Author Topic: Vans Presents: Quasi Skateboards  (Read 3565 times)

thebacker

Re: Vans Presents: Quasi Skateboards
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2020, 05:11:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Love the team, been a 50-50 experience with the boards. Got one acid ply that snapped second session on flat and one acid ply that went strong for a month and half. At least got this gem of a dm
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

quasi dudes got the best customer support team i've had to email, unlike emerica who ghosted me after i hit them up about the green dvd never getting delivered.
i had a homie order an emerica mask, i dont think it ever shipped and he was talking to them a bunch over insta

heckler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2020, 05:23:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is Al Davis still a part of this thing? Love that dudes skating & would love to know he's been filming for a part or something.
[close]

My guess is he's done.
[close]

I think he's been plagued by injuries on top of getting older(pretty sure he's the oldest on the team).
He blew out his knee again. It’s over.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 06:53:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is Al Davis still a part of this thing? Love that dudes skating & would love to know he's been filming for a part or something.
[close]

My guess is he's done.
[close]

I think he's been plagued by injuries on top of getting older(pretty sure he's the oldest on the team).
[close]
He blew out his knee again. It’s over.
:'(

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2020, 08:07:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Love the team, been a 50-50 experience with the boards. Got one acid ply that snapped second session on flat and one acid ply that went strong for a month and half. At least got this gem of a dm
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

quasi dudes got the best customer support team i've had to email, unlike emerica who ghosted me after i hit them up about the green dvd never getting delivered.
[close]
i had a homie order an emerica mask, i dont think it ever shipped and he was talking to them a bunch over insta
Well I emailed quasi and never got a response. It was right when covid was really hitting hard so I can't blame them for not helping to replace my deck cause it broke from my fatness.

themeangreen

• Rep: -75
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2020, 08:14:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Is there still no info on when the new Vans video is out? I know Crockett and Berle have parts, but I thought I read Justin Henry will too? Regardless, that shit needs to drop.
[close]

Justin Henry drops a bomb ass part and then goes pro for Quasi. I'm calling it now!

He's such a stand up dude in life as well, I watched the promo below and kinda teared up.

I haven't really been paying attention to the dude before but after watching this I'm a fan. Seems like a very genuine person and I like his style a lot.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2020, 09:34:39 AM »
i emailed sk8mafia once cause the dimensions of a board on their site was confusing.  they didnt respond back

ha.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2020, 09:44:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Is there still no info on when the new Vans video is out? I know Crockett and Berle have parts, but I thought I read Justin Henry will too? Regardless, that shit needs to drop.
[close]

Justin Henry drops a bomb ass part and then goes pro for Quasi. I'm calling it now!

He's such a stand up dude in life as well, I watched the promo below and kinda teared up.

[close]

I haven't really been paying attention to the dude before but after watching this I'm a fan. Seems like a very genuine person and I like his style a lot.

Man he’s got such a perfect new jack swing stache

slutonparade

• Rep: 26
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2020, 01:33:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]

[close]
[close]
Well I emailed quasi and never got a response. It was right when covid was really hitting hard so I can't blame them for not helping to replace my deck cause it broke from my fatness.

I emailed them in July and they were very quick to respond

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2020, 01:34:23 PM »
I like Quasi, really do. However I can't help but admit I liked it a whole lot better before I saw this video and realised it's not Crockett and JJ's company. Not sure where I got that idea from but I'm a lil bit gutted for it. Wasn't really vibing with that Chad Bowers guy (cool name tho), he seemed to talk a whole lot but didn't actually say anything, hate it when people do that. I guess it's just promo for a shoe but answers like cause things look cool and inside jokes don't really peak my interest all that much. I mean I'm probably expecting too much from a skate brand but I feel like he wanted to come across as some balls to the wall cool guy doing something different when really he just picked up the rest of Alien's pieces after the other dudes split.

At least their shapes, videos and team have been consistent though, gotta give them that. Even if the wood was pretty meh by my standard.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 01:47:17 PM by GuessAgain? »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2020, 01:52:35 PM »
I like Quasi, really do. However I can't help but admit I liked it a whole lot better before I saw this video and realised it's not Crockett and JJ's company. Not sure where I got that idea from but I'm a lil bit gutted for it. Wasn't really vibing with that Chad Bowers guy (cool name tho), he seemed to talk a whole lot but didn't actually say anything, hate it when people do that. I guess it's just promo for a shoe but answers like cause things look cool and inside jokes don't really peak my interest all that much. I mean I'm probably expecting too much from a skate brand but I feel like he wanted to come across as some balls to the wall cool guy doing something different when really he just picked up the rest of Alien's pieces after the other dudes split.

At least their shapes, videos and team have been consistent though, gotta give them that. Even if the wood was pretty meh by my standard.

well Chad was Alien's TM for a good time period before everything crumbled over there. It wasn't just Dill and AVE splitting.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

well Chad was Alien's TM for a good time period before everything crumbled over there. It wasn't just Dill and AVE splitting.

Yeah fair enough, I was a tad harsh saying he just picked up Alien's pieces. I just can't buy into listening to a dude who literally says “I think the formula is simple, I'm gonna put people on and I'm going to pay them. We’re gonna go on trips and skate and film and that’s just the kind of skating that I like. I think that that’s the freest.” If that's best thing you can come out with in a 3 minute promo about your own brand then I'd hate to think what was left on the cutting room floor.

Am I asking for too much by saying I want to hear something interesting about the brand's direction? I dunno, I'm most likely just hitting my mid 20s and not sure what I expect from skate brands anymore haha

Free Whirl

• Rep: 3
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2020, 03:40:45 PM »
Quasi is hands down my favorite team in skateboarding right now but I can't stand their board shape:( Sucks bc their graphics are dope too

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2020, 04:05:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah fair enough, I was a tad harsh saying he just picked up Alien's pieces. I just can't buy into listening to a dude who literally says “I think the formula is simple, I'm gonna put people on and I'm going to pay them. We’re gonna go on trips and skate and film and that’s just the kind of skating that I like. I think that that’s the freest.” If that's best thing you can come out with in a 3 minute promo about your own brand then I'd hate to think what was left on the cutting room floor.

Am I asking for too much by saying I want to hear something interesting about the brand's direction? I dunno, I'm most likely just hitting my mid 20s and not sure what I expect from skate brands anymore haha

it's interesting, i had the exact opposite reaction. i'd kill to be in a position to just make stuff with my friends. to make products/videos/graphics you enjoy exclusively is such a privilege. i really enjoy my job right now, but im constantly having to self police to make sure it's the right tone/brand voice/brand vision. the idea of not doing that rules

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me