Author Topic: MU$KA back on Shorty’s?  (Read 4044 times)

Southernmost

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 116
Re: MU$KA back on Shorty’s?
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2020, 08:28:07 PM »
I’m pretty sure Muska thanked Shorty’s when he announced he was doing the dipped silhouette boards. So he probably got the OK from them to release it. I’m pretty sure Tony from Shortys was trying to get him back on to release these boards for years but they couldn’t agree upon a deal before he passed. I’m Glad Muska is finally back though. Would be cool if he could get Steve Olson, Sammy, and Smolik to come around. I don’t see Brandon leaving Sk8Mafia. Also the OG Shortys backpack was great, one of the first with the skateboard holder so you could carry your board hands free. I’ve been searching for one on eBay and Mercari for the last year but they’re kinda pricy and usually beat up or missing zippers.

flintstagram

• Rep: 84
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If I hit the lotto there is a 50 50 chance I'd buy shorty's and put back together the original team just because I prefer to live in the past.
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

I would love to see a new Steve Olson part.
[close]

Who's starting Pugs lotto ticket gofundme?

Expand Quote
I hope they bring back some of those Shorty's backpacks!
[close]

Possibly you meant the Osiris packs, completel with exploding battery pack?
[close]
Or the Shorty's one with a fold out chair attached. Fuck it bring them both back.

I thought dvs made the backpack with a chair. The lazynator. Always wanted one of those, never got one. I did have an old shorty's backpack that I still use fairly regularly.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2020, 09:10:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If I hit the lotto there is a 50 50 chance I'd buy shorty's and put back together the original team just because I prefer to live in the past.
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Or the Shorty's one with a fold out chair attached. Fuck it bring them both back.
[close]

I thought dvs made the backpack with a chair. The lazynator. Always wanted one of those, never got one. I did have an old shorty's backpack that I still use fairly regularly.

I definitely had a 555 Soul backpack chair I sat on beside my xl Osiris boompack on late 90s lot.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2020, 09:17:51 PM »
Torey Pudwill commented on the post saying that he wants back on too. I know he was just joking but that would be so much cooler than Thank You

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2020, 09:48:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I worked for Osiris when they re-released the G-bag.  The G-bag bumped, people would get so shook when I skated around my neighborhood.
Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I definitely had a 555 Soul backpack chair I sat on beside my xl Osiris boompack on late 90s lot.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 01:37:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I recently saw a Shorty's backpack on EBAY for maybe 120$?  Looked like it was in good condition. It had the fold out seat but was just the general backpack, not the Muska version.

I distinctly remember buying the CCS backpack in 99 and pretending it was the Shorty's version. Skating with a backpack fucking sucks. In my mind I was going to be Chad Muska and do lil' ollies while listening to music with Spanish gibberish but ended up being a socially-awkward fat kid who was even more over encumbered with weight from unnecessary gear in my backpack.  Anyone who says they don't have regrets in life is a filthy liar.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2020, 03:01:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Osiris G-Bag
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2020, 05:56:23 AM »
Expand Quote
I just want a silhouette without having to outclick some bots or pay resellers prices
[close]

Muska commenting on the silhouette boards.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2020, 07:08:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Osiris G-Bag

I saw the Osiris G-Bag at a Goodwill one time for $20 a couple of years ago. Looked like it was in great condition. Their credit card machine was down. I didn't have cash. Was too lazy to his the ATM so I passed on it. Still kinda regret not getting it to this day.

MareVitals

• Rep: -39
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2020, 08:32:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

I recently saw a Shorty's backpack on EBAY for maybe 120$?  Looked like it was in good condition. It had the fold out seat but was just the general backpack, not the Muska version.

I distinctly remember buying the CCS backpack in 99 and pretending it was the Shorty's version. Skating with a backpack fucking sucks. In my mind I was going to be Chad Muska and do lil' ollies while listening to music with Spanish gibberish but ended up being a socially-awkward fat kid who was even more over encumbered with weight from unnecessary gear in my backpack.  Anyone who says they don't have regrets in life is a filthy liar.
The Mu$ka was an industry plant to boost backpack sales

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2020, 08:47:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

I had one of these more simpler ones.

I still think it was my favorite backpack I’ve ever owned.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2020, 08:50:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Also had this bag and wish I still did. It was so good.

tityboi

• Rep: 5
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2020, 08:55:19 AM »
always wanted one of these as a kid. i remember finding one focused in two pieces on a rooftop

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2020, 08:56:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hope you win
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Also had this bag and wish I still did. It was so good.
Rocked this with an eS keychain all the way through elementary school - college.
That backpack is still around here somewhere.

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2020, 11:16:10 AM »
always wanted one of these as a kid. i remember finding one focused in two pieces on a rooftop

Yo I straight up posed with a Muska rising sun board for my 3rd grade school pictures. Coolest I've ever been in my life.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2020, 11:48:26 AM »
I just want a silhouette without having to outclick some bots or pay resellers prices

Dunno where you live but I’ve seen them at pharmacy in Hollywood a few times. Honestly might still have some. Im going into buy a few boards later this week if I see em I’ll let you know I’d be glad to grab it and ship to you.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.