Author Topic: James Hardy is having seizures  (Read 15087 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
Re: James Hardy is having seizures
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2022, 08:41:04 AM »
Expand Quote
gotta see what chris cole's secret is considering he took a direct head hit down wallenberg going mach69
[close]

Red Cole

she goes by Christine now and is dating the bassist in shai hulud/ end . Chris Coles cte will be kicking in any day now.

Also Pedro delfino needs to see this cause he’s first on my list of people who for sure get cte in skateboarding.

PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 674
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2022, 08:43:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Fuck Zero stuntman skateboard company  8)
it doesnt look cool to model ur clothes with a helmet on  ;)
[close]

Wasn't on Zero, pal

oh, who am i thinking of? James Brockman?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2022, 08:51:21 AM »
Damn, that's scary to watch. Part of me hopes && is a trend setter for guys going big out there. The flow product ain't worth it.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2022, 10:11:10 AM »
I can't bring myself to watch this.

This is scary as shit.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2022, 10:12:25 AM »
Man, kinda wish I didn’t watch that. My mom has epilepsy and it was terrifying growing up, she had a seizure while we were driving on some trails one time and I had to grab the wheel. After a few concussions myself, is there a way to find out if you have higher potential for epilepsy? That shit is really gnarly but manageable with the right medication.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 398
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2022, 10:31:22 AM »
Heartbreaking and terrifying ...

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2022, 11:32:22 AM »
Expand Quote
When it comes to concussive brain injury, helmets can help somewhat but not completely.
[close]

Yeah, some helmet technologies like MIPS say that they reduce the chance of a concussion, but there are reasons to be skeptical of those claims. Helmets really aren’t going to matter much, here. Just like the NFL can’t really do much equipment-wise to reduce concussions, there’s not a lot here that can be done except to stop jumping down giant rails with nothing but a skateboard.

"Somewhat but not completely" sounds a better option than nothing at all when it comes to protecting your brains

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -299
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2022, 11:39:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
gotta see what chris cole's secret is considering he took a direct head hit down wallenberg going mach69
[close]

Red Cole

she goes by Christine now and is dating the bassist in shai hulud/ end . Chris Coles cte will be kicking in any day now.

Also Pedro delfino needs to see this cause he’s first on my list of people who for sure get cte in skateboarding.

[close]

This is a creepy thing to know about a strangers ex wife.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2022, 01:05:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
When it comes to concussive brain injury, helmets can help somewhat but not completely.
[close]

Yeah, some helmet technologies like MIPS say that they reduce the chance of a concussion, but there are reasons to be skeptical of those claims. Helmets really aren’t going to matter much, here. Just like the NFL can’t really do much equipment-wise to reduce concussions, there’s not a lot here that can be done except to stop jumping down giant rails with nothing but a skateboard.
[close]

"Somewhat but not completely" sounds a better option than nothing at all when it comes to protecting your brains

More like "Unproven and with reasons to suspect it doesn't work"
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Faxmachine

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2022, 01:18:08 PM »
Disappointing video. Was waiting for heath to show up and throw flour in his face then kick him in the legs a few times.

Tear Up a Trick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2022, 01:26:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Fair enough, I guess it's unproven.  I would still think if one knew they were risking a shot to the head via any activity they would try to protect the brain.  But your point is helmet =/= protection?  It couldn't make it worse could it? 

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2022, 01:48:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Fair enough, I guess it's unproven.  I would still think if one knew they were risking a shot to the head via any activity they would try to protect the brain.  But your point is helmet =/= protection?  It couldn't make it worse could it?

I was talking about an unproven anti-concussion technology, not helmets in general.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2022, 02:37:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was talking about an unproven anti-concussion technology, not helmets in general.
I doubt the NFL could do too much more equipment wise. The NFL needs to change the actual game/the way players tackle. As someone who comes from a country where rubgy is the main game NFL is a joke. Saying someone "tackles with their head" is basically a euphemism of an idiot/ someone's who's punch drunk.
Anyway anyone remember some article that came out that said you don't even need to hit your head to cause damage? You can do a bunch of damage just bailing constantly even if you don't slam, it's just the going fast then sudden stopping. 

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 983
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2022, 03:16:44 PM »
are woodpeckers just like constantly concussed or how does that work

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -482
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2022, 03:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Red Cole

[close]
[close]

Or I like those bands and happen follow their members on social media cause again I like those bands. If that dude reposts something She posted and her being familiar to us cause of skate media I might happen to take notice. Also I think it’s funny she ditched Chris coles wannabe metal ass for someone in one of the heaviest bands out.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2022, 03:43:54 PM »
This is scary. I’ve only had 1 bad concussion but all that CTE stuff scares the shit outta me.

Shuh

• Rep: 3
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2022, 03:49:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Red Cole

[close]
[close]

[close]

Or I like those bands and happen follow their members on social media cause again I like those bands. If that dude reposts something She posted and her being familiar to us cause of skate media I might happen to take notice. Also I think it’s funny she ditched Chris coles wannabe metal ass for someone in one of the heaviest bands out.

I guess the band misanthropic anymore?

manysnakes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2022, 04:04:48 PM »
are woodpeckers just like constantly concussed or how does that work

conqueso

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2022, 04:13:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Red Cole

[close]
[close]

she was literally a poster on slap at one point

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2022, 05:00:53 PM »
I can't watch James dealing with that. I've hit my head badly a few times, I haven't been able to smell or taste since the one a few years ago (I honestly can't remember if it was 4 or 5 years ago) I have some random issues that I believe are related to that and it makes me nervous as fuck

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2022, 05:11:07 PM »
He's just too bro flow
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2022, 08:07:51 PM »
I wld doubt it if that were just the fact
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2022, 08:43:11 PM »
It hurts to see him going through this. I held my ex-wife's childhood sitter when she was experiencing a seizure (her husband attempted a murder suicide but shot her with a .22 in her head which thankfully didn't kill her but shot himself with a higher caliber handgun which killed him). Heartbreaking. I wish they reach a breakthrough with stem cell research to treat this.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1096
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2022, 09:24:55 PM »
I can't watch James dealing with that. I've hit my head badly a few times, I haven't been able to smell or taste since the one a few years ago (I honestly can't remember if it was 4 or 5 years ago) I have some random issues that I believe are related to that and it makes me nervous as fuck

That's crazy
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 249
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2022, 09:27:10 PM »

Me too, man. Haven’t been able to smell since I was 13/14 due to a heavy head hit. I’m too scared to watch the video…

Burnerboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2022, 10:05:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Red Cole

[close]
[close]

[close]

Nobody asked for an update on Chris Cole's ex-wife weirdo. That's fine if you follow her boyfriend but what the fuck did that have to do with anything in this thread aside from the fact that Chris Cole was brought up.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2022, 12:19:55 AM by Burnerboy69 »

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2022, 10:14:52 PM »
All these pros commenting and showing support except for JT......

He commented on the second post - "love and prayers"

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 577
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2022, 10:23:16 PM »

Why are you posting that shit everywhere you fucking weirdo

lk130

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2022, 11:44:37 PM »
Why the 28 seperate intersections?
What is it called?
And why is the frog face on there lol
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1435
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2022, 11:47:27 PM »
Why the 28 seperate intersections?
What is it called?
And why is the frog face on there lol

Because they're a sad little 12 year old who just learned how too be an edgelord