Author Topic: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol  (Read 4957 times)

ogcoors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -69
Re: Skaters building barriers for Border Patrol
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2020, 09:33:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It's amazing that the Skate DIY account has gone out of their way multiple times to bitch and preach about Nike, Adidas, Cons, etc, but finds nothing wrong with this.
[close]

The "all core lives matter" crowd are the Trumpers of the skate world. Openly hostile to diverse skaters (name a single woman on any small shoe brand), extremely opposed to supporting anything beyond their very small selection of "core" companies, and usually old crusty white men who get off on making arbitrary rules and physically gatekeep at skate spots. I'm not saying fuck the DIY scene at all, there are a lot of great people doing great work out there. I just find it ironic that these hesher PNW fucks somehow see themselves as saviors of skateboarding when in fact they act more like cops and colonizers than anything else.

And now this clown mother fucker actually took a contract from ICE to "stick it to the man" in some incredible display of mental gymnastics. Does he honestly expect skaters to roll up to this ICE facility and skate there? I'd rather skate at a spot with a 1000 pebbles on the ground then be caught taking any pleasure in skating outside a place that cages children and forcibly removes uterus' from women - not to mention the long list of crimes they perpetrate on vulnerable people. Like, imagine cashing a paycheck from ICE and feeling like you did something rebellious and tongue in cheek. The only people I can see taking any pleasure in skating these barriers are chuds which apparently skateboarding is full of now.

In conclusion, get fucked.
[close]

show me where they hurt you on the doll

Sounds like that doll got dipped in fingertips.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2020, 09:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
I mean, he could make more money working inside the facility if he's okay with building shit outside of it. But, I guess DIY skate can't prop that up as something post worthy.
[close]

Also, what are the odds of that spot not being an instant bust?
This is entrapment for any POC with a skateboard. Kids with skateboards won't catch a regular trespassing charge. It will be detainment and destruction of federal property or worse.

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 462
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »
The real bummer is that, regardless of how one feels about this, these barriers will be rendered unskatable (at taxpayer's expense) soon enough. Publicly bragging about how subversive this is only expedites it being 'corrected'.

In a more abstract view, are there any other cases of the creation of hostile architecture (which is often made to prevent skating) which his hostile to others groups but helpful to skateboarding?

Also, just to be clear: fuck ICE, fuck Republicans, fuck Trump, fuck the police.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I mean, he could make more money working inside the facility if he's okay with building shit outside of it. But, I guess DIY skate can't prop that up as something post worthy.
[close]

[close]
This is entrapment for any POC with a skateboard. Kids with skateboards won't catch a regular trespassing charge. It will be detainment and destruction of federal property or worse.

My feelings precisely.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2020, 11:04:04 AM »
He also could have just like, not fucking posted this and no one would have ever known. instead he tried to be edgy and cool and it backfired on him

someone else mentioned people complaining about this as being virtue signalling when the real virtue signalling was these dumbasses trying to appeal to the woke crowd by playing it as some subversive thing when its obviously not. they could have done the job and carried on but no they had to be dumb ass attention whores about it

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2020, 12:06:24 PM »
For what it's worth, interesting take from those dudes.  Check their caption.

skunty

• Rep: 73
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2020, 12:15:07 PM »

another bad post he sounds like hes more pissed at the people in his DMs than he is at ICE and has had zero introspection since the whole thing blew up. its cool if they are using ICE money for a DIY in Mexico but sus that now he says it while defending himself from criticism instead of before. He acts like he didnt say something out of humility yet that same logic doesnt apply to the original post about building the barriers? whatever, no one hates the guy he'd just be better shutting up about it

michael scarn

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2020, 12:19:19 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this..

Fuck border patrol in their cunting asses, but they were gonna erect barriers regardless of whether or not these particular builders built them. I guess I’d rather have said barriers be skateable than not given the option.

It's the "thank you for your service" that makes me angry.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 40
« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2020, 12:37:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

another bad post he sounds like hes more pissed at the people in his DMs than he is at ICE and has had zero introspection since the whole thing blew up. its cool if they are using ICE money for a DIY in Mexico but sus that now he says it while defending himself from criticism instead of before. He acts like he didnt say something out of humility yet that same logic doesnt apply to the original post about building the barriers? whatever, no one hates the guy he'd just be better shutting up about it

I see that.  But I got the feeling he wasn't asking SkateDIY to blast that out, and they certainly didn't put any context into it with their post. 

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2020, 12:46:59 PM »
All I see is a bunch of white people attempting to bully a Mexican-American business owner for getting his bread.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2020, 12:57:44 PM »
Um, I'm not white.

TheDingus

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2020, 01:01:44 PM »
All I see is a bunch of white people attempting to bully a Mexican-American business owner for getting his bread.

So you don’t see some dudes taking taxpayer money to build something to help protect ICE and masking it as some “we stuck it to them” type of bullshit?

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2563
« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »
1. He probably didn't get a lot of bread for making 7 tiny quarterpipes, so it's not like declining this job would have destroyed his business.
2. He's now claiming that all profits are going to someone else, so he's not making bread at all.
3. Defending bootlickers is gross.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2020, 01:21:23 PM »
1. He probably didn't get a lot of bread for making 7 tiny quarterpipes, so it's not like declining this job would have destroyed his business.
2. He's now claiming that all profits are going to someone else, so he's not making bread at all.
3. Defending bootlickers is gross.

4. He actively pursued this contract, ICE didn't knock on his door. They knocked on ICEs door.
5. They are making an unskateable spot, that could potentially be the last skatable thing someone sees, which is a bummer.
6. "Thank you for your service"
7. Bragging that his inbox is now "blowing up with bid requests" means he's probably going to start making skate stoppers or making bump to bars at a fucking prison.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2020, 01:24:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
yeah i was thinking who this is skateable for....the feds? sounds a good way for my black ass to end up "missing" if they dont outright kill me
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2020, 02:42:15 PM »
I have mixed feelings about this..

Fuck border patrol in their cunting asses, but they were gonna erect barriers regardless of whether or not these particular builders built them. I guess I’d rather have said barriers be skateable than not given the option.

Yo you can say no and not have that black mark on your soul. It's called moral fiber my dude. Unless you're trying to get your hate points up.
[Applause]

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2020, 04:09:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

I am upset that someone from the skate community chose to cash a check from a police organization that terrorizes my community, yes.
[close]

Did you accept, and cash, the stimulus check from our oh so wonderful federal government??
[close]

Yep, and the first thing I bought was an electronic dildo with self thrusting capabilities. If you're interested I can send you the product link so you too can go fuck yourself.
[close]

this is legit one of the best slam dunks i've ever seen

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2020, 05:21:22 PM »
Dudes a contractor, right and he’s got a gang, right

Cunt probably needs the work to keep his boys going which feeds their families. And he probably likes to see his own kids eat too

For a small business at the best of times it’s a mad juggling act to keep everyone going and maintain a pipeline of new jobs to go on to

He literally said on the internet it was a fuck you to them. I don’t think he cares if he gets any more work off em. I feel like you cunts hating on this are suggesting it would have been better they all sat down no pay until another job came up smh

I’m not certain but it is entirely possible this man doesn’t live with his parents
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2020, 05:26:30 PM »

Cunt probably needs the work to keep his boys going which feeds their families. And he probably likes to see his own kids eat too

For a small business at the best of times it’s a mad juggling act to keep everyone going and maintain a pipeline of new jobs to go on to

He literally said on the internet it was a fuck you to them. I don’t think he cares if he gets any more work off em. I feel like you cunts hating on this are suggesting it would have been better they all sat down no pay until another job came up smh

I’m not certain but it is entirely possible this man doesn’t live with his parents

Idk man, all I think that he needed to is either not acknowledge it, or if he did decided to blast out be real with it, "were in a pandemic and we're in a recession, money is tight, we took this job to keep the lights on and our families fed."

Backsliding and making up reasons why he took it isn't a good look.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2020, 06:44:27 PM »
i’m glad a lot of y’all are pissed but imagine if gip was still lurking. this shit would already be 50 pages long.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2020, 06:49:41 PM »

I mean... he could have literally just not bragged about the job on social media, and we'd be none the wiser.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2020, 06:51:23 AM »
oh man, they went nuclear. they removed all comments on that post, closed them, and changed the caption

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2020, 07:01:43 AM »
oh man, they went nuclear. they removed all comments on that post, closed them, and changed the caption

Folks, now that it what you call “poosey”.

Gritty

• Rep: 2
« Reply #113 on: September 19, 2020, 07:07:00 AM »
Big nah, fuck all of this. Just taking the contract is bad enough. Yeah yeah make it skateable whatever, stick it to the man right? Your contract is blood money. People are suffering.