Author Topic: Roger of 9 Club hosting?  (Read 17967 times)

DISTANT RUMOURS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
Re: Roger of 9 Club hosting?
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2020, 01:55:32 AM »
Not gonna lie, I like the nine club alot.

It's the 'feel good' show while the bunt has more 'edge'. The bunt makes me cringe sometimes though, mainly because that wannabe gangster talk gets old real fast.

The only advice I'd give Nine Club is to make the questions more deeper. If something happens, get to it. If you know a skate was into drugs, ask him about it. They're not going to eat you alive...

Rog was a huge part of the show for me and it already feels akward, he had soome goo dknowlegde and stuff from behind the scenes, and dare to be critical...

He was the grumpy likeable uncle :(

el chino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -375
  • ants suck!
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2020, 01:48:42 PM »
Jeron sucks ass, everything is " so weird" or "so random"  and what the fuck was that buttery/budget bullshit? Full on crailtap  bullshit
<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/8ph4y/embed"></iframe>

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2020, 04:40:32 PM »
roger on the bunt would be sick

free max b
FREE MAX B

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2020, 06:05:39 PM »

free max b
I agree and for gods sake someone free Max b.  I have to ask, are you sure Max B hasn’t already achieved his freedom.   Curious minds want to know

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2020, 06:05:51 PM »
9 club sux cox n' dix

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2020, 07:30:52 PM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]
I agree and for gods sake someone free Max b.  I have to ask, are you sure Max B hasn’t already achieved his freedom.   Curious minds want to know
max b will be free as early as next year. pete singlehandedly reduced max b’s 75 year prison sentence to 12 years. thank you pete.

also, rogers tight, anyone sending shots at my boy can eat shit.

ennui

• Rep: 1
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2020, 07:58:14 PM »
I dont get why they keep talking to him like he has a mic. Either give him one and talk to him off camera, or dont give him a mic and stop asking dead air for skatenerd knowledge/facts ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2020, 08:15:04 PM »
Not gonna lie, I like the nine club alot.

It's the 'feel good' show while the bunt has more 'edge'. The bunt makes me cringe sometimes though, mainly because that wannabe gangster talk gets old real fast.

The only advice I'd give Nine Club is to make the questions more deeper. If something happens, get to it. If you know a skate was into drugs, ask him about it. They're not going to eat you alive...

Rog was a huge part of the show for me and it already feels akward, he had soome goo dknowlegde and stuff from behind the scenes, and dare to be critical...

He was the grumpy likeable uncle :(
This is pretty much the exact same way I feel. I appreciate what they do but do wish it was a little less PG. The California bro down everyone loves each other shit gets old quick but that’s why Roger is important

Watitdo

« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »
Is Kelly and Eldy injured? Why do they never post clips?

They're streaming live right now with Jeron and Eldy.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2020, 10:12:14 PM »
Is Kelly and Eldy injured? Why do they never post clips?

They're streaming live right now with Jeron and Eldy.

Kelly broke an ankle and had some sort of surgery in the past year i'm pretty sure. Eldy is injured too.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 01:39:43 AM by Sila »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »
I think Kelly is semi retired as a pro skater and Eldy rides for chocolate....

freddiethreepwood

• Rep: 24
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2020, 12:40:21 AM »
This shit was borderline unwatchable when Rog wasn't engaged and will be completely unwatchable without him.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2020, 12:51:56 AM »
Also of social media apparently.

Not a single post on his instagram.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2020, 01:16:17 AM »
Also of social media apparently.

Not a single post on his instagram.

He was always talking about how he randomly deletes everything or deletes videos once they hit 10k views or something so it’s par for the course I guess.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2020, 02:30:47 AM »
I back Roger as a background guy, doing fact checks and pulling videos/images a la Jamie in Joe Rogan's Experience.

Also, this could mean the outside ventures shown in the early experiences could be revamped and worked a bit better, it's just a matter of doing more behind vs in front of the camera, like he's used to anyways.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Jagr

• Rep: 116
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2020, 07:25:28 AM »

free max b

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2020, 07:57:49 AM »
My unpopular opinion is that outside of skate knowledge, Rog is kind of an idiot. He constantly fucks up talking about basic adult human stuff but with the same confident little smirk that he has when he talks about who did what on a Ventura parking lot fire hydrant in 1994.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kelly had a much higher IQ or whatever. (I am not Kelly I swear)

skrub

• Rep: -3
« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2020, 01:23:25 AM »
I loved the 9 club.

My take:

Chris is a really good host and his "arrogant i don't skate anymore" schtick was pretty funny. He's actually a good leader and keeps stuff on track.

Kelly as the bubbly positive guy and 411 fanboy is great.

Roger as the crabby deep knowledge skateboard insider added tons of texture.

Experience crew:

Steezus is great. Non California perspective, good takes, funny af

Eldy is a clown, but there's room for a clown with 5 guys

JW is a 1000% positive, buttery perfect replacement for any of the three dudes who aren't Crob or Rog, which made him the ideal guest.

But replacing Rog with JW fucks up the whole texture of the show, Crob has no go-to guy for facts (hence all the stupid dead air bullshit) and the whole flow of the show is not as good. If they ever go back to real episodes, they will really suffer for not having someone who actually was paying attention to something other than their own career over the last 20 years asking questions.

My guess is that Chris is hardcore chasing the YouTube dream and felt like JW drew better than Rog, and my other guess is that Rog passive aggressively was like "ok fine kick me off" and left on-camera piece. Chris also sounded super disingenuous when he explained about Roger being demoted.

You can feel tension now that wasn't there before and it's lame. I like all 6 dudes, but I haven't been able to watch a non-Rog episode. I'm pretty much done which sucks because I've watched every episode, even the bad ones. I have no podcast in my life now.

I was thinking of sending back my mug in protest, but I want to try to stay positive. I wish them all well, but they no longer have any authenticity and I don't need to watch PG video of dudes saying rad skateboarding is rad. I can just watch Skateline, get some fucking humor, and catch my links there.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2020, 01:45:38 AM »
I like the Nine Club, I just throw it on for some background banter and don't take it very seriously though. The way they bite their tongues while sarcastically  reading out their ads as a unit is hilarious.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2020, 04:31:30 AM »
I loved the 9 club.

My take:

Chris is a really good host and his "arrogant i don't skate anymore" schtick was pretty funny. He's actually a good leader and keeps stuff on track.

Experience crew:

JW is a 1000% positive, buttery perfect replacement for any of the three dudes who aren't Crob or Rog, which made him the ideal guest.

But replacing Rog with JW fucks up the whole texture of the show, Crob has no go-to guy for facts (hence all the stupid dead air bullshit) and the whole flow of the show is not as good. If they ever go back to real episodes, they will really suffer for not having someone who actually was paying attention to something other than their own career over the last 20 years asking questions.

My guess is that Chris is hardcore chasing the YouTube dream and felt like JW drew better than Rog, and my other guess is that Rog passive aggressively was like "ok fine kick me off" and left on-camera piece. Chris also sounded super disingenuous when he explained about Roger being demoted.

You can feel tension now that wasn't there before and it's lame. I like all 6 dudes, but I haven't been able to watch a non-Rog episode. I'm pretty much done which sucks because I've watched every episode, even the bad ones. I have no podcast in my life now.

I was thinking of sending back my mug in protest, but I want to try to stay positive. I wish them all well, but they no longer have any authenticity and I don't need to watch PG video of dudes saying rad skateboarding is rad. I can just watch Skateline, get some fucking humor, and catch my links there.

They had a 13 yr old kid phone in, who told them JW was his favourite skater, they arent adding grit anytime soon, if anything I seem them sanitizing the format even more and hoping to pickup some braille fetus fans.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »

No... no he is not.

Chris also sounded super disingenuous when he explained about Roger being demoted.

He always sounded disingenuous.

I was thinking of sending back my mug in protest

Do it. Post pics of you shipping it out at the post office too.

In return I will gnar you for eternity, AND grant you 3 wishes.

Edit: I’m too lazy to fix the quotes today

tobal

• Rep: -12
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2020, 07:38:18 AM »
Alf épisode is great.

biaherl

• Rep: 253
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2020, 11:35:17 AM »

Just bought this

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2020, 01:57:23 PM »
My unpopular opinion is that outside of skate knowledge, Rog is kind of an idiot. He constantly fucks up talking about basic adult human stuff but with the same confident little smirk that he has when he talks about who did what on a Ventura parking lot fire hydrant in 1994.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kelly had a much higher IQ or whatever. (I am not Kelly I swear)

It seems like you're implying that Rog is on the spectrum, like asperger's or something. I could totally buy that.

On Topic: I haven't watched an episode in a long time but I'm a bit bummed Rog isn't there. I think they balanced each other very well.

Miller92

• Rep: -282
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2020, 02:07:50 PM »
Jeron in Roger's spot is weird only on the main show.  Not into it for some reason. 

As far as the experience, they need to swap out steezus for a different person every week.  someone that has something to share, promote, anything but steezus every week.

i feel like im beating a dead horse but despite the shows being totally fine, they're blowing it by not doing other content on the channel.  field segments, day in the lifes, spot checks, anything?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2020, 04:45:16 PM »

Just bought this
I’m not a consolidated fan but they made this an ad 21 years ago(with a text ad) are Alf and Birdo homies? Or did Alf just pull a subliminal rip

StrictlyBiznas

• Rep: 2
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2020, 08:07:16 PM »
I loved the 9 club.

My take:

Experience crew:

I mirror your response. It was a Great dynamic with Rog.
Free ma doooode ROGER BAGLEY

Nanda Zinger

• Rep: 56
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »
Expand Quote

Just bought this
[close]
I’m not a consolidated fan but they made this an ad 21 years ago(with a text ad) are Alf and Birdo homies? Or did Alf just pull a subliminal rip
Also not a Consolidated fan but remember that hilarious ad!

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2020, 03:13:42 AM »
I hope not, but if hes over it I fully support the exit. The sad truth is, theres no money in that youtube niche kingdom shit anymore. Simple math, 5-7k per million views if you run ads hard. Its not bad crust but these guys pump a lot of time and are putting their other lives on hold. Rog is prob capable of better things so hope he finds them if this isn't some random hoax shit post.

Also im sure he would appreciate the freedom to shove a carrot up his ass while jerking off on the floor without some random visit by Bam and his entourage ruining the climax.
That last bit was funny as fuck lmao

skunty

• Rep: 68
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2020, 09:23:34 AM »
Rog's sexual innuendos and always being annoyed at Crob was fucking hilarious and sorta cringe at the same time. He would say shit I haven't heard since the junior high lunch table and I loved it