Author Topic: Roger of 9 Club hosting?  (Read 17965 times)

Idk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Roger of 9 Club hosting?
« on: September 14, 2020, 08:07:05 AM »
Did his social anxiety finally become too much? Did we hurt his feelings too much?

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: Roger of 9 Club hosting?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 08:08:42 AM »
is he gone??

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 08:11:38 AM »
Did his social anxiety finally become too much? Did we hurt his feelings too much?

You sure you don't mean his grumpy, "I know it all", miserable old bastard syndrome?

I haven't watched an episode in ages. Feels good not listening to the same old stories told over and over, them dismissing/ignoring actual skateboarding news, and their overall airhead personalities.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 08:12:14 AM »
Isn’t it filmed at his house? Would be sick to quit a job based in your living room
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 08:15:40 AM »
Slap should swoop him up and start a Pals podcast that aggressively antagonizes the nine club in a campaign to steal their listeners

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 08:16:36 AM »
In the last experience they said he was doing more "production" style stuff for them, even though they kept insisting on carrying full conversations with him while he sat off camera/off mic.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 08:22:08 AM »
I hope not, but if hes over it I fully support the exit. The sad truth is, theres no money in that youtube niche kingdom shit anymore. Simple math, 5-7k per million views if you run ads hard. Its not bad crust but these guys pump a lot of time and are putting their other lives on hold. Rog is prob capable of better things so hope he finds them if this isn't some random hoax shit post.

Also im sure he would appreciate the freedom to shove a carrot up his ass while jerking off on the floor without some random visit by Bam and his entourage ruining the climax.

conqueso

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 08:24:11 AM »
I hope not, but if hes over it I fully support the exit. The sad truth is, theres no money in that youtube niche kingdom shit anymore. Simple math, 5-7k per million views if you run ads hard. Its not bad crust but these guys pump a lot of time and are putting their other lives on hold. Rog is prob capable of better things so hope he finds them if this isn't some random hoax shit post.

Also im sure he would appreciate the freedom to shove a carrot up his ass while jerking off on the floor without some random visit by Bam and his entourage ruining the climax.

lol wat

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2020, 08:35:03 AM »
I think maybe the show is just carrying a new vibe. .the episodes I've seen recently w. Some combination of him in them were cool I think people are expecting too much of the show. .except maybe know who someone was riding for if that's all they did
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2020, 08:37:10 AM »
OH NOOOOOOO!

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2020, 08:43:44 AM »
I don't mind Jeron taking his place for a while. Also, last weeks experience episode he was there just off screen. They used him to fact check some 411 stuff that Kelly Hart said.

michael scarn

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
I'm fully aware the 9 club is shallow and content-less but i still put it on while I'm working for a kind of white noise if that makes sense.

headtowall

• Rep: -13
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2020, 08:53:59 AM »
he seems to just stepped into the producing behind the scenes stuff

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 09:09:33 AM »

I hope they are getting more than this. Their last 2 months of videos just add up to 1 million. Crob appears to be doing this full time. Rog has other jobs but probably makes the same or close to as Chris as the co-exec producer. Them splitting $3.5k per month and then breaking off whatever crumbs for kelly, justin, steezus, and jeron would be pretty rough...
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 09:11:12 AM »
Am I the only one who had no idea who this dude was prior to the 9 club?

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 09:11:50 AM »
Roger should have a spin off with another skate nerd, maybe he’d sound less sheepish and less like a know it all when compared to the rest of the crew.

Show was better when it was practically the only one. Rather check Mostly and The Bunt, before 9 Club.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 09:13:46 AM »
This decision is probably solely because he can’t stand to sit next to the village idiot Eldridge on the experience anymore without having a nervous breakdown on film. And can you blame him?

KingSharkIsAShark

• Rep: -252
  • Future SLAP Pal
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 09:41:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You sure you don't mean his grumpy, "I know it all", miserable old bastard syndrome?

I haven't watched an episode in ages. Feels good not listening to the same old stories told over and over, them dismissing/ignoring actual skateboarding news, and their overall airhead personalities.

Agreed! He's an entitled douchebag. Even though he's a mid 40 year old unemployed alcoholic who never amounted to shit in life and thinks he deserves a million dollars for holding a camera. Hope he reads this

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 09:58:17 AM »

I don't watch 9 Club, but I definitely had heard his name before he was on the show
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1818523/

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 10:07:46 AM »
Roger was the main reason to watch the show (The Main Show). He'd give a hot take here and there and wasn't afraid to be a dick sometimes. I though it was funny when he told Erik Bragg to his face he'd never get ETN.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2020, 10:11:35 AM »
Roger was the main reason to watch the show (The Main Show). He'd give a hot take here and there and wasn't afraid to be a dick sometimes. I though it was funny when he told Erik Bragg to his face he'd never get ETN.

Totally agree. The best episodes are when he would get a slight buzz and really speak his mind.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »
I only knew or him from the One Step Beyond “making of” in the bonus dvd section.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Bread Harrity

• Rep: 239
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 10:21:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I hope they are getting more than this. Their last 2 months of videos just add up to 1 million. Crob appears to be doing this full time. Rog has other jobs but probably makes the same or close to as Chris as the co-exec producer. Them splitting $3.5k per month and then breaking off whatever crumbs for kelly, justin, steezus, and jeron would be pretty rough...

id bet its much less actually, a year or 2 ago you could make money from views but not so much these days (there was some incident like a year or 2 ago where one of the big youtubers got called out for being racist and a bunch of advertisers pulled their funding and it fucked with most peoples monetization). The NHS sponsorship probably brings them as much as the views do these days.

i like the idea of jeron as the new rog tho, haven't watched in a while but ill give it a shot

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 10:22:04 AM »
You guys gossip like a bunch of white bitches in the 9th grade.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 10:44:08 AM »
your forgetting they have hundreds of paypigs dropping them superchats each week. thats how you make money on youtube now, its not about views and advertising anymore. they are doing very very well for what you can make on youtube these days.

there was a moment like 2 episodes ago where kelly said that he doesn't get money from doing the 9 club, but that "the money that chris and rog get [...] they reinvest into the show". its where he starts pointing out all the new hardware if you want to go find the clip.  i think he accidentally let it slip who gets paid and who doesnt
i’m pretty sure youtube takes like 1/3 of that money off the bat. But between those and the endorsements with pube trimmers and stuff i’m sure they make a lil money

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 10:49:25 AM »
9th grade was a good year for me

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 10:57:34 AM »

...And? your point?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »

i start driver's ed next week, fuckface

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »
Clown gettin clowned

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i start driver's ed next week, fuckface
this made me chuckle.