Author Topic: When do you consider someone a “skateboarder”  (Read 9619 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: When do you consider someone a “skateboarder”
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »
You have to have bs lipslides on flatbars, at least one kickflip in ledge trick and atleast one stylish switch flip trick.

It may sound random but if you've never experienced the mental battle of committing to bs lipslides then you aren't a skater.

Basically i don't consider 99% of slap to be skaters which is sad considering my low standards.
Not that there’s a point to arguing the matter with you, but I considered myself a skateboarder years before I landed any of the tricks you listed.
Shit, my homey; I was considering myself a skateboarder before any of those tricks were invented.
You can poke fun all you like, tell us we are or aren’t this or that, I don’t imagine a one of us gives a hoot what you think with regards to who is or isn’t a skateboarder.
I did, however, like your list of qualifications, even if it does set the bar a might high for some.
Grab yourself a tall, cold glass of shalom & chill out. There’s some nice folks on here; try engaging with them instead of berating them.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2020, 08:51:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You have to have bs lipslides on flatbars, at least one kickflip in ledge trick and atleast one stylish switch flip trick.

It may sound random but if you've never experienced the mental battle of committing to bs lipslides then you aren't a skater.

Basically i don't consider 99% of slap to be skaters which is sad considering my low standards.
[close]

Serious question: Why are you on here when you seem to hate slap and believe 99% of us can’t get on your level?
[close]

My first visit here was an attempt to find like minded skaters like myself and have well thought out and educated conversations with each other.

Instead what i encountered disgusted me, people with 2000 posts, signed up for 8 years who have admitted they never learnt to tre flip which would be fine if 90% of their posts weren't taking shit on skaters who are way more dedicated at it then they have ever been.

Then we also have these guys saying regular shit like " nollie nose blunts are easier then blunt slides even though i've never even learned anything but a board slide "

I am that piece of reality in a giant cloud of delusion. You may not like me, i may not like you but the truth needs be spoken from someone who's actually experienced the topic and not just a delusional crowd of people who live it vicariously.

Like listen to the responses to this thread " the first time falling in public " Ok so someone who hasn't even learned how to ride a skateboard is a skater because they ate shit infront of a crowd? That's regular, an actual skater would say something like " a person who's fallen skating by themselves 1000 times and gotten up to land the trick"

You are such a fucking kook, it’s amazing.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2020, 09:22:44 PM »
Basically just when you sack a rail and catch your butthole on a screw and it prolapses your rectum and it flaps around outside your body. It happens to all of us

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2020, 09:30:50 PM »
When you get hurt doing something other than skateboarding and your reaction is "I could have at least hurt myself while trying something gnarly on my board instead of this. This is bullshit!" because that injury is going to keep you from skating.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2020, 09:36:23 PM »
When you land your first 900 or stop pushing shit foot whichever comes first

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2020, 09:54:00 PM »
when you can grip your board

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2020, 10:14:39 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5k_eaw8Sek

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Brguy

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2020, 10:27:20 PM »
Basically just when you sack a rail and catch your butthole on a screw and it prolapses your rectum and it flaps around outside your body. It happens to all of us
Have you seen those guys that manually prolapse their own rectums to try and look like real skateboarders? They think we don't notice the difference, but it's obvious.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2020, 10:29:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not that there’s a point to arguing the matter with you, but I considered myself a skateboarder years before I landed any of the tricks you listed.
Shit, my homey; I was considering myself a skateboarder before any of those tricks were invented.
You can poke fun all you like, tell us we are or aren’t this or that, I don’t imagine a one of us gives a hoot what you think with regards to who is or isn’t a skateboarder.
I did, however, like your list of qualifications, even if it does set the bar a might high for some.
Grab yourself a tall, cold glass of shalom & chill out. There’s some nice folks on here; try engaging with them instead of berating them.
Restecp

you're a skater when you get bit by the bug- fuck elitist cool guy bullshit. homie wouldnt be going off if this was all public on ig.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2020, 10:30:46 PM »
I was classified as skateboarder after penis inspection day at school, Coach Jackson said I would be terrible at football but my lithe Asian frame was perfect for skateboarding.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2020, 11:19:16 PM »
If you skate, regularly. You are are a skateboarder.

SkollieJol

• Rep: 1
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2020, 12:04:03 AM »
"One more try"

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2020, 12:26:49 AM »
Think about when you go grab something from the store and take your little wooden toy with you, if you know the feeling of how good it feels to roll around the streets, then you are a "skateboarder".

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2020, 12:44:59 AM »
once you buy that first thrasher shirt the hellride begins and never ends

whaddabout all the fuck wits that dont skate but wear thrasher shit cuz its "trendy" now?

Thomas

• Rep: 20
  • no pop no style
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2020, 12:57:31 AM »
If you're 20 you should not worry about what others calling you.
Just skate, you will be fine.
Possibilities are everywhere, search and enjoy.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2020, 01:07:51 AM »
"One more try"
leaves spot the next day
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 411
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2020, 01:56:41 AM »
Once someone who is already an established "skater" gives you whatever the current version of the special fist bump is, you're initiated.

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2020, 03:52:44 AM »
When you are over 40 and still skating
9/11 was a national tragedy

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2020, 04:43:39 AM »
When you have fun pushing. Thats it. Learning new stuff and working on tricks is definitely a great feeling but there are no set definitions of being a skateboarder. Also seeing stairs, ledges and other spots out in the wild and imagining tricks is also par with the course /part of the fun . Not everybody is going to have the same skill set or natural ability. Just skate and have fun imo

Nicki

« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2020, 05:37:19 AM »
When you are over 40 and still skating

+1 This the actual answer.

“Skateboarding doesn’t make you a skateboarder: not being able to stop skateboarding makes you a skateboarder.”

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2020, 05:55:48 AM »
Expand Quote
First time you fall down in public
[close]

I used to do that all the time as a babeh though

from the cradle to the grave bro

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2020, 06:22:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Restecp

you're a skater when you get bit by the bug- fuck elitist cool guy bullshit. homie wouldnt be going off if this was all public on ig.

If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

robertson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2020, 06:28:17 AM »
When someone yells "Do a kickflip!", and you actually do a kickflip

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2020, 06:36:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Have you seen those guys that manually prolapse their own rectums to try and look like real skateboarders? They think we don't notice the difference, but it's obvious.

Goatse not a real skater then I guess.

nosporlactune

• Rep: 10
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2020, 07:15:59 AM »
When you are Greg Lutzka. There are no other correct answers. Only approximations of a divine ideal that one man and one man only will ever achieve.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2020, 07:31:58 AM »
once you buy that first thrasher shirt the hellride begins and never ends
You’re not a skater if you have to go to zumiez and buy one.

You’re a skater when you get the subscription, with the free shirt and then you just wear it around to do yard work in, paint the house, or use it as a rag.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2020, 07:39:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Serious question: Why are you on here when you seem to hate slap and believe 99% of us can’t get on your level?
[close]

My first visit here was an attempt to find like minded skaters like myself and have well thought out and educated conversations with each other.

Instead what i encountered disgusted me, people with 2000 posts, signed up for 8 years who have admitted they never learnt to tre flip which would be fine if 90% of their posts weren't taking shit on skaters who are way more dedicated at it then they have ever been.

Then we also have these guys saying regular shit like " nollie nose blunts are easier then blunt slides even though i've never even learned anything but a board slide "

I am that piece of reality in a giant cloud of delusion. You may not like me, i may not like you but the truth needs be spoken from someone who's actually experienced the topic and not just a delusional crowd of people who live it vicariously.

Like listen to the responses to this thread " the first time falling in public " Ok so someone who hasn't even learned how to ride a skateboard is a skater because they ate shit infront of a crowd? That's regular, an actual skater would say something like " a person who's fallen skating by themselves 1000 times and gotten up to land the trick"
[close]

You are such a fucking kook, it’s amazing.

And not for nothing but I've done both and nollie nose blunts ARE easier than bluntslides (front or back) so maybe it is you who is not a sk8r kemosabi

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2020, 07:52:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yes WE are the delusional people.  How dare us lowly peons ever comment on someone’s skating if we aren’t exceptional as well.   

Using your logic, since I have a master’s degree and you do not, I can critique your education and intelligence since you haven’t struggled, strived or shown the same dedication to an education as I have therefore you are stupid and cannot call yourself educated especially in my presence.  Anything you say to the contrary will show me how jealous and inferior you feel/are
[close]

When did i say you have to be exceptional? This is your problem, if you ever actually put in any decent amount of effort to skating, the thing y'all claim to love you would realize learning bs lips, flip in ledge tricks and a nice switch flip isn't exceptional at all.

Your logic here is pathetic and it shows that education means nothing when it comes to your intelligence. First off anyone can go to school for 4 years as literally all it takes it showing up, skating for 4 years requires showing up AND dealing with 4 years worth of falls and injuries. Skateboarding is learned by yourself, give a new skater the exact advice on how to tre flip and it won't help him at all as he has to learn it himself, on the other hand give a student a formula and he can instantly put it to use by himself. There are also no cheat codes in skateboarding, if you can't do something you can't do it, you can't just copy the work or look it up on google and instantly have the trick like with education. Also to finish it off, i've never said anyone has to master skateboarding to state their opinion or have it matter, just have a decent bag of tricks so your talking from experience, aka in your school terms you should have at least passed grade 6 english class before you start talking shit on someone who's graduated high school.

You’re just jealous (and also clearly have no idea what higher education involved)

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2020, 07:54:04 AM »

Cheetah is that you???!!!???!

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2020, 07:55:43 AM »
“The skateboarder that can be called skateboarder is not the eternal skateboarder”

—Animal Chin
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes