second after something happens, so I've decided to not believe anything they say anymore in regard to foreign affairs because this info war algorithm never changes.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 05:20:20 AM by JohnBolton »

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #95 on: September 14, 2020, 04:30:28 AM »
Quote from: cucktard
People who think that the US is trying to propagandize us into a war with China somehow means all bad new about China is fake needs to check their ideological priorities
Who’s saying all bad news about China is fake?

Look up where the “millions” in camps number came from; if you think extrapolating numbers from eight individual interviews or sourcing a report solely from the work of a person who’s stated they are on a mission from Christian God to save China is proper methodology-ok. I’m no expert on Flynt but I think the evidence is a bit more clear.

It’s not just the US interested in humanitarian premised lawfare/warfare.

Skateboard Shuffle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #96 on: September 14, 2020, 07:41:05 AM »
I could see him on Consolidated.

Digital Rasta

« Reply #97 on: September 14, 2020, 07:47:56 AM »
Getting puke all over his BS Drunks. Man what a stupid idea that was

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2020, 11:13:57 AM »
This isn't going to stop people from Nike. We all know Nike is here for the money. Weck's video is in vain. The people that should be called out are the Pros who ride for them. Primarily the ones who first started this. I'm looking at you PRod. He's so lucky he's the GOAT or else I would've banned him years ago

I banned PRod after he made the Nike jump...screw that Christian loving mountain dew wearing trend setter
Without PRod jumping ship Nike would have never been able to dominate the skateboard shoe industry:

2004 was significant because during this year Nike SB added skateboarder Paul Rodriguez Jr. to its already outstanding roster of professional skateboarders. Paul Rodriguez signed a multi-million dollar contract with Nike and became the first skateboarder to receive a signature shoe from the company a year later in 2005, called the Nike SB P-Rod. Upon receiving this honor, P-Rod (as most call him) also became the first Mexican-American athlete to have his own signature shoe with Nike (According to Mr. Imamura, “We don’t give out signature shoes to many people. We were looking for someone with a 12 stature like Paul, in terms of his ability, reputation, and track record. He’s someone who can really carry a signature shoe.”

https://surface.syr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=ms_thesis

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2020, 11:32:29 AM »
Expand Quote
This isn't going to stop people from Nike. We all know Nike is here for the money. Weck's video is in vain. The people that should be called out are the Pros who ride for them. Primarily the ones who first started this. I'm looking at you PRod. He's so lucky he's the GOAT or else I would've banned him years ago
[close]

I banned PRod after he made the Nike jump...screw that Christian loving mountain dew wearing trend setter
Without PRod jumping ship Nike would have never been able to dominate the skateboard shoe industry:

2004 was significant because during this year Nike SB added skateboarder Paul Rodriguez Jr. to its already outstanding roster of professional skateboarders. Paul Rodriguez signed a multi-million dollar contract with Nike and became the first skateboarder to receive a signature shoe from the company a year later in 2005, called the Nike SB P-Rod. Upon receiving this honor, P-Rod (as most call him) also became the first Mexican-American athlete to have his own signature shoe with Nike (According to Mr. Imamura, “We don’t give out signature shoes to many people. We were looking for someone with a 12 stature like Paul, in terms of his ability, reputation, and track record. He’s someone who can really carry a signature shoe.”

https://surface.syr.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1002&context=ms_thesis
The silver lining for the Nike hater I am is that he’s never had the best selling shoe in the line ever

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2020, 03:35:26 PM »
I'm old and smart and have read Kapital a bunch of times and completely believe in the eventuality of fully-automated luxury communism and a lot of you are dipshits. Sorry comrades, it's just funny being a pragmatic Marxist sometimes then come here to read critiques about shoes made in Asian countries.

If you think any shoe made overseas doesnt have labors blood on it youre out of your mind. They are all dirty and will remain dirty. Best solution? Make your own shoes or stop wearing them entirely.

Eventual Labor uprisings are the only thing that will solve these concerns. Boycotts are pointless.

I also just bought a pair of GT's today, happily and without guilt or regret. I guarantee there are 50 things I do on an average day more harmful to humanity than that.
ok thanks

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2020, 07:34:21 PM »
I'm old and smart and have read Kapital a bunch of times and completely believe in the eventuality of fully-automated luxury communism and a lot of you are dipshits. Sorry comrades, it's just funny being a pragmatic Marxist sometimes then come here to read critiques about shoes made in Asian countries.

If you think any shoe made overseas doesnt have labors blood on it youre out of your mind. They are all dirty and will remain dirty. Best solution? Make your own shoes or stop wearing them entirely.

Eventual Labor uprisings are the only thing that will solve these concerns. Boycotts are pointless.

I also just bought a pair of GT's today, happily and without guilt or regret. I guarantee there are 50 things I do on an average day more harmful to humanity than that.
What sort of terribly harmful acts against humanity are you committing that are worse than supporting slave labor?  Asking as a concerned communist

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
What sort of terribly harmful acts against humanity are you committing that are worse than supporting slave labor?  Asking as a concerned communist

I conduct dozens of acts of capitalism and consumption that have a long and dirty supply chain, every single day. We all do. It's why no real leftist believes in boycotts as solutions. Strikes work. Worker uprisings work. Boycotts are liberal bullshit. Why? Capitalists simply amend what theyre doing as little as possible to get away with as much as possible and placate consumers. The problem? They're still consuming. Only workers will ever make any demonstrable change. But that day is coming.
ok thanks

Digital Rasta

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2020, 07:42:34 PM »

Technique

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2020, 09:12:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Good job completely ignoring my question, and also ignoring me in another thread, you cuck. So foreign interventions are bad, but domestic repressions are ok somehow? How do you justify that? Just admit that you’re a spineless hypocrite and leave this forum already.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2020, 01:48:09 AM »

Hey comrade, are you using our noble cause as a base for your cynicism?

Marx would never buy Nike SB!

Gbeerme

• Rep: -3
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2020, 02:04:14 AM »
Trumps team passed an import ban Monday the 14th on certain forced labor items. No mention of Nike in the article but a lot of mentions in the comments

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/us-bans-chinese-products-forced-labor

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2020, 02:13:04 AM »

Everyone does it so that's OK  ::)
Let's all be sheep and do whatever everyones doing even if we know it's bad.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2020, 04:59:03 AM »
I guarantee there are 50 things I do on an average day more harmful to humanity than that.

You must be very proud, ma’am.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2020, 05:30:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I conduct dozens of acts of capitalism and consumption that have a long and dirty supply chain, every single day. We all do. It's why no real leftist believes in boycotts as solutions. Strikes work. Worker uprisings work. Boycotts are liberal bullshit. Why? Capitalists simply amend what theyre doing as little as possible to get away with as much as possible and placate consumers. The problem? They're still consuming. Only workers will ever make any demonstrable change. But that day is coming.

This is the most narrow minded line of thought I've read in a long time. Applying moral absolutism - that all actions are either right or wrong - shouldn't be applied to consumerism as a whole, but as isolated events or actions of these companies. No one or nothing is perfect to a full extent, but the goal is to strive towards perfection and take necessary steps towards achieving a state of as close to ethical perfection as possible.

With that said, it's a spectrum and the best we can do is make the best choices from what's available to us and weigh our options closely before doing so. Boycotting makes a difference in the same way voting makes a difference - is it not worth doing since you can't change everything by yourself at once? It's corny, but change starts with a single step and if we all take responsibility then change will come.

You don't sound "old and smart", it sounds like you gave up.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2020, 05:43:34 AM »
He’s saying to pick your battles man
listen to cosmic psychos

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -75
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2020, 05:46:09 AM »
Voting only makes a difference in a democracy. The global market is not democratic.

Boycotts refine/refocus worker exploitation, it’s a feature of the system not a bug.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2020, 07:17:29 AM »
I could see Weck on Sperry

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2020, 09:06:57 AM »
He’s saying to pick your battles man

Enlightened mind.

Marx didnt say do everything all the time.

Marx said do what matters and that power structures are only dismantled in certain, specific ways. Returning power to Labor is that way.

I didn't give up. Far from it. I don't make money from capitalists, in fact I bleed them for the kind of work I do, which is serving the community.

The first question anyone should ask themselves is what kind of labor they do, who benefits from that labor, and what is the value of that labor to someone else.

Plenty of people chiming in to call me on this or say I'm old or have given up are slinging corporate jobs making someone else rich. The real moral shitshake is the person who does that and then chastises someone else for buying shoes when we've been stripped of moral choices by the kind of people you're currently making money for.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2020, 09:08:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hey comrade, are you using our noble cause as a base for your cynicism?

Marx would never buy Nike SB!

You sound like a tankie rightie saying "if you're a socialist why are you using an iphone???"

-sent from my iPhone
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2020, 09:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
I guarantee there are 50 things I do on an average day more harmful to humanity than that.
[close]

No it's the opposite. which would have been easily inferred if you read the rest of what I said and thought about it for say, 11-13 seconds.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2020, 09:11:57 AM »
This is the most narrow minded line of thought I've read in a long time. Applying moral absolutism - that all actions are either right or wrong - shouldn't be applied to consumerism as a whole, but as isolated events or actions of these companies. No one or nothing is perfect to a full extent, but the goal is to strive towards perfection and take necessary steps towards achieving a state of as close to ethical perfection as possible.

LOL at "good capitalism" arguments. There is no such thing my dude. Sorry.

Socialism and Left politics are absolutely moral issues at their core. It's a cause rooted in caring for another person which you do not know, which is the highest form of morality. Marx and Engels knew it. Even people like Sartre knew it. Why do you think the Right is so afraid of a leftist world? They'll be forced to incorporate basic morals and values we're taught as children, like empathy.
ok thanks

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2020, 09:25:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

No it's the opposite. which would have been easily inferred if you read the rest of what I said and thought about it for say, 11-13 seconds.

I understood, I was just being an ass. I was also interested to see if anybody would read it in the voice of the guard at the Air Force base in that episode of the Simpsons where Sideshow Bob wanted to blow up Springfield.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
Wooooof

Y'all better not look up how cobalt is mined for the lithium ion batteries you have in all of your devices...

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
Wooooof

Y'all better not look up how cobalt is mined for the lithium ion batteries you have in all of your devices...

Exactly. This encapsulates many of my points entirely.

Liberals love to show off their Teslas and tout them as saving the environment. You simply shifted capital from one bad actor to another. Both destroying the world for profit. But hey, at least you feel better right?

Same fuckin argument with Nike's score on some arbitrary "ethical" rating system vs. New Balance (whose principal founder is a massive Trump supporter, btw). Shifting capital around to various companies and ensuring they all employ powerless workers means next to nothing but symbolic gestures. It's as hollow as anything else.
ok thanks