Author Topic: Farm work in NSW, Australia  (Read 627 times)

fakie butt drop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
Farm work in NSW, Australia
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »
Coming to the end of my working holiday in oz. Anybody done any farm work out here and have any suggestions for agencies or anything like that? Not really trying to get shafted berry picking making $0.25/h but beggars can't be choosers I guess... Any advice greatly appreciated!

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Re: Farm work in NSW, Australia
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:29:03 PM »
Coming to the end of my working holiday in oz. Anybody done any farm work out here and have any suggestions for agencies or anything like that? Not really trying to get shafted berry picking making $0.25/h but beggars can't be choosers I guess... Any advice greatly appreciated!

I'm Australian so have never done it myself but be careful as it's an area that's full of dodgy operators and scams.

Given it's largely Europeans that partake in the working holiday program I'm sure their must be some good online resources out there.

Good luck!
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 05:39:07 PM »
I'm Australian. Just do your homework and make sure the farm is reputable/honest. I know a Canadian guy that had to take some of his personal experiences to local newspapers to get all the money he was owed. They were trying to force him to stay.

Migrant workers are commonly exploited, and there are a lot of shitty farms. But if you play it smart you should be fine. Maybe just go on a reccommendation from another backpacker?

hamm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
I know a lot of people from overseas work at the blueberry farms just north of Woolgoolga, near Coffs Harbour. I think if you were in a place like Byron Bay a lot of the farms are actually used to faking work hours for visa purposes so if you wanted to actually make money its probably not the best area.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 08:11:06 PM »
appreciate the advice- heard some vicious horror stories on the farm work out here.

SLAP doesnt really seem like the place to ask but i figured fuck it- worth a shot

I know a lot of people from overseas work at the blueberry farms just north of Woolgoolga, near Coffs Harbour. I think if you were in a place like Byron Bay a lot of the farms are actually used to faking work hours for visa purposes so if you wanted to actually make money its probably not the best area.

also would be down as fuck to just pay someone off and skip it hahahaha

hamm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 10:24:43 AM »
appreciate the advice- heard some vicious horror stories on the farm work out here.

SLAP doesnt really seem like the place to ask but i figured fuck it- worth a shot

Expand Quote
[close]

also would be down as fuck to just pay someone off and skip it hahahaha

Might be worth while looking into the Byron area then, you could probably find a farmer just to sign the form or whatever it is saying you've done it and get a job at a cafe or some shit. My friend from Japan needed to do it for his visa and he didn't spend a single day on a farm.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 11:36:45 AM »
Construction work counts too.

Go up to Darwin and work there on a site or something.

Great money and you pass.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in