Author Topic: Shoes you bought more then once  (Read 5252 times)

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 938
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
Re: Shoes you bought more then once
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2020, 03:50:02 PM »
SK8 Hi
Halfcabs
Rowleys
TNT II / SG
Lizzie slip on pros
Crockett Mids

OG Jordans
Fallen Chiefs (with the red foxing stripe)
Vision Street Wear (both the shell toe and the Bball stye)
Reynolds 1 / 2 / 3

Busenitz (until I realized I hated skating with lifts)
Puig Premier (have some for chilling too)

DC Mike MO (these were underrated and felt much the same as the Prod 6)
DC Smiths Mids (so good, have a pair on ice still)

Prod 6

« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:17:42 PM by Xen »

rosemaryBB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2020, 04:07:01 PM »
Like many others I have to say that the Busenitz are my top most skated shoe at around six pairs - had the vulcs once and absolutely hated them

Sambas - three pairs of the actual non-skate ones, one pair of the skate ones (which were ironically much worse feeling IMO)

Reynolds 2 and Accels back in the day

On my third pair of Koston 3s right now and I gotta say that for the amount of hate they got they're really my favorite shoe of the last 5 years. Got my last pair for about $35 used

On my second pair of NB#440's right now and I feel like I def be getting more of these as well.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2020, 11:31:30 PM »
I feel like people are just replying to this thread with their own lists of shoes rather than actually participating in any sort of discourse...

well, one thing i wondered for sure is, that some people only skated the same shoe model twice or three times? i think i had this year alone 4 blazers (and in between other shoes)

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2020, 12:30:15 AM »
accel, halfcab, old skool, rowley classic, tom penny 2, no skool, howard 5, howard select, soca 2, mj-3, reynolds 2, leo romero 1 were great too.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2020, 12:52:39 AM »
in all my years i had a bunch of shoes more than once.....recently the tyshawns and the copa nationale- had to go half size down in the copa and superglue the seams in the toe and now they skate really well!

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2020, 04:49:58 AM »
Too many to remember but the ones that I have fond memories are Half cabs. I skated 13 pairs in a row for one year. It was beautiful, you could find them so damn cheap at that time here. Both classics and pros.
Honorable mentions I can remember: ave pros, slip on pros, blazers mid, walker pros and that's it I think.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2020, 05:57:29 AM »
Vans Half Cab
Vans Slip On Pro
Vans Old Skool Pro
Huf Classic Lo
Huf Hupper 2 Lo
Huf Dylan Slip
Huf Soto
Adidas Liberty Cup

You can tell from this timeline when my feet died. Still really itching to get Half Cabs again, though.

rothdigga

• Rep: 565
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
I thought everyone did this. I like trying different boards and wheels, but once I find a shoe that works I stick to it. My ankles are too precious to fuck around with different shoes.

At least x5 pairs of the first Emerica Leos (every model after the first sucked)
A couple of pairs of Reynolds Cruisers (these changed and became terrible)
About x5 pairs of the first run of Adidas campus before they changed the fit (like the brown Silas colorway)
More than x5 pairs of Blazer Lows before the quality went to shit
x5 pairs of Adidas Skates (was bummed when this one was discontinued)
x3 pairs of Vans Rowley SPVs (if this shoe was a tiny bit wider it would've been perfect)
More than x10 pairs of Habitat Austyns (probably the perfect shoe)
More than x10 pairs of Habitat Expos (another favourite)
x5 pairs of Habitat Garcias (very good)
x10 pairs of Vans Slip on pros (my old faithful now)
and finally now I'm on the NB 212. On about my 5th pair in a row with another 5 waiting.

Can't see myself skating anything else other than the 212. I've come back full circle to court shoes. Before I did this I skated any old shoe. Does anyone else do the ankle roll test with shoes? I don't know how people can just skate any shoe without considering how the sole performs. I've sworn off so many shoes because of this.

I run a shoe until they discontinue it or change something about it. Keep the 212 as it is please @rothdigga. I haven't been stoked on a shoe like this in quite awhile.
Noted.  I don't think we're planning on making any changes to it as it's done super well for us and is almost identical to the same one they've had at NB since 1978 or something.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2020, 10:06:38 AM »
I shed a little tear looking up these colorways and remembering how good the fucking shoe was. @EmericaTM My g get your shit together and add some shoes like these to the lineup. Not everyone likes or is willing to pay for vulc shoes with soles that fade out super fast. (I know the Spanky G6 is a cupsole but is not as "tech").

Right now I'm on a Kalis S streak and I love the shoe and think it's ideal but I hate the fact that the middle lace loops are exposed and once they rip you can't tie your shoe properly. Still might cop another pair since it's the first shoe Ive felt is as good as the Herman G6. @DGKALIS Tell that to the guys at DC, it's pretty much the only defect on this beast of a shoe

« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:31:13 PM by gsosa »

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 47
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2020, 10:10:24 AM »
reebok club c

cant go wrong

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #100 on: September 17, 2020, 11:10:05 AM »
I shed a little tear looking up these colorways and remembering how good the fucking shoe was. @EmericaTM My g get your shit together and add some shoes like these to the lineup. Not everyone likes or is willing to pay for vulc shoes with soles that fade out super fast. (I know the Spanky G6 is a cupsole but is not as "tech").

Really don't want to hijack the thread but there is also the Figgy Dose, Romero Laced, Romero Americana, Alcove CC. Anyways, I agree with you and happy to say that we've got about 5 or 6 new cupsole models dropping over the next year or two.

Growing up I had a lot of Reynolds 2, Reynolds 3, Accels, Rowley XLT, Ellington 1 & 2 and The Tilt.

Edit- Added my list
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 12:14:40 PM by EmericaTM »

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 595
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #101 on: September 17, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »
About 20 pairs of Lakai Manchester's for me. Now I'm hyped that they are back. The XLK outsole holds a long time. At least for me.
IG: @flowterspace

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Really don't want to hijack the thread but there is also the Figgy Dose, Romero Laced, Romero Americana, Alcove CC. Anyways, I agree with you and happy to say that we've got about 5 or 6 new cupsole models dropping over the next year or two.

Growing up I had a lot of Reynolds 2, Reynolds 3, Accels, Rowley XLT, Ellington 1 & 2 and The Tilt.

Edit- Added my list
Yeah and not one of those is in any way similar to the type of shoe Im referring to (Figgy Dose/Alcove CC being the closest but still not close enough). Hopefully there are a few models coming with that type of profile! I really want to skate Emericas again.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:41:37 AM by gsosa »

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2020, 04:42:27 PM »
Recently, I’ve bought a shitload of NB# 306’s
Past, I Deff went very hard on the rowley XLT3 and janoski’s

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #104 on: September 17, 2020, 05:11:43 PM »
Lots of people mentioning Huf Dylans, I forgot I've skated a ton of those too. One of the most inconsistent shoes ever, got them in size 10 every time but each color fit differently, some too loose to skate at all. When snug enough they're great.

Tommy G

• Rep: -14
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2020, 05:48:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Edit- Added my list
[close]
Yeah and not one of those is in any way similar to the type of shoe Im referring to (Figgy Dose being the closest but still not close enough). Hopefully there are a few models coming with that type of profile! I really want to skate Emericas again.

Those Herms were the shit. I miss having more of the old tech yet simple looking shoes like the Reynolds and Hermans because these changed the game when Emerica was doing all those thin shoes for so long.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2020, 06:55:21 PM »
Supra Stacks when they were still TK's color way. Pretty simple shoe, but lasted me months when I was skating heavy.

Supra Vaider lows. A little more cushion. Than the stacks and looked more like going out shoes which I liked.

Old Skool. I get a pair for Christmas every year

Adi Ease and the Busenitz. Just a couple of good ass models.

Emerica Wino G6. Last longer than Vans Eras and look like a ripoff.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2020, 07:20:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Edit- Added my list
[close]
Yeah and not one of those is in any way similar to the type of shoe Im referring to (Figgy Dose being the closest but still not close enough). Hopefully there are a few models coming with that type of profile! I really want to skate Emericas again.
[close]

Those Herms were the shit. I miss having more of the old tech yet simple looking shoes like the Reynolds and Hermans because these changed the game when Emerica was doing all those thin shoes for so long.

I bought two pairs of those Hermans. My experience was that the toe boxes were awkward and floppy and they bagged out quick but the navy w/ gum sole colorway was so goddamn beautiful. Looking at that image of them gives me happy thoughts.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2020, 07:33:34 PM »
Emerica died when they released the Reynolds 3.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2020, 09:24:03 PM »

for me, they died when they discontinued the reynolds 2.

FirstBlood82

• Rep: 115
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2020, 10:03:35 PM »
bought a few reynolds mids

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2020, 10:09:35 PM »

yoooooo..........what's your cat's name?

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2020, 04:50:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

for me, they died when they discontinued the reynolds 2.
Yeah, around that time. The arrival of vulc crap killed the brand. Not buying anything from Emerica ever again until Arto gets hired. (Slap Arto)
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

FirstBlood82

« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2020, 06:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

loppan (flea), had to put her down. rip kittycat  :'(

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2020, 07:20:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Norwegian?

Sorry about your cat, always hard to lose a pet
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Dirty_Dan90

• Rep: -16
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2020, 07:59:40 AM »
damn thats an impressive mountain of Reynolds mids. Howd they skate? Always wanted to try a pair but when they came out i was on a Blazers kick but loved the reynolds low

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2020, 09:32:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Edit- Added my list
[close]
[close]

Those shoes are very attractive

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1092
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2020, 09:40:05 AM »
damn thats an impressive mountain of Reynolds mids. Howd they skate? Always wanted to try a pair but when they came out i was on a Blazers kick but loved the reynolds low

Reynolds mids were the shit. Would do well today.

FirstBlood82

« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2020, 12:08:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Ygduxmxl.jpg[img]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Norwegian?

Sorry about your cat, always hard to lose a pet

swedish, yeah that sucked haaaaard   :'(

best shoes for an old man like me (38), got 10 pairs left. only skated reynolds mids since 2013.

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2020, 01:56:57 PM »
Janoski air max 1. Not so much for flip tricks because they tear super fast, but what an amazing shoe.  Never tried the 2’s but The Nike outlet(since closed) used to have them all the time for $20-$30.  And once a month all shoes were 20% off.  They actually closed the store just before the covid shutdown.  Not that they knew it was coming but it definitely closed in mid January despite being a very popular store.  It was an actual “clearance” store so seeing cars from illinois(6+ hours away) filling up the car with dozens of pairs of Jordan’s was totally common.  Lots of seconds or display shoes but seriously good deals. 
Anyway, yeah, the janoski max 1.  Good shoe.