Author Topic: Roger of 9 Club hosting?  (Read 17963 times)

ndsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Roger of 9 Club hosting?
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 11:20:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You guys gossip like a bunch of white bitches in the 9th grade.
[close]

i start driver's ed next week, fuckface
[close]
this made me chuckle.
I took drivers ed in summer school.  I’d ride my bike to school.  This hot girl Karen Thompson comes up to and touches my neck and let’s me know I missed some shaving cream on my neck.  I didn’t yet shave she had just wiped bird shit from my neck.  Later that summer she gave me a handjo.  I miss you Karen

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 11:46:49 AM »
Roger was the main reason to watch the show (The Main Show). He'd give a hot take here and there and wasn't afraid to be a dick sometimes. I though it was funny when he told Erik Bragg to his face he'd never get ETN.

Agree, Roger definitely was willing to talk about stuff or bring up stuff no one else did. Maybe he's being censored? Who knows.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2020, 11:53:35 AM »
only guy on there with any sense of skateboard history. eldridge might as well be a 14 year old on instagram

free max
FREE MAX B

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2020, 12:12:51 PM »
eldridge might as well be a 14 year old on instagram

free max

I have been around the Slap and DLX boards since 2000. This is the funniest thing Ive ever read.
ok thanks

michael scarn

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 01:16:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Roger was the main reason to watch the show (The Main Show). He'd give a hot take here and there and wasn't afraid to be a dick sometimes. I though it was funny when he told Erik Bragg to his face he'd never get ETN.
[close]

Agree, Roger definitely was willing to talk about stuff or bring up stuff no one else did. Maybe he's being censored? Who knows.

Yeah, i would say he definitely could be censored by crob... the guy avoids anything even remotely controversial like everything is "amazing" and probably doesn't like it when rog actually had an opinion.

Hombreezy

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
You guys gossip like a bunch of white bitches in the 9th grade.
https://youtu.be/2f9TknwAulU?t=20

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2020, 02:17:40 PM »
(Not for nothing) Roger probably skated more than the rest all put together over the time the show has been running. Chris is always talking about how it’s a “whole thing” to get out and skate.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 02:45:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Totally agree. The best episodes are when he would get a slight buzz and really speak his mind.

Yeah, you mean the best episodes of the nine club were the ones where Rog had enough bottles of wife beater that he forgot he was actually on the nine club. - Then after some minor slap backlash he began to bite his tongue, started hiding the beers (what was that about?) and pretty much regressed to not saying anything at all, allowing the whole show to quickly fall into the cowardly inoffensive, show and tell podcast that's scared to have any kind of opinion what so ever.

Anyways that's my take and imo you could pretty much replace this clip over any moment Rog has spoken within the last year on the nine club.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmUCLnN56f0

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 02:57:21 PM »
your forgetting they have hundreds of paypigs dropping them superchats each week. thats how you make money on youtube now, its not about views and advertising anymore. they are doing very very well for what you can make on youtube these days.

there was a moment like 2 episodes ago where kelly said that he doesn't get money from doing the 9 club, but that "the money that chris and rog get [...] they reinvest into the show". its where he starts pointing out all the new hardware if you want to go find the clip.  i think he accidentally let it slip who gets paid and who doesnt

Kelly also said that the chat where they donated the money to charity that one time was by far the most they ever made during a live chat. Cant remember the exact number he said, was a few grand but I remember thinking if thats their PB these guys are running on fumes. Weekend Buzz paved the way and even that tanked, not holding much hope for good ole 9club long term. All the podcasts that last are the ones that get down and dirty / controversial. 9club had it back in the day with Wayne blasting blunts and Dollin paving the table in beer bottles but it got a lot tamer and are running out of pros to highlight. Repeating old pros was the beginning of the end.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 03:54:51 PM »

Is this when we DM him to do the questions?

Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 04:01:16 PM »
I haven't listened to it in months. But, he was the most interesting simply due to the fact he actually knew the guests back story and wasn't afraid to be critical. In general, unless its a guest I'm really interested to hear talk, I'll rarely listen to a nine club, whereas the Bunt is generally good regardless due to being shorter and rapid fire (I rarely listen to anything past the guest). Kelly is to happy go-lucky, and Chris Roberts doesn't know much about the guests unless he actually knows them outside of them appearing on his podcast.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 04:35:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is this when we DM him to do the questions?

Nah, DMing people is a “Whole Thing”.

Double Thick Filbert

• Rep: -56
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 06:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I hope not, but if hes over it I fully support the exit. The sad truth is, theres no money in that youtube niche kingdom shit anymore. Simple math, 5-7k per million views if you run ads hard. Its not bad crust but these guys pump a lot of time and are putting their other lives on hold. Rog is prob capable of better things so hope he finds them if this isn't some random hoax shit post.

Also im sure he would appreciate the freedom to shove a carrot up his ass while jerking off on the floor without some random visit by Bam and his entourage ruining the climax.
[close]

I hope they are getting more than this. Their last 2 months of videos just add up to 1 million. Crob appears to be doing this full time. Rog has other jobs but probably makes the same or close to as Chris as the co-exec producer. Them splitting $3.5k per month and then breaking off whatever crumbs for kelly, justin, steezus, and jeron would be pretty rough...

What you just wrote is incorrect homie

They have 2 nine club channels on youtube and actually have 1.9 million+ views in the last 30 days.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 06:40:54 PM »
Recently listened to the Tim Gavin episode they did. Tim's so funny that it was worth it. But I haven't listened to another full episode in a long time.

They had Chris Cole as their most recent guest and I got through about ten minutes. He was trying to explain why he couldn't slappy and it was like I was listening to Charlie Brown's teacher, so I had to turn it off and get some work done.

I'm a fan of Jeron and it's cool to see him taking an active role, but it would really suck to see Roger leave since he's a trove of skate knowledge. I don't think he lost his edge too much, he went off on Element for underpaying filmers not too long ago.

robertson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 07:03:00 PM »
I gave up on this podcast a long time ago.  And it was purely because of Chris Roberts.  He is super clueless, he interjects after every sentence with "oh, yeah, wow, uh-huh", he interrupts interesting stories to talk about some lame shop sponsor that no one cares about(including the guest most times), and there is just no substance to his interviews.
Kelly is a goof, but likable.  Rog always drops good knowledge.

theloniousmonk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 07:15:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I hope not, but if hes over it I fully support the exit. The sad truth is, theres no money in that youtube niche kingdom shit anymore. Simple math, 5-7k per million views if you run ads hard. Its not bad crust but these guys pump a lot of time and are putting their other lives on hold. Rog is prob capable of better things so hope he finds them if this isn't some random hoax shit post.

Also im sure he would appreciate the freedom to shove a carrot up his ass while jerking off on the floor without some random visit by Bam and his entourage ruining the climax.
[close]

I hope they are getting more than this. Their last 2 months of videos just add up to 1 million. Crob appears to be doing this full time. Rog has other jobs but probably makes the same or close to as Chris as the co-exec producer. Them splitting $3.5k per month and then breaking off whatever crumbs for kelly, justin, steezus, and jeron would be pretty rough...
[close]

What you just wrote is incorrect homie

They have 2 nine club channels on youtube and actually have 1.9 million+ views in the last 30 days.

Plus, they have the raffles in the chat where you donate to enter. And the in episode ads

doublesteveburger

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2020, 07:25:26 PM »
the bunt should interview roger

http://youtu.be/Zn33LLmwzeY

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 07:27:58 PM »
Roger is a good, cynical foil to the California bro down that happens weekly.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2020, 07:48:38 PM »
I gave up on this podcast a long time ago.  And it was purely because of Chris Roberts.  He is super clueless, he interjects after every sentence with "oh, yeah, wow, uh-huh", he interrupts interesting stories to talk about some lame shop sponsor that no one cares about(including the guest most times), and there is just no substance to his interviews.
Kelly is a goof, but likable.  Rog always drops good knowledge.

Sums it up perfectly. Ultimately the show actually fucking sucks thanks to the fact that they come completely unprepared.

I think at first it was this neat "hey cool! Ill do that!" thing because it was well-produced, Crob is, ostensibly anyway, funny, and Rog is a legit skate fan and Kelly has a big heart and is nice.

This wont be popular, but fuck it, the Bunt guys are way, way more knowledgeable but they sound like they are trying SO FUCKING HARD to sound like they do and be "cool" and fucking gangster or some shit its fucking hella annoying. Still, I'd listen to that shit all day compared to 9C, like most of you.
ok thanks

drewdc

• Rep: -85
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2020, 08:21:59 PM »
ive been sticking to the highlights . Roger is great and has a lot of knowledge . roger doesn't have  a at the end of the road skate career to milk coverage of this like the other guys. this is the most boards crob has ever sold guaranteed

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2020, 08:30:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Totally agree. The best episodes are when he would get a slight buzz and really speak his mind.
[close]

Yeah, you mean the best episodes of the nine club were the ones where Rog had enough bottles of wife beater that he forgot he was actually on the nine club. - Then after some minor slap backlash he began to bite his tongue, started hiding the beers (what was that about?) and pretty much regressed to not saying anything at all, allowing the whole show to quickly fall into the cowardly inoffensive, show and tell podcast that's scared to have any kind of opinion what so ever.

Anyways that's my take and imo you could pretty much replace this clip over any moment Rog has spoken within the last year on the nine club.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmUCLnN56f0

Pretty much sums up why I stopped watching. Blame covid sure but it fell off long before then.

the bunt should interview roger

http://youtu.be/Zn33LLmwzeY
Takes me back to those MP3 player days pre iPod

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2020, 09:05:22 PM »
Gonna miss that smug bastard. Loved how he looked at the guests

conqueso

« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2020, 12:40:11 AM »
Roger bunt interview would be great tbh

lp2147

• Rep: 1
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2020, 12:48:32 AM »
Pretty sure Kelly said he was interviewed by the bunt recently, looking forward to that. Although agreed that a Rog one would be more entertaining. 

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2020, 12:51:30 AM »
Roger is sick, a bunt episode would be epic!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

quesly

• Rep: 14
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2020, 01:36:33 AM »
Nine Club: the show with people who used to skateboard talk about skateboarding

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2020, 02:56:26 AM »
Actually watched a bit of latest experience to see how it fared without Rog. In one segment, Chris has a combo on Rog's shitty little slappy curb that semi blew up on insta recently. Word has it that Rog is super gutted after all his years of carrying the 'guy who still skates' slappy gutter torch. Now, Chris comes out of retirement and destroys his one spot in a single session. Rog is super depressed and over the whole 'experience' and is making moves to destroy the show as retaliation. True story..

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2020, 03:19:15 AM »
I always liked Rog. To me he’s just not an ass licker and people mistake that for smugness.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2020, 05:00:38 AM »
They had a meeting with the manscape marketing department and Roger just didnt hit the right demographics or have that golden voice for advertisement.

Or he feels bad he actually said 'dude can you get my taint' to Chris in that manscape ad. Hope that ad pays alright. I'd say it for a free razor i reckon.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Koopa16

• Rep: -9
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2020, 05:23:07 AM »
At least he is being replaced by a dude that actually did something in skating.