Author Topic: Dustin Dollin of Vans team page  (Read 13233 times)

versacekid420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1215
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Dustin Dollin of Vans team page
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2023, 09:12:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Aidan actually stands out and has his own thing/pioneered a new way of skating that most contemporary (trendy) skateboarders try to mimic. He’s no wade desarmeaux but he is very very entertaining.
[close]
I wish you would stand out and do that nollie 360 flip over the hydrant
[close]
seems as if I’m standing out just fine these days. Alone… in a crowd of skaters in an uproar…. Just waiting on that one thing… the hydrant of which is soared over by my nose ollie 360° spin with a flip somewhere in between. Will austyn come correct or will i, vk420, have to come more correct. Not wearing globes.
[close]
That was a great monologue haha. Okay, so what shoes you wearing to do the trick? Vans? Right?
yeah vans thank god. My feet finally feel normal again

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2023, 09:25:35 PM »
Dollin/Spawn should always have a Baker deck.   Vans…I can easily see why they didn’t  renew his contract.   Doesn’t/can’t skate much anymore and doesn’t seem particularly inclined to be trotted out on legends signing sessions like Alva or Hosoi, et al (not a diss on them). 

Is he still based in Paris?

I never knew his Stereo days, but to me he was the most exciting thing to come out of Baker Skateboards.   Amazing flip, so fast and kinetic in his parts.   Definitely an underrated part of Sight Unseen as Heath and Cardiel get most of the shine, but I think his part easily stacks up

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2023, 01:34:18 AM »
TNT can't be far behind Dustin if he's got the boot

Septa Bus

• Rep: -59
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2023, 03:38:12 AM »
seems as if I’m standing out just fine these days. Alone… in a crowd of skaters in an uproar…. Just waiting on that one thing… the hydrant of which is soared over by my nose ollie 360° spin with a flip somewhere in between. Will austyn come correct or will i, vk420, have to come more correct. Not wearing globes.

This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year

Expand Quote
This is shaping up to be Bunt of the Year
[close]
I hope you like home runs fucker

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 726
  • Free Max B
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2023, 04:18:35 AM »
he still own that big Australian distro called pissdrunx? He isn’t going anywhere.He should have started trying to kickflip into the carwash a decade earlier tho, he would have rolled away from one.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2023, 04:34:08 AM »
he still own that big Australian distro called pissdrunx? He isn’t going anywhere.He should have started trying to kickflip into the carwash a decade earlier tho, he would have rolled away from one.

Free max b

PD distribution would be one of, if not the smallest distributor in Australia, but I'm sure selling Baker is not a terrible racket. But they were probably the most supportive and helpful distro in my shop experience, as far as helping with comp prizes and all that jazz.

I know Dustin is not necessarily the greatest person ever, but he is an incredible skateboarder - if you never got to see it in person I'm sad for you. I saw him way too drunk to skate like 3 or 4 times before I actually saw him rip, but it was worth the wait. Obviously he was influential to me, being THE australian when I was a youth, but I really think he's a singular character in skateboarding. Go to some of weird pyscho steep spots he skated - also, his kickflip is iconic and not many people's are.

I remember being super jealous when my little brother got the polka dot Dustin vans way back.

I'm a fan.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 403
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2023, 06:20:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He wasn't that good anyway.
[close]

his later stuff wasn't anything worth remembering, but the era of baker2g, sight unseen, ON video part, and then baker 3 was pretty heavy.

this is that ON Video part a lot of people dont know about but its super super good footage:

[close]
He's made some classic comments over the decades about he and his homies that are so disjointed and poser that it's hard for me to get past.

The damage was very hard to undo culturally. If the piss drunks hadn't have gone away the very few "REAL PUNKS" might not exist in pro skatebloarding today.

He's basically the Australian Bam.

I've always known you were fucking fried but Jesus Christ.

addie pray

• Rep: -527
  • u a whole goofy
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2023, 07:30:14 AM »
dollin recovered from 7 knee surgeries and dude cant even hold down an efficency apt talm bout "real punks"

D10S

• Rep: -54
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2023, 07:45:22 AM »
time to add dollin to the washed up list

Pooh Drunx

• Rep: -62
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2023, 02:14:35 PM »
Dan lu not on there either

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2023, 02:40:01 PM »
Pay him for intro’ing Evan Hernandez in In Bloom.

“He’s the bomb diggity.”

I guess Vans is “hurting,” so maybe they are cleaning up shop a little.

Bryanferry

• Rep: -43
« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2023, 03:50:50 PM »

Haven't seen any dan lu.. toy insta etc in months

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1308
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2023, 05:01:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's skating in the Paris Dime pop-up store edit
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Aerozzmith

• Rep: 5
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2023, 05:32:59 PM »
Skating to Children of Bodom was straight fire.

That part holds up to this day in my opinion.

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2023, 10:14:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I saw his cameo with a smirk but didn’t notice any tricks from him. Did I miss it?

conan777

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2023, 10:48:19 PM »
Dustin was royalty in Australia after his part in 'Play'. My fave Aussie skate video ever

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2023, 03:34:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Along with a few others but I always thought he'd be there for life.

https://www.vans.com/en-us/team?icn=subnav
[close]

I can't imagine he has been adding a ton of value to the brand in any recent history. Like realistically, I find it pretty hard to justify even $30k a year to a LOT of these guys on Vans. like I love Aidan Mackey but is he really even driving that much $ of sales ? hes probably one of the higher paid guys too id think...?

gilbert crocket has a pro shoe and I am seeing it on clearance all over the place. incredible skater, amazing part he put out, I am like so so close to buying his shoe but theres just so many other awesome shoes out there, I am gonna choose GT Blazers @ $55 over Crockets for $67 :(

seems like Vans is putting out A LOT of stock that is just sitting there destined for Winners and Marshalls, that cant be good for business (good for us though)
[close]
People are sleeping on Dollin, I believe he's the first person to KF-Front blunt a rail. He was far from an all will-limited skill guy. He was on tear from Baker 2g to Baker 3, and generally delivered considering all the injuries he got.

Obligatory re-post, I think it was off the recent Jay Strickland TWS interview where he did a straight Nollie on the huge set he FS BS 50s in his ender.

I don't endorse his lifestyle, but damn he ripped so hard in his prime.

Edit: https://youtu.be/WoX3Yy-ou2E?si=YAJXk4am1FXRiFii

3:05
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

RoughStylin

• Rep: 33
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2023, 03:58:38 AM »
Just trawled through Jay Strickland’s @1999cult Instagram account and there are so many gems.

This 99-00 Dustin in Aus edit is incredible. Kickflip back blunt down a decent sized handrail was miles ahead of its time.

https://youtu.be/UUT-3Fg4jfc?si=SiJAKd63sJDGvllg

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2023, 08:11:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I saw his cameo with a smirk but didn’t notice any tricks from him. Did I miss it?
Ollie over the thing to manual off the stage at 2:08ish. That's all I caught scrubbing through a second time. I also only noticed that he was there and did a trick on the first watch, mostly becasue of the off Vans stories here.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

bartlaser

• Rep: 16
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2023, 08:34:08 AM »
Pleasantly surprised to see Austin Kanfoush listed on the team.  Hope he's getting a good check.

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2023, 10:02:50 AM »
Dustin was royalty in Australia after his part in 'Play'. My fave Aussie skate video ever

+1
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2023, 11:35:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Ollie over the thing to manual off the stage at 2:08ish. That's all I caught scrubbing through a second time. I also only noticed that he was there and did a trick on the first watch, mostly becasue of the off Vans stories here.

pretty sure that clip is alexis lacroix?
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2023, 12:21:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

pretty sure that clip is alexis lacroix?
It could be. There's a bail in that section that looked like Dan Lu for sure to me. Also didn't hear any Oh Yeahs or see the Joe Valdez power pose but Alexis makes more sense to be there.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2023, 01:51:54 PM »
Anybody remember this semi-recent vid (I think from within the last few years), that has a bunch of Dollin bails & slams at the end of it? Like maybe interspersed throughout the end credits even?

Been wanting to rewatch it cause there's this one clip in particular where he almost dies, trying to like fs 180 into a hubba or something like that

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2023, 02:32:16 PM »
Anybody remember this semi-recent vid (I think from within the last few years), that has a bunch of Dollin bails & slams at the end of it? Like maybe interspersed throughout the end credits even?

Been wanting to rewatch it cause there's this one clip in particular where he almost dies, trying to like fs 180 into a hubba or something like that

was it the volcom full length from a few years ago where he only has bails? that real life happening or whatever they called it?
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2023, 03:45:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

was it the volcom full length from a few years ago where he only has bails? that real life happening or whatever they called it?
That one or Baker 4 from 2019. He had a lot of slam footage and B roll in that one.
Super Champion Fun Zone

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2023, 04:41:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
That one or Baker 4 from 2019. He had a lot of slam footage and B roll in that one.

The guy has put out a lot of bail footage the last few years, so it's tough to keep track of. I'm not talking about that Volcom vid and I'm pretty certain this wasn't in Baker 4. I actually thought his Baker 4 part was one of the most cohesive in that vid.

From my memory, it was in a smaller vid, in the end credits, and the bail that stuck out the most was him almost taking a huge fall trying to skate a hubba with a big drop off one side like it was a bank. I could be misremembering some of that though.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2023, 05:11:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

The guy has put out a lot of bail footage the last few years, so it's tough to keep track of. I'm not talking about that Volcom vid and I'm pretty certain this wasn't in Baker 4. I actually thought his Baker 4 part was one of the most cohesive in that vid.

From my memory, it was in a smaller vid, in the end credits, and the bail that stuck out the most was him almost taking a huge fall trying to skate a hubba with a big drop off one side like it was a bank. I could be misremembering some of that though.
Maybe one of those earlier Euro Vans Tom's Tales edits? The clip rings a bell so I think I've seen it too

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2023, 08:20:55 PM »
There was a pretty nasty hall of meat knock out vid on thrasher a couple of years ago
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

EdLawndale

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #119 on: October 20, 2023, 12:20:21 AM »
You talking about the shit where he goes to hell and it gets all Cabinet of Dr. Caligari-esque?
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"