Author Topic: Shoe design thread v2  (Read 540 times)

Arto Saari

• Rep: 29
  • hasta la vista.. bear
Shoe design thread v2
« on: September 16, 2020, 12:01:39 PM »
Post your shoe design concepts in here!

Skate or otherwise, all are welcome.

Here's the 'cultivar', a cupsole option designed for last resort. Enjoy!

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -77
Re: Shoe design thread v2
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:28:06 PM »
The color combinations look outstanding

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:36:26 PM »
aerobix, peach fuzz, and mystery house are hot colorways

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 08:11:39 PM »
@Arto Saari  Im curious on what materials youd ideally use. Like is the inside of the shoe a different material than the rest. Like on the pink one is the black canvas or something?

Also looks good I hope this thread gets you a check or internship that leads to bigger things or something.

Arto Saari

• hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 08:42:06 AM »
What's up yall. Thanks for the kind words. I like the colorways a lot too, Aerobix being my personal favorite. Believe it or not, most of the colorways I had sucked until like 15 minutes before I posted these.. I felt I had to come correct for the slap gang so I took one last one last gamble and ended up getting lucky on a few.

@merge Bingo. The colored panels would be a thick,hairy suede (or maybe a synthetic for the vegan crew) and the black part would be canvas or another textile. Its paneled in a way to give you more layers for protection on the lateral side, while omitting them on the medial side to make the shoe more flexible. I was originally referencing the makaha radial a little bit. A late 70's skate shoe made from nylon and suede. I love how nylon feels next to suede and vice versa, but unfortunately its cumbersome and not breathable.. so yeah, probably canvas.

Arto Saari

• hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 08:58:32 AM »
Its Thirsty Thursday, baby

Today we have another shoe from emerica called the 'Glint'. An attempt to take some subtle flavor cues from the late 90s, and make them less late 90's esque (?)

Also if the thread starts f*cking up again lmk and ill try and make the files smaller

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
    • Cigarettes for Cardio
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 09:42:52 AM »
That looks like the spiritual successor to the Herman G6, and I love it.

switchfrontshuv

• Rep: 1
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 10:03:10 AM »
Its Thirsty Thursday, baby

Today we have another shoe from emerica called the 'Glint'. An attempt to take some subtle flavor cues from the late 90s, and make them less late 90's esque (?)

Also if the thread starts f*cking up again lmk and ill try and make the files smaller

brooo keep making these

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2020, 04:44:16 AM »
Idk why the fuck Emerica doesn't hire this guy, fire the whole staff and let Arto in charge so the shoes can finally stop sucking balls

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2020, 07:19:39 AM »
Arto, I think you should point out the different materials on the outsole. Where is it durable rubber, where is it exposed midsole foam? Especially on the Glint. Is that outsole all rubber? Because I think some areas of non-rubber would help flexibility and give you some color contrast options.

Youoverthere

• Rep: 23
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2020, 07:58:31 AM »
Idk why the fuck Emerica doesn't hire this guy, fire the whole staff and let Arto in charge so the shoes can finally stop sucking balls

Arto Saari

• hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 08:06:00 AM »
Thanks for the kind words guys.

And @frothy thank you for the feedback. In this particular instance the sole is all rubber. Some exposed midsole foam areas would definitely make these less clunky, but unfortunately that wasn't a priority for me on this design. I do have some designs with exposed midsoles though, and ill try and make sure that comes through in the drawings

Arto Saari

• hasta la vista.. bear
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
Friday.

Today we have the 'photon'. Techy eS sh*t for those who are into that, but not into the rugby ball shaped reissues without airbags they currently offer.

Everstitch upper with suede (or synthetic) vamp and heel. Synthetic overlays, rubber ollie thing, etc, etc.

dual density misdole (carrier foam housing a proprietary blend), maybe even a little gel pad on the footbed  ::)

Tell it to me straight

Inspired by this

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
    • Cigarettes for Cardio
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
I was definitely thinking that shoe had Creager vibes even before the gif. Well done, again! Not my cup of tea, but that should be anyone buying eS shoes in 2020s.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 193
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2020, 09:33:07 AM »
These are probably my favorite Arto shoe and colorway. Reposting for good measure.

jerrygurneyscream

• Rep: -11
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2020, 09:36:45 AM »
I really hope last resort buys that design wow
It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.

Wonderful Whizzplank

• Rep: 7
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2020, 09:45:52 AM »
Friday.

Today we have the 'photon'. Techy eS sh*t for those who are into that, but not into the rugby ball shaped reissues without airbags they currently offer.

Everstitch upper with suede (or synthetic) vamp and heel. Synthetic overlays, rubber ollie thing, etc, etc.

dual density misdole (carrier foam housing a proprietary blend), maybe even a little gel pad on the footbed  ::)

Tell it to me straight

Inspired by this

I'm into this, and I don't remember the "golden era" so you're doing something right. The contrast stitching near the heel is a bit much for my taste, but overall I adore the concept. Taking inspiration from your own pro models is a bit cheap tho...  ::)
Total newbie

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 28
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2020, 09:49:39 AM »
Damn, I wish I was as talented as you Arto! I'd absolutely rock any and all of your designs/colorways.
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Sila

• Rep: 32
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2020, 07:53:51 PM »
Damn. Someone give this man a job. I would willingly empty my pockets for a lot of these.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2020, 02:09:14 AM »

Inspired by this

Id kill for those Creagers.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -77