Author Topic: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol  (Read 4963 times)

Gab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol
« on: September 17, 2020, 08:10:16 AM »

Thoughts?
Sorry, don’t know how to embed as I am a newb.

hank

• Rep: -33
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 08:13:09 AM »
THIS IS BAD NOW EVERYBODY AGREE WITH ME

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:14:12 AM »
For skateboarding?

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 08:16:52 AM »
BUILD THE VERT WALL! BUILD THE VERT WALL!

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 08:25:51 AM »
oh god

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2020, 09:00:57 AM »
What did you expect when the US Customs and Border Patrol asked a bunch of skaters to build them Jersey Barriers?”

To say fuck off?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Mongoloid

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 09:14:36 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this..

Fuck border patrol in their cunting asses, but they were gonna erect barriers regardless of whether or not these particular builders built them. I guess I’d rather have said barriers be skateable than not given the option.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2020, 09:16:45 AM »
now they can separate families and sterilize women in style  8)

euro tm

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2020, 09:25:36 AM »

Fuck border patrol in their cunting asses, but they were gonna erect barriers regardless of whether or not these particular builders built them. I guess I’d rather have said barriers be skateable than not given the option.

someone as evil as border patrol won’t let these skateable barriers be skated. i really can’t believe they’re bragging about this shit online. fuck everyone involved in this.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2020, 09:28:09 AM »
wack
:) I must have been tripping last night

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:34 AM »
What a bunch of Jabroni’s.

Mongoloid

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

someone as evil as border patrol won’t let these skateable barriers be skated. i really can’t believe they’re bragging about this shit online. fuck everyone involved in this.

Oh for sure they won’t let anyone, but I was more or less thinking maybe the idea was to build them with the intention being they’d eventually get destroyed by being skateable?

I’m probably thinking too deeply on it.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »
cute now get those kids out those cages

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2020, 09:53:39 AM »
Would be nice if there were more context for this.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2020, 09:54:40 AM »
It's amazing that the Skate DIY account has gone out of their way multiple times to bitch and preach about Nike, Adidas, Cons, etc, but finds nothing wrong with this.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 09:55:15 AM »
Hell yeah dude I can't think of anything more punk, more hesh, more hardcore hellride DIY than *checks notes* helping the feds?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 09:56:38 AM »
Hell yeah dude I can't think of anything more punk, more hesh, more hardcore hellride DIY than *checks notes* helping the feds?
its crazy and sad how many of those people think that way

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 09:58:42 AM »
his (whos?) explanation;

Quote from: collectiveconcretepnw
collectiveconcretepnw
@pedro_llywelyn I’m happy to sit down and have a conversation with anybody about why we took this job. My thought was fuck these guys we are going to make it skateable. I did dive into the ethics of this. And my conclusion was if I didn’t make it rad some other nutsack would actually do something stupid. This was my big Fuck You to ICE and the US Customs. Myself and my family have dealt we these guys, have yours?
---
collectiveconcretepnw
@pedro_llywelyn absolutely. I understand the how this is riding a fine line of what people think. At the end of the day it was my decision even though I knew there was going to be some push back. It’s all good. Happy to have you swing by the shop and have a beer and check out our set up. We’d be stoked for you to come by
3mReply

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 10:02:13 AM »
This is a weird ass story- how did they get the contract for this anyway?

diogenesofkokomo

• Rep: 21
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 10:03:29 AM »
his (whos?) explaination;
Expand Quote
collectiveconcretepnw
@pedro_llywelyn I’m happy to sit down and have a conversation with anybody about why we took this job. My thought was fuck these guys we are going to make it skateable. I did dive into the ethics of this. And my conclusion was if I didn’t make it rad some other nutsack would actually do something stupid. This was my big Fuck You to ICE and the US Customs. Myself and my family have dealt we these guys, have yours?
---
collectiveconcretepnw
@pedro_llywelyn absolutely. I understand the how this is riding a fine line of what people think. At the end of the day it was my decision even though I knew there was going to be some push back. It’s all good. Happy to have you swing by the shop and have a beer and check out our set up. We’d be stoked for you to come by
3mReply
[close]

How slightly modifying the design of a jersey barrier to look more like a ramp is a "fuck you" to ICE, border patrol, or customs is kinda beyond me. Skateboardings not dead it just deserves to die.

Mongoloid

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »
Would be nice if there were more context for this.

This is kinda where I was going.

Fuck Border Patrol and ICE though.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 10:25:16 AM »
Expand Quote
his (whos?) explaination;
Expand Quote
collectiveconcretepnw
---
collectiveconcretepnw
3mReply
[close]
[close]

How slightly modifying the design of a jersey barrier to look more like a ramp is a "fuck you" to ICE, border patrol, or customs is kinda beyond me. Skateboardings not dead it just deserves to die.

wouldve given off a stronger message

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 10:32:45 AM »
It's WILD to me they thought this was going to go over well

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Frank and Fred

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
I'm Pedro_Llwelyn on insta exchanging messages with him.

I think everyone is right to question this situation. The explanation is, this is an F U to ICE and the dude has had family who were messed with by ICE. Whether that's acceptable ethically, is up to the individual at this point. I know he is a good dude who does good work and I do think this discussion was worth having. If those barriers get skated then some good will come out of it.

But as an immigrant (albeit from a very privileged country) I am heartened that  people are concerned about the welfare of people in detention and immigration reform.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 10:51:02 AM »
I dove into the ethics a little, and like, If I don't go on that child sex tour in Cambodia, someone else will.

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 10:56:38 AM »
Can’t believe the amount of slap posters that hate immigrants

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 11:01:51 AM »
Put Dr. Mahendra Amin in a cage for a little while and revoke his medical license.

EDIT: It didn't work out but I get what these guys were trying to do.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 57
  • energy vampire
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »
But will Danny “Bricks” Way air over the fence from it?

Mongoloid

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 11:15:16 AM »
Can’t believe the amount of slap posters that hate immigrants

Where are you getting that idea from? This thread is nothing but rightly bashing border patrol.

I don’t think America can claim any sort of moral superiority over other countries treatment of immigrants, while outside our very own backdoor we’re running de facto concentration camps.

I hate this country so much.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1108
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 11:16:22 AM »
It's amazing that the Skate DIY account has gone out of their way multiple times to bitch and preach about Nike, Adidas, Cons, etc, but finds nothing wrong with this.

The "all core lives matter" crowd are the Trumpers of the skate world. Openly hostile to diverse skaters (name a single woman on any small shoe brand), extremely opposed to supporting anything beyond their very small selection of "core" companies, and usually old crusty white men who get off on making arbitrary rules and physically gatekeep at skate spots. I'm not saying fuck the DIY scene at all, there are a lot of great people doing great work out there. I just find it ironic that these hesher PNW fucks somehow see themselves as saviors of skateboarding when in fact they act more like cops and colonizers than anything else.

And now this clown mother fucker actually took a contract from ICE to "stick it to the man" in some incredible display of mental gymnastics. Does he honestly expect skaters to roll up to this ICE facility and skate there? I'd rather skate at a spot with a 1000 pebbles on the ground then be caught taking any pleasure in skating outside a place that cages children and forcibly removes uterus' from women - not to mention the long list of crimes they perpetrate on vulnerable people. Like, imagine cashing a paycheck from ICE and feeling like you did something rebellious and tongue in cheek. The only people I can see taking any pleasure in skating these barriers are chuds which apparently skateboarding is full of now.

In conclusion, get fucked.