Author Topic: Dutch skatepark under fire for sexist art exhibition  (Read 6301 times)

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
Re: Dutch skatepark under fire for sexist art exhibition
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2020, 06:44:51 AM »
Goes without say that this is a lame thing to do, but I also think it's worth noting that if your "art" relies on algorithms in the first place, your art probably sucks.

itsyourdad

• Rep: 56
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2020, 06:58:57 AM »
lmao, we live in a society type beat

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2020, 07:27:15 AM »
People can do as they like to their faces but I’ve yet to see any heavy face work the resulted in an improvement.

Saw that Go-Go’s documentary last week and was bummed out by the work Belinda had done. I miss that baby fat!

Digital Rasta

« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2020, 07:29:15 AM »
The guy who came up with the concept for the Human Centipede movies is a Dutchman too. Just throwin that out there

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #124 on: September 14, 2020, 08:15:31 AM »
People can do as they like to their faces but I’ve yet to see any heavy face work the resulted in an improvement.

Saw that Go-Go’s documentary last week and was bummed out by the work Belinda had done. I miss that baby fat!

this...so natural and sexy...

...it's easy to forget that your girl was in The Germs, although i'd like to think that throughout the actual Go-Gos years, they still kept it pretty crust--i love this live performance in Berlin in the early 1980s

and Gina Shock is such an incredible drummer

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2020, 08:55:12 AM »
The guy who came up with the concept for the Human Centipede movies is a Dutchman too. Just throwin that out there

Hahaha, I heard he was super vague and borderline lied to the executive producers about the script to get it funded.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2020, 10:19:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

...it's easy to forget that your girl was in The Germs, although i'd like to think that throughout the actual Go-Gos years, they still kept it pretty crust--i love this live performance in Berlin in the early 1980s

She seemed like a blast. Documentary also made me realize I slept on Kathy Valentine - she seemed to have been the coolest.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2020, 04:42:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

She seemed like a blast. Documentary also made me realize I slept on Kathy Valentine - she seemed to have been the coolest.

C.J. Gap

• Rep: -1
« Reply #128 on: September 20, 2020, 06:39:32 AM »

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #129 on: September 20, 2020, 09:15:00 AM »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #130 on: September 20, 2020, 10:06:58 AM »
Goes without say that this is a lame thing to do, but I also think it's worth noting that if your "art" relies on algorithms in the first place, your art probably sucks.
Random data mining is a whole school of thought in fine art. The thinking goes that there's an overwhelming amount of data floating around without immediate context and that can be recontextualized to spark a dialog about the phenomenon itself. Totally valid area of interest but if you're just saying "Siri, find me pics of fucked up lady faces" you're probably a bad artist.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.