Author Topic: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol  (Read 4958 times)

TheDingus

Re: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2020, 05:15:41 PM »
Wack. If they really wanted to stick it to them, they should have built them to crumble if a strong wind blew. Nobody is going to get to skate that shit and these dudes suck for taking money from taxpayers to help these modern nazis.

rapscallion

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2020, 05:21:51 PM »
Did they delete the account? It says user not found.
Nope, they must have blocked you or something.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »
Expand Quote
It's amazing that the Skate DIY account has gone out of their way multiple times to bitch and preach about Nike, Adidas, Cons, etc, but finds nothing wrong with this.
[close]

The "all core lives matter" crowd are the Trumpers of the skate world. Openly hostile to diverse skaters (name a single woman on any small shoe brand), extremely opposed to supporting anything beyond their very small selection of "core" companies, and usually old crusty white men who get off on making arbitrary rules and physically gatekeep at skate spots. I'm not saying fuck the DIY scene at all, there are a lot of great people doing great work out there. I just find it ironic that these hesher PNW fucks somehow see themselves as saviors of skateboarding when in fact they act more like cops and colonizers than anything else.

And now this clown mother fucker actually took a contract from ICE to "stick it to the man" in some incredible display of mental gymnastics. Does he honestly expect skaters to roll up to this ICE facility and skate there? I'd rather skate at a spot with a 1000 pebbles on the ground then be caught taking any pleasure in skating outside a place that cages children and forcibly removes uterus' from women - not to mention the long list of crimes they perpetrate on vulnerable people. Like, imagine cashing a paycheck from ICE and feeling like you did something rebellious and tongue in cheek. The only people I can see taking any pleasure in skating these barriers are chuds which apparently skateboarding is full of now.

In conclusion, get fucked.

show me where they hurt you on the doll

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2020, 05:46:33 PM »
I hope ice lets me skate, I like ice

loosenuts

• Rep: -9
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2020, 05:46:48 PM »
this is no different than pros getting checks from a slave labor fueled corporation, fuck ice

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2020, 05:50:52 PM »
so ICE decided to have some barriers constructed, and the contractors tried to piss them off/waste their time by building quarterpipes that they will have to tear down, and this is a bad thing somehow?? i truly don't get it
🤙

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2020, 06:10:58 PM »
so ICE decided to have some barriers constructed, and the contractors tried to piss them off/waste their time by building quarterpipes that they will have to tear down, and this is a bad thing somehow?? i truly don't get it

no. ICE paid them to make jersey barriers, and to "stick it to them" they made them a jersey barrier that's totally skateable (if you bondo the last quarter of it, just like every other jersey barrier).

they totally owned them

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2020, 06:12:02 PM »

Few things here -
1. the federal government only goes for the lowest bidder which means that aren't paying their workers a living wage.
2. They (ICE) isn't going to tear them down, if they objected to the planning and design they wouldn't have gotten to pour the concrete.
3. This means this wasn't their first government contract or at least wasn't their first attempt at a government contract. The government finds private contractors through a website that is specially designed for and given access to contractors that specifically wish to work with the government.
4. The contractors took a job from an entity that is knowingly torturing humans and destroying families, then when they got called on their shit they tried to backslide and say they were doing it to stick it to the man.

Sources - https://beta.sam.gov/search?index=opp&notice_type=r,p,k&page=1&is_active=true
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

authentic_creed_bratton

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2020, 06:13:35 PM »
who would you have preferred get a paycheck for pouring concrete that day, in a spot that would have 100% been poured that day

(i think ice is horrible and should be abolished btw)
🤙

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2020, 06:23:24 PM »
Nothing says sticking it to the man like taking a government contract and getting that sweet cash money!!!!

In all honesty I guess covid hit this guy pretty tough if he's taking up gov jobs. Now do what you gotta do, we all have to survive. But you really want people, skaters non the less, to believe this is your "big fuck you to ICE" lmao, get real buddy.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

authentic_creed_bratton

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2020, 06:33:30 PM »
are there a lot of skateparks being built right now? if there are, which i doubt, should these dudes be asking who is donating the funds, and if they work for ICE, or defense contractors, or some other piece of shit organization? should these dudes be on unemployment like the rest of the country instead of pouring concrete?
🤙

rupertspupkin

• Rep: 11
« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2020, 06:39:52 PM »
who would you have preferred get a paycheck for pouring concrete that day, in a spot that would have 100% been poured that day

(i think ice is horrible and should be abolished btw)
The issue is their blatant hypocrisy. They claim to be in support of police reform and then took a job from...

...the police.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »
are there a lot of skateparks being built right now? if there are, which i doubt, should these dudes be asking who is donating the funds, and if they work for ICE, or defense contractors, or some other piece of shit organization? should these dudes be on unemployment like the rest of the country instead of pouring concrete?

I completely understand your point. Personally, I think if they would have just said something a long the lines of, "look y'all it's hard times, money is tight, and we have to get as much work as possible to keep the lights on" everyone would have been more receptive.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2020, 06:46:46 PM »
this shit is trash and they’re reporting my comments as abuse lmao. you ain’t DIY if you fuck with the government. you ain’t DIY if you support borders. fuck these losers.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1472
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2020, 06:47:21 PM »
The funniest part is the probable reason they got the government contract is because they were the lowest bidder. So it isn't like they made out with a score. They got used by one of the most despicable arms of the federal government. Don't try to dress it up as anything else.

authentic_creed_bratton

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2020, 06:49:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I completely understand your point. Personally, I think if they would have just said something a long the lines of, "look y'all it's hard times, money is tight, and we have to get as much work as possible to keep the lights on" everyone would have been more receptive.

and i can completely understand that opinion and i probably agree with you
🤙

Mongoloid

« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2020, 06:49:26 PM »
#boardersnotborders ?

authentic_creed_bratton

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2020, 06:51:05 PM »
The funniest part is the probable reason they got the government contract is because they were the lowest bidder. So it isn't like they made out with a score. They got used by one of the most despicable arms of the federal government. Don't try to dress it up as anything else.

dude probably has a house payment, yeah that is pretty funny haha
🤙

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1472
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2020, 07:04:10 PM »
I mean, he could make more money working inside the facility if he's okay with building shit outside of it. But, I guess DIY skate can't prop that up as something post worthy.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2020, 07:08:17 PM »
I mean, he could make more money working inside the facility if he's okay with building shit outside of it. But, I guess DIY skate can't prop that up as something post worthy.

"Don't worry we're DIY - Destroying Imprisoned Youth"

doublesteveburger

« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2020, 07:23:07 PM »
fuck ice and fuck border patrol

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Few things here -
1. the federal government only goes for the lowest bidder which means that aren't paying their workers a living wage.
2. They (ICE) isn't going to tear them down, if they objected to the planning and design they wouldn't have gotten to pour the concrete.
3. This means this wasn't their first government contract or at least wasn't their first attempt at a government contract. The government finds private contractors through a website that is specially designed for and given access to contractors that specifically wish to work with the government.
4. The contractors took a job from an entity that is knowingly torturing humans and destroying families, then when they got called on their shit they tried to backslide and say they were doing it to stick it to the man.

Sources - https://beta.sam.gov/search?index=opp&notice_type=r,p,k&page=1&is_active=true
I only disagree with point 1 on your list.  The lowest bid doesn’t always get the job and if said job is new construction or hits a bid of over certain amount the contractor accepting the bid is required to pay his employees cpw ( certified prevailing wage) which is different state to state and city to city.  The employer has to provide the hourly rate to his employees and prove that he has paid it.  If he doesn’t inform them or does not pay his employees said amount he is no longer able to bid on federal jobs and faces serious fines.  Cpw for what I do ranges from 48 to 76 per hour with time and a half after 8 hours per day and double time on sundays.  I love me some cpw but have no love for ICE

bucketoftruth

• Rep: 12
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2020, 09:36:53 PM »
that shit is an ICE trap good luck brothers and sisters.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2020, 07:29:41 AM »
He also could have just like, not fucking posted this and no one would have ever known. instead he tried to be edgy and cool and it backfired on him

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2020, 07:48:07 AM »
his (whos?) explanation;

Quote from: collectiveconcretepnw
Expand Quote
collectiveconcretepnw
@pedro_llywelyn I’m happy to sit down and have a conversation with anybody about why we took this job. My thought was fuck these guys we are going to make it skateable. I did dive into the ethics of this. And my conclusion was if I didn’t make it rad some other nutsack would actually do something stupid. This was my big Fuck You to ICE and the US Customs. Myself and my family have dealt we these guys, have yours?
---
collectiveconcretepnw
@pedro_llywelyn absolutely. I understand the how this is riding a fine line of what people think. At the end of the day it was my decision even though I knew there was going to be some push back. It’s all good. Happy to have you swing by the shop and have a beer and check out our set up. We’d be stoked for you to come by
3mReply
[close]

Someone should tell this bozo that jersey barriers are ALREADY skateable.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2560
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2020, 08:39:55 AM »

Also, what are the odds of that spot not being an instant bust?
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1231
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2020, 08:44:28 AM »

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2020, 09:26:03 AM »
I think it's time we acknowledge the fact that these Hellride dudes are dumb as fuck and probably shouldn't support their dumb-as-fuckery.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2020, 09:31:51 AM »
damn remember when volkswagen stuck it to the nazi party by using slave labor to build machinery for them??? bro they were just cashing a check and haha bro those tanks weren’t really all that good!

hiter = pwn’d!

ogcoors

• Rep: -69
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2020, 09:32:02 AM »

Thoughts?
Sorry, don’t know how to embed as I am a newb.

All these people are flipping out. Just because you disagree with a company when you are a contractor doesn't mean you should not take revenue in when you can. I am sure backyard diy's solely pay the bills for these guys. I hate ICE, wah wah. I'd say skate the shit then when it's raining be an activist towards organizations you disagree dont combine the two. . . .