Author Topic: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol  (Read 4962 times)

winecrab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2020, 11:20:53 AM »
Did they delete the account? It says user not found.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2020, 11:32:42 AM »
another case for me to fully disassociate with anybody that builds skateparks

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2020, 11:34:04 AM »
I don't see a problem. It's like working fast food and taking a cops order. You can refuse service and have them spend their money elsewhere, or you can take their order and rub your asshole and smeggers on their food while still accepting their cash.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2020, 11:37:26 AM »
I dove into the ethics a little, and like, If I don't go on that child sex tour in Cambodia, someone else will.
Bold yet strong point.  On a serious note everyone fucking kids should stop.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
Border Patrol can eat a hot penis burrito; fuck those goons in their mouth hole!
...Buuut, if they really wanted to build a wall to discourage people, they prolly should’ve made it over-vert.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 11:58:02 AM by Lou Strux »

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1097
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 11:50:21 AM »
Truly and utterly embarrassing and shameful for all involved. And the only thing stupider than thinking this is cool is thinking that you're going to get to the door of this federal detention facility and skate the barriers without some white supremacist Atomwaffen dickhead pointing a loaded gun at you
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

artskool

• Rep: 31
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2020, 11:56:46 AM »
This is about as subversive as Hugo Boss making uniforms for Nazis.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2020, 12:05:48 PM »
I don't see a problem. It's like working fast food and taking a cops order. You can refuse service and have them spend their money elsewhere, or you can take their order and rub your asshole and smeggers on their food while still accepting their cash.

At the end of the day, you didn't really do anything though. The cop still ate their order and in the case that they actually sensed that anything was off they would bash a baton through your skull. You still took their money thus sustaining yourself for your own personal gain and the gain of your workplace. The only thing that actually changed was your smug, petty, childish mentality was quenched. Nothing of anything was actually changed.

You know what would have been really rad to stick it to ICE would to support underprivileged immigrant kids from areas like Central California and build them DIY parks instead of cashing a paycheck from unethical policing agencies. Just a thought. 

Mesteezo

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »

At the end of the day, you didn't really do anything though.

Exactly.

whaaaaat

• Rep: 46
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2020, 12:11:26 PM »
Cancel Them!!!

Geeze, if you read the guys response you'll see that he's literally from Mexico and has thought this through in his own way. 
He came to a different conclusion than you, but for the same reasons.  It seems pretty clear to me he's on the same side re ICE/Immigration/Trump as all the warriors on here.  Are you using your energy to affect change at the real problem, or are you just using this stupid opportunity to virtue signal some more? 

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2020, 12:12:04 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this..

Fuck border patrol in their cunting asses, but they were gonna erect barriers regardless of whether or not these particular builders built them. I guess I’d rather have said barriers be skateable than not given the option.

This is my thoughts exactly. Fuck border patrol and ICE but they was gonna pay someone to do this. At least they paid some guys that made it skate-able. 

gonzSOI

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2020, 12:15:50 PM »
BUILD THE VERT WALL! BUILD THE VERT WALL!

that would be dope

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2020, 12:37:25 PM »
Cancel Them!!!

Geeze, if you read the guys response you'll see that he's literally from Mexico and has thought this through in his own way. 
He came to a different conclusion than you, but for the same reasons.  It seems pretty clear to me he's on the same side re ICE/Immigration/Trump as all the warriors on here.  Are you using your energy to affect change at the real problem, or are you just using this stupid opportunity to virtue signal some more?

Excuse my ad hominem but I'm guessing you are an old white guy from the PNW who likes to listen to Joe Rogan podcasts while doing shitty front rocks on 4ft concrete transition. You probably caught feelings because someone from your scene got called out. If him being Mexican gives him the right to deflect criticism for cashing a check from ICE then me being Mexican gives me the right to tell him he is a traitor to my people and he can go fuck himself.   

Hombreezy

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2020, 12:42:20 PM »
I worked at a Jimmy Johns for awhile in highschool and whenever a cop would come in and order the “ultimate porker” it was hard to keep a straight face

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote
I have mixed feelings about this..

Fuck border patrol in their cunting asses, but they were gonna erect barriers regardless of whether or not these particular builders built them. I guess I’d rather have said barriers be skateable than not given the option.
[close]

This is my thoughts exactly. Fuck border patrol and ICE but they was gonna pay someone to do this. At least they paid some guys that made it skate-able.

whaaaaat

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2020, 01:16:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Cancel Them!!!

[close]

Excuse my ad hominem but I'm guessing you are an old white guy from the PNW who likes to listen to Joe Rogan podcasts while doing shitty front rocks on 4ft concrete transition. You probably caught feelings because someone from your scene got called out. If him being Mexican gives him the right to deflect criticism for cashing a check from ICE then me being Mexican gives me the right to tell him he is a traitor to my people and he can go fuck himself.

Why do you say "excuse my...." and then go on and do it anyway?  The reason an ad hominem needs to be 'excused' is because it's a lazy and totally pointless debate 'technique'.  And I'm only 2/6ths of the person you've imagined me to be. 
I realize that virtue signal is a 'charged' (to use another one) word these days but it still actually means something and I do think it applies in this case.  Are you on here getting upset about real problems related to immigration?  What are you doing about it?

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2020, 01:28:07 PM »
“They took our jobs”.   “Back to the pile”

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cancel Them!!!

[close]

[close]

Why do you say "excuse my...." and then go on and do it anyway?  The reason an ad hominem needs to be 'excused' is because it's a lazy and totally pointless debate 'technique'.  And I'm only 2/6ths of the person you've imagined me to be. 
I realize that virtue signal is a 'charged' (to use another one) word these days but it still actually means something and I do think it applies in this case.  Are you on here getting upset about real problems related to immigration?  What are you doing about it?
Why would he get on a skateboard message board to get upset about things that aren't related to skateboarding? And why do people like you always assume that people can only be mad or upset about one thing at a time?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2020, 01:41:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cancel Them!!!

[close]

[close]

I am upset that someone from the skate community chose to cash a check from a police organization that terrorizes my community, yes. What have I done about it? Well for one I recently donated to an immigrant activist campaign in Greenland, CA that donated masks and backpacks filled with educational tools for the youth of immigrant farmland workers. I do that regularly, IG:flowerinspanish is a great resource. Outside of signing petitions, donating to activist campaigns, and protesting in person (admittedly its been a while), is there anything else I should be doing to appease your white neoliberal centrist sensibilities? Will building a cinderblock ledge at the ol' local ICE facility make you feel better? Please do let me know oh wise caucasian overlord.

Mesteezo

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2020, 01:48:31 PM »

I am upset that someone from the skate community chose to cash a check from a police organization that terrorizes my community, yes.

Did you accept, and cash, the stimulus check from our oh so wonderful federal government??

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2020, 01:55:32 PM »
Expand Quote

I am upset that someone from the skate community chose to cash a check from a police organization that terrorizes my community, yes.
[close]

Did you accept, and cash, the stimulus check from our oh so wonderful federal government??

Yep, and the first thing I bought was an electronic dildo with self thrusting capabilities. If you're interested I can send you the product link so you too can go fuck yourself.

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2020, 01:57:29 PM »
They have the right to run their business how they want to, but trying to pitch this as some kind of "fuck you" to The Man is some corny bullshit. Just say you needed the money and compromised your integrity to keep the lights on and move on.

whaaaaat

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2020, 02:00:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Cancel Them!!!

[close]

[close]

[close]

I am upset that someone from the skate community chose to cash a check from a police organization that terrorizes my community, yes. What have I done about it? Well for one I recently donated to an immigrant activist campaign in Greenland, CA that donated masks and backpacks filled with educational tools for the youth of immigrant farmland workers. I do that regularly, IG:flowerinspanish is a great resource. Outside of signing petitions, donating to activist campaigns, and protesting in person (admittedly its been a while), is there anything else I should be doing to appease your white neoliberal centrist sensibilities? Will building a cinderblock ledge at the ol' local ICE facility make you feel better? Please do let me know oh wise caucasian overlord.

I guess I'm not sure who you're arguing with?  You seem to have a vision of me and what I'm about in your head and you're arguing with that person, whether that image is reflected by what I am saying here or not.  So that makes this pretty pointless

sayjackson

• Rep: 1
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yep, and the first thing I bought was an electronic dildo with self thrusting capabilities. If you're interested I can send you the product link so you too can go fuck yourself.

Mesteezo

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2020, 02:14:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Hey man, whatever helps you get over being a hypocrite.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2020, 02:26:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

this is legit one of the best slam dunks i've ever seen

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »
also, jesus CHRIST. you think a stimulus check is the same as working for ICE? come on man.

this is like that key and peele skit where to rob the bank, they just get jobs.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Mesteezo

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2020, 02:32:29 PM »
also, jesus CHRIST. you think a stimulus check is the same as working for ICE? come on man.

this is like that key and peele skit where to rob the bank, they just get jobs.

You think building some 3 feet tall jersey barriers is the same as working for ICE? The tone would be completely changed if they were building detention centers or even the wall itself.

rupertspupkin

• Rep: 11
« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2020, 02:54:14 PM »
Scroll down their page and...

Oh, the irony.

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 457
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2020, 03:59:28 PM »
How fucking embarrassing