Author Topic: Shoes you bought more then once  (Read 5258 times)

Phantasma Del Mar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Shoes you bought more then once
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2020, 02:49:37 PM »
Etnies MC Rap

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2020, 04:58:35 PM »
vans sk8-hi pro
vans sk8-hi vault
vans style 238 vault
cons ctas hi & low
cons pappalardo
nike sb blazer mid
good come sausage

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #122 on: September 18, 2020, 05:46:59 PM »
I had a lot of Lakai Griffins, Daly's / MJs, and Rileys. Kinda got a little OCD and really liked that sole and they treated me well. Had easily 10 pairs of the MJs and Rileys each.
Aside from that, blazers.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2020, 12:31:56 AM »
*cracks knuckles and does hand stretch thing*
Etnies Marana: 17 at this point. Skated about 6 of those pairs at least (pre and post Michelin soles)
Etnies Joslin: 13 pairs. Tied with being my favorite shoe next to the Maranas.
     These two are my go-to and home base for skate shoes, so that's why I stocked up lol.
Emerica Reynolds G6: 5. Got the gold ones they did for him leaving! Wish I snagged a couple more since that's been Emerica's best shoe since the previous Reynolds Low/Mid and Herman G6 were axed.
Emerica Hsu (the nice midtop ones): 2 or 3 I think. Best shoe for me before the Marana came along. Got 1 left to swoon over.
Nike SB Dunks: 15. Some I skated and others I will skate. Some could be money makers though, but I want to skate them! I'll post a photo in another thread if anyone is interested  8)
Nike SB Blazer Mids: 8. Skated half of these straight a few years back. Lance Mountain blues I am still holding on to. *heart eyes*
eS Accel Slim (really good to skate with good insoles but isn't super durable), Accel OG before I realized they weren't as good as I thought they were going to be...
Vans Halfcab and Halfcab Pro.

I am sure there were a couple others I bought more than once over the years but can't remember right now.
Definitely had a shoe crisis a couple years back and wanted to try everything because life is short! But also because I was compensating for a decline in skate ability/time to skate, so SHOES MUST BE THE ANSWER! no.. not entirely. It was me, it was always me.

Quick PSA: it's cool to enjoy gear and stock up to some degree, but definitely try to be mindful with time you can devote to actually skating the gear you buy/hoard. It might deteriorate if you wait too long, or maybe your foot changes shape/size over time, or maybe vulcs hurt like fuck, so you can only skate cups now, etc. I am not your parent, so do what you want, but just want to share an experience from someone who went too far experimenting..
Super Champion Fun Zone

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2020, 12:50:24 AM »
*cracks knuckles and does hand stretch thing*
Etnies Marana: 17 at this point. Skated about 6 of those pairs at least (pre and post Michelin soles)
Etnies Joslin: 13 pairs. Tied with being my favorite shoe next to the Maranas.
     These two are my go-to and home base for skate shoes, so that's why I stocked up lol.
Emerica Reynolds G6: 5. Got the gold ones they did for him leaving! Wish I snagged a couple more since that's been Emerica's best shoe since the previous Reynolds Low/Mid and Herman G6 were axed.
Emerica Hsu (the nice midtop ones): 2 or 3 I think. Best shoe for me before the Marana came along. Got 1 left to swoon over.
Nike SB Dunks: 15. Some I skated and others I will skate. Some could be money makers though, but I want to skate them! I'll post a photo in another thread if anyone is interested  8)
Nike SB Blazer Mids: 8. Skated half of these straight a few years back. Lance Mountain blues I am still holding on to. *heart eyes*
eS Accel Slim (really good to skate with good insoles but isn't super durable), Accel OG before I realized they weren't as good as I thought they were going to be...
Vans Halfcab and Halfcab Pro.

I am sure there were a couple others I bought more than once over the years but can't remember right now.
Definitely had a shoe crisis a couple years back and wanted to try everything because life is short! But also because I was compensating for a decline in skate ability/time to skate, so SHOES MUST BE THE ANSWER! no.. not entirely. It was me, it was always me.

Quick PSA: it's cool to enjoy gear and stock up to some degree, but definitely try to be mindful with time you can devote to actually skating the gear you buy/hoard. It might deteriorate if you wait too long, or maybe your foot changes shape/size over time, or maybe vulcs hurt like fuck, so you can only skate cups now, etc. I am not your parent, so do what you want, but just want to share an experience from someone who went too far experimenting..

truth af. i bought a pair of es shoes at a 55% discount for my winter skate shoe and shortly after, i deep fried my ankle and now i cant skate for at least the rest of the year, let alone walk normally. my current shoes are still at like 90%, too and i got 2 decks and a pair of stage viii's ready to go. whatever, fuck it. lifes a bitch and then you die.

Garbagewagon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2020, 02:26:16 PM »
Vans Chukka boots. They need to keep a Pro Chukka boot in the line up.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2020, 04:14:54 PM »
I have shamelessly owned no less than 20 pairs of black suede accels. I’d mix it up and go tan once a year. Maybe sprinkle in some K1s. Black suede as well

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2020, 04:26:47 PM »
Pretty basic on my re buys, dunk highs, sk8 hi, griffins, busenitz, and the arto 2s rust colored jawns. Hot shit that was my shoe.
Whoa. Danger.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2020, 05:12:45 PM »
I have shamelessly owned no less than 20 pairs of black suede accels. I’d mix it up and go tan once a year. Maybe sprinkle in some K1s. Black suede as well
that's what i like to hear! what did you do when es was on hiatus? or did you stock up?

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -86
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2020, 06:26:01 PM »
Chronologically and ones I’ve skated:

Accel, Dunk High, Soca, Half Cab, Sk8-Hi, Nike Teams, Janoski, CTAS High + Low, Slip On Pro... some others but can’t remember. These the main ones that stick out cause they skated the best.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2020, 06:27:46 PM »
Reynolds 2
Reynolds 3
Dunks
Dunk Mids
Blazers
Janoski's
Busenitz's
Rowley Classics
Manchester

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2020, 08:36:29 PM »
Adidas Busenitz Pro
Adidas Matchcourt
Adidas Lucas Premier

and back in the day -

Airwalk Prototype
Airwalk Disaster
Airwalk Velocity
Airwalk Jim
Airwalk One

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #132 on: September 20, 2020, 10:01:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that's what i like to hear! what did you do when es was on hiatus? or did you stock up?

I went on hiatus too lol... Haven’t had a chance to try on OG’s or slims. In 3st.004s and busenitz til I try em again but I think it’s a time past gone. They still look sick though