Author Topic: wtf is with all the matresses  (Read 10162 times)

Baswell Cerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
wtf is with all the matresses
« on: September 13, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »
Nine club experience Crob makes a joke about a mattress sponsor. Jenkem mag makes a video with BA buying Gall a new mattress. Checking out the lame instagram thread and Joslin has a mattress ad.
Wtf is going on. Are we being brigaded? Are we a focus group? Are skaters a demographic now? Y'all know what astroturfing is?
[Applause]

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
Re: wtf is with all the matresses
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »
Skaters have sore bodies and need to treat themselves to a lovely supportive Casper mattress if use the code SLAPPALS you get 15% off act now

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 12:37:50 PM »
Skaters have sore bodies and need to treat themselves to a lovely supportive Casper mattress if use the code SLAPPALS you get 15% off act now

And after you do that you can log on to bollandbranch(dot)com and use code GURNEYSCREAM for 15% off your favorite high quality sheets for your new casper mattress. Let me tell you, youve never experienced a great nights sleep like this before

• Rep: 31
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 12:56:45 PM »
Sleep is important in these uncertain times and nothing makes me have a better night sleep on my Casper mattress with Boll and Branch sheets than giving my nuts the support they need with some Mack Weldon Airknit briefs.

ColorWheelsGraphicsOut

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 12:57:40 PM »
Tired of that nasty swamp ass and ball sweat after a hard day's skate? Trade in those basic ass boxer briefs for a pair of MeUndies! Made from a magical, oh-so-soft fabric known as modal, MeUndies are the only undergarments proven to keep your genitals cool and dry all session long. Use code CREDITCARD at checkout to save 15% on the only undies gnarly enough for HELLRIDE.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »
Trend watch 2021: Pro model matresses.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 110
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2020, 01:12:48 PM »
what shape matress you guys use? I prefer something with a strong concave so I feel snug, but not too much that it dominates my sleep feel. Flat all the way from head to feet as well. running a sealy right now and i like it but would be down to swap and readjust to something new to support something skater owned.

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 01:24:38 PM »
I like Marc Johnson's mattress post best.

Mosritemike

• Rep: 9
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »
Where’s my Casperholics at.....

Anyone
Anyone?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
This thread reminded me of a not-so-distant era where some pros would occasionally lay mattresses down the stairs so that they could (more) safely warm up to the handrail before getting a trick on it; when you think about it skateboarding really has come quite the way, all the while, in a sense, never really changing.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2020, 02:42:46 PM »
I got a Tempurpedic and never looked back.  You spend like 1/3 of your life sleeping so you need that luxury in your life
do more yoga!

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2020, 02:45:29 PM »
None of this really mattress
Whoa. Danger.

BL0B

• Rep: 414
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2020, 02:52:57 PM »
thanks, now i keep reading this thread as "The early days of Baker article from Purple Mattress."

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=113869.0

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2020, 02:55:46 PM »
Fuck that mattress flexing. If they really wanted to flex on us they’d get a bed frame sponsor

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2020, 03:11:43 PM »
One time I was buying a mattress, and the dude was trying to get me to apply to the store, but I already had a job. So I said no.

He said “Look dude”, and laid on a mattress and was like, “Look you can get paid to sleep!”.

There is also a mattress conspiracy about how many stores there are, because of course there is a conspiracy about everything.

https://www.npr.org/transcripts/676543180

“We reached out to Mattress Firm for comment. And the company responded saying that it had been shocked to learn about the alleged misconduct at the Steinhoff organization. It added, quote, "I can tell you with certainty that Mattress Firm is not a money-laundering front. We are, however, obsessed with finding customers the best bed at the best value."

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2020, 03:15:34 PM »
Shit I will take a new mattress.

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2020, 03:38:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

And after you do that you can log on to bollandbranch(dot)com and use code GURNEYSCREAM for 15% off your favorite high quality sheets for your new casper mattress. Let me tell you, youve never experienced a great nights sleep like this before
Casper mattress with the bollandbranch(dot)com high quality sheets just hits different
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1233
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 03:40:36 PM »

nothing beats sleep

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2020, 03:54:35 PM »
Back when were kids in the mid 2000s, me and all my friends were on small mattresses. twins and maybe a full but that was considered a "wide" mattress. Now its trendy to sleep on these super wide mattresses and they look at you crazy if you say you're on a twin. you can hardly find anything smaller than a queen at my local. i mean chico dropped a whole part on a california king. i get having more space to lay on but i always slept better on something slimmer.

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2020, 04:17:44 PM »

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2020, 04:19:35 PM »
Nine club experience Crob makes a joke about a mattress sponsor. Jenkem mag makes a video with BA buying Gall a new mattress. Checking out the lame instagram thread and Joslin has a mattress ad.
Wtf is going on. Are we being brigaded? Are we a focus group? Are skaters a demographic now? Y'all know what astroturfing is?

MJ sprays something MJ like on a different one every week.

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2020, 04:21:15 PM »
I got a Tempurpedic and never looked back.  You spend like 1/3 of your life sleeping so you need that luxury in your life

Agreed, I never knew the point until I ponied up bought one. What a fucking game changer. I've had some fucked up mattresses where I go to sleep and wake up injured. Worth every penny. Charge that shit to the game and treat yo self.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 05:44:02 PM »
Back when were kids in the mid 2000s, me and all my friends were on small mattresses. twins and maybe a full but that was considered a "wide" mattress. Now its trendy to sleep on these super wide mattresses and they look at you crazy if you say you're on a twin. you can hardly find anything smaller than a queen at my local. i mean chico dropped a whole part on a california king. i get having more space to lay on but i always slept better on something slimmer.

Thank you, someone else agrees with me. People freak out that I sleep on a twin. I'm single and live in a small space so every extra inch counts. My cats are the only other ones to get in it so I don't really see a problem.

I really hope mattress firm is a money laundering front because that would be hilarious.

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 07:54:27 PM »
Probably has something to do with Ali Wong’s standup saying don’t date skaters unless you want to wake up on a mattress in the kitchen.
I myself have a Casper mattress but it’s currently in the kitchen.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2020, 07:58:09 PM »
I have four mattresses in my house currently. Also have a couple frames and a crib laying around in parts probably enough for another whole complete. I mainly sleep on the one but you know.. gear madness.

michael scarn

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2020, 09:03:55 PM »

I got my homies tempurpedic after he knocked his gf up and moved to Brazil. If that's not an advertisement for unplanned pregnancy I don't know what is.

nevrwasben

« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2020, 10:05:28 PM »
Purple mattress, 3” grid, king size
I hate sleeping other places than home now

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 878
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2020, 10:13:48 PM »

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2020, 10:15:17 PM »
Expand Quote

nothing beats sleep
[close]
zzzzzzzzzzz
It's way too early for me to think clearly, but who has skated to them? There must be a bunch of parts.

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2020, 11:29:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

nothing beats sleep
[close]
zzzzzzzzzzz
[close]
It's way too early for me to think clearly, but who has skated to them? There must be a bunch of parts.
Some recent video, either 917 or something like that, had a chopped up bit of Dopesmoker.. other than that I don’t know. It’s gotta be hard to get enough footage for songs that long, and there’s only like 12 songs.