Author Topic: Roger of 9 Club hosting?  (Read 17979 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Roger of 9 Club hosting?
« Reply #60 on: September 15, 2020, 05:46:33 AM »
Actually watched a bit of latest experience to see how it fared without Rog. In one segment, Chris has a combo on Rog's shitty little slappy curb that semi blew up on insta recently. Word has it that Rog is super gutted after all his years of carrying the 'guy who still skates' slappy gutter torch. Now, Chris comes out of retirement and destroys his one spot in a single session. Rog is super depressed and over the whole 'experience' and is making moves to destroy the show as retaliation. True story..

lol

TheDingus

« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2020, 05:57:19 AM »
Nine Club: the show with people who used to skateboard talk about skateboarding

Just like slap!

busch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2020, 06:10:51 AM »
Pretty sure Kelly said he was interviewed by the bunt recently, looking forward to that. Although agreed that a Rog one would be more entertaining.
A Kelly Hart rapid fire is almost guaranteed to be the softest one yet. Zero gun shots.

ClownOfTheDay

• Rep: -17
  • I miss Assflea
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2020, 07:44:09 AM »

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #64 on: September 15, 2020, 07:49:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Nine Club: the show with people who used to skateboard talk about skateboarding
[close]

Just like slap!

bahaha yes

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • <3
« Reply #65 on: September 15, 2020, 09:24:35 AM »
Ya'll just haters. Budget ass keyboard jockeys. Haha, its nothing but love I'm just talking shit, but I like nine club for what it is. Are there episodes I skip, or don't make it all the way through? Yea, but I do that with all my favorite podcasts, albums, tv shows (that weren't congruent to each episode) etc.

I think this was Roger's idea. He's always spouted how he thought someone else would be better in his seat. I think this is a good move, and don't have any problem with Rog spouting off from the background. I remember growing up, seeing that type of shit with late night tv or something.

Anyways, I think Dubs is a solid addition, he adds a really good vibe.

Ok cool, someone order me a pizza.
The chillest1

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #66 on: September 15, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »
I haven’t listened to an actual nine club in a while except I’ve  been listening to the stop and chats and I like them more. It’s more free and no corny stories everyone knows. But damn with out roger I can’t see any 9 club being appealing. They all stray away from serious questions but he was the more likely to say what he wanted. Hopefully if he is off he started a more roger skate need type pod or segment of nine club. Or even with momentum of nine club make a homie video or something

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2020, 10:23:25 AM »
I don't hate the 9Club, and like the Bunt, episodes are make or break by the guest. I think the Steve Olson episode is one of the best skate podcasts ever.

Im surprised to see Rog hate on here. Dude's a true skate nerd, and as said above, he has actual opinions on skateboarding, unlike anyone else on the show. He was a much needed balance to Kelly Hart. The Nine Club will be worse without him.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2020, 10:33:09 AM »
Im surprised to see Rog hate on here. Dude's a true skate nerd, and as said above, he has actual opinions on skateboarding,

A big part of slap is having differing opinions on skate-related topics, which is exactly what Rog does. That paired with his seemingly endless skate-knowledge feels integral to the show.

Ironic to think he catches heat on the forum for doing essentially what we do on here but with a more inside-perspective to base said opinions on

Shuh

• Rep: 4
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Im surprised to see Rog hate on here. Dude's a true skate nerd, and as said above, he has actual opinions on skateboarding,
[close]

A big part of slap is having differing opinions on skate-related topics, which is exactly what Rog does. That paired with his seemingly endless skate-knowledge feels integral to the show.

Ironic to think he catches heat on the forum for doing essentially what we do on here but with a more inside-perspective to base said opinions on

Probably just wants to ge wasted off screen.

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2020, 11:07:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Pretty sure Kelly said he was interviewed by the bunt recently, looking forward to that. Although agreed that a Rog one would be more entertaining.
[close]
A Kelly Hart rapid fire is almost guaranteed to be the softest one yet. Zero gun shots.
Couldn't be softer than Dan Lu's

rupertspupkin

• Rep: 11
« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »

Nine club = plain bagel
Bunt = everything bagel

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2020, 11:50:47 AM »

Nine club = plain bagel
Bunt = everything bagel

Tim O' Connor Show = Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bagel with Vanilla Ice Cream oozing out of it

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2020, 11:51:14 AM »

Nine club = plain bagel
Bunt = everything bagel

Switchpopshuvit

• Rep: 4
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2020, 12:04:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Or Kenny Reed's

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2020, 12:11:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
Or Kenny Reed's

Gilbert's actually might be the weakest. He's just a nice dude that doesn't like to talk trash (46 minutes)

https://thebuntlive.com/episodes/the-bunt-s03-episode-11-ft-gilbert-crockett-alien-it-seemed-like-a-lost-cause-to-me/

I take care of my curbs.

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2020, 01:52:48 PM »
Roger is pretty cool.  He takes a lot of shit but without him, episodes with guys like Grosso or Lance or basically anyone older than Chris Roberts, they would have nothing to talk about.  Roger also skates a good curb.  Skate shows need skate nerds. 

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2020, 02:05:25 PM »
Rog and some guests are what make the show watchable for me (depending on guest). I would guess that 50% of what they make comes from brand sponsors of the show/maybe some from guest sponsors. Views, donations i would imagine are basically cherries on top.

I don't find Rog to be arrogant or a "know it all" but the only "know something" on the show.

The Bunt, Mission Statement, and our very own Pals Questions are superior in all ways if you ask me.

Dan Lu's existence, but most of all RAPID FIRE was soft as lambs wool
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 02:13:11 PM by figureitout »

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2020, 04:37:45 PM »
I'm gonna go with:

Roger looked visibly bummed in the ragdoll stop n chat, my guess is that he's over it because 'skaters are idiots' and they said on the show that you can't monetize a video if there's too much swearing in it, especially in the frst hour. he realized theyd have to cut the swears, and didnt want to butcher the episode because of it. so he let it slide but decided there and then that its something out of his control so he took his chance to peace out. along with the fact that he barely said anything most episodes anyway, it must have been an easy decision. if youve been watching the show and then you were on it, and swore your ass off, you just fucked with the money those dudes were trying to make.

(not totally serious about this post, yeah yeah i know eldridge swears tons and they make money from donations blah blah)

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »
Rethought my original theory that Rog was pissed at Crob for shutting down his slappy curb. Its probably more that Rog wants to kick back stoned out with a Beer and not have studio lights up in his grill.

It was one episode before with Tim Gavin that he bailed, only way it could time up with Crob is if he saw the footage early and knew it would blow up cos its literally the best skating Crob has done in 10 years. Having his spot shutdown by Crob of all people would definitely make it an easier decision.

Edit: Found the Crob clip

http://www.instagram.com/p/CEr0HrFDoTs/?igshid=1jpv6bzxvry0t
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 09:43:56 PM by hateboard »

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2020, 09:49:32 PM »

YutoBufoni

« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2020, 09:51:48 PM »
So much negativity on these dudes! I fully back the 8 club 100%. And love what the dudes are doing. If rog wants a break who cares, let him get a break! Maybe he just enjoys producing more and wants to do that. Not a big deal.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2020, 10:34:48 PM »
I like dubs on because I gave up on the experience, too many other decent guests on other podcasts because of COVID.....weird how these guys are just revisiting the same guests....

50 Lions

• Rep: -57
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2020, 10:39:01 PM »
I like dubs on because I gave up on the experience, too many other decent guests on other podcasts because of COVID.....weird how these guys are just revisiting the same guests....
Not only that, they are asking the same questions. They had Cole on for a ‘stop and chat’ and spent 30 mins discussing his Wallenberg 360 flip. I think it’s the third time now they have had him on and had a lengthy discussion about it.

IMO bring back Rodger, keep Jeron and give Eldy the flick

hateboard

« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2020, 10:59:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Not only that, they are asking the same questions. They had Cole on for a ‘stop and chat’ and spent 30 mins discussing his Wallenberg 360 flip. I think it’s the third time now they have had him on and had a lengthy discussion about it.

IMO bring back Rodger, keep Jeron and give Eldy the flick

Nah fuck that, I need Eldy's cheerleader bimbo perspective, there is only so many dead serious opinions I can handle. And if you think Rog was cancelled by anyone elses hand other than his own ur dreaming. Let him retire in peace.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #85 on: September 15, 2020, 11:29:23 PM »

Edit: Found the Crob clip

http://www.instagram.com/p/CEr0HrFDoTs/?igshid=1jpv6bzxvry0t

I found it weird that his wheels didn’t make a sound when he landed...

hateboard

« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2020, 11:37:12 PM »
Expand Quote

wow! ty evans conspiracy theory and im buying it.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2020, 11:41:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

wow! ty evans conspiracy theory and im buying it.

The more I watch it, the more it’s bothering me. I’ll have to DM him like a man.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2020, 11:48:27 PM »
I'm fully aware the 9 club is shallow and content-less but i still put it on while I'm working for a kind of white noise if that makes sense.

It has kept me company for hours of painstaking auto repair and carpentry, and honestly that's literally all I need it for
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

hateboard

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2020, 01:17:26 AM »
Gotta say, Crob came through, the other fuckers need to film some clips to keep the show aliveZ Eldy get off ur retired ass and find a tech trick u can still do to man up, Kelly should be fine to pull one out, Steezus is the missing link, dudes back is out of surgery, but he would be doing himself big ups if he nabbed a clip. Like u mofos keep telling all ur guests 'we are just happy to see u still skating'... live it