Author Topic: When do you consider someone a “skateboarder”  (Read 9612 times)

SlapRhaters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -183
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: When do you consider someone a “skateboarder”
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2020, 07:55:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Nice vid but i can't help but notice you look forward as you ride away instead of backwards so why are you on my back when you do what i say is suppose to be done?
[close]

Because every time your argument dissolves you pick some other tenuous point to make.

If you're truly looking for likeminded skaters, you're never going to find it. No one is gonna agree with you 100% of the time; especially when you're unfriendly, your ideas are shifty and you insist on being aggressive.

You say you want:

Expand Quote
well thought out and educated conversations with each other.
[close]

But you approach it like a dick, and when people point out the obvious such as:

Expand Quote
Shit, my homey; I was considering myself a skateboarder before any of those tricks (lipslides, flip-in ledge maneuvers) were invented
[close]

you get even more unfriendly. If you're looking for the things you claim to be looking for, you've blown your shot a few times over. If you really hate this place so much, please leave.

Glurmpz, that video owns 8)

that was in 2014 when i was looking for likeminded skaters here, i've sense changed my mission.

Also i'm fine with people disagreeing, but you better have bs lips, a flip in grind and a nice looking switch flip trick first.

Oh and name one single time my point dissolved.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 95
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2020, 08:02:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Nice vid but i can't help but notice you look forward as you ride away instead of backwards so why are you on my back when you do what i say is suppose to be done?
[close]

Because every time your argument dissolves you pick some other tenuous point to make.

If you're truly looking for likeminded skaters, you're never going to find it. No one is gonna agree with you 100% of the time; especially when you're unfriendly, your ideas are shifty and you insist on being aggressive.

You say you want:

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Shit, my homey; I was considering myself a skateboarder before any of those tricks (lipslides, flip-in ledge maneuvers) were invented
[close]

you get even more unfriendly. If you're looking for the things you claim to be looking for, you've blown your shot a few times over. If you really hate this place so much, please leave.

[close]

that was in 2014 when i was looking for likeminded skaters here, i've sense changed my mission.

Also i'm fine with people disagreeing, but you better have bs lips, a flip in grind and a nice looking switch flip trick first.

does sw shuvs and bigspins count? thats all my sorry ass has. need to know if i can keep "skater" on my tinder bio

SlapRhaters

« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2020, 08:05:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

You say you want:

Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

does sw shuvs and bigspins count? thats all my sorry ass has. need to know if i can keep "skater" on my tinder bio

Is the switch big fully spun or are you pivoting it? If it's a proper switch big i'll take it. Do you have the bs lip? and what is your flip in trick?

Glurmpz

« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2020, 08:09:33 PM »
I will tell you from experience that a dope controlled pivot on frontside bigspins, either way, feels, and dare I say looks, better. If you place the back wheels down just past the 270 point and pivot it with control it's fucking G. Sometimes I do a full 180 pivot for fun. Fuck your rules.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:25:42 PM by Glurmpz »

loosenuts

• Rep: -9
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2020, 08:12:18 PM »
for us non skaters i think a demonstration of those tricks are required so we can study and achieve skater status as well
obviously we need a real skater to show us
so considering you're the only one here, SlapRhaters please show us longboarders how its done

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2020, 08:14:43 PM »
Ok, look I’m kooking anyone, who isn’t a pal, that responds to this dipshit from here on out.

Give baby a bottle and let him nap.

SlapRhaters

« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2020, 08:18:48 PM »
Ok, look I’m kooking anyone, who isn’t a pal, that responds to this dipshit from here on out.

yeah lol idk why he thinks anyone cares that he can bigspin both ways or posting his video trying to flex on us, this is a place to talk about skating not be an elitist.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2020, 08:22:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

yeah lol idk why he thinks anyone cares that he can bigspin both ways or posting his video trying to flex on us, this is a place to talk about skating not be an elitist.

You are the baby you fuckface.

You really aren’t that smart huh?

Go to sleep.

It does a baby good.

Glurmpz

« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2020, 08:29:58 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I know you're just a troll but your whole argument is that skaters have to be able to do certain things or they're not actually allowed to call themselves skaters, so I shared my shit and mentioned the bigspins to show that I do not fit into your rule system, and there's no way in hell you're telling me I'm not a skateboarder. The other point was to keep driving home that lots of us are NOT anonymous on here and share our skating, while you only claim to skate, which is seeming less and less likely.

SlapRhaters

« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Go to sleep.

It does a baby good.
Time to kook yourself, can i count you while i go to sleep my lil sheep?

os89

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2020, 08:37:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Go to sleep.

It does a baby good.
[close]
Time to kook yourself, can i count you while i go to sleep my lil sheep?

Bitch you really can’t even read, yet you expect us to believe you can skate.

Sweet dreams.

TreBombMartin

• Rep: 30
« Reply #191 on: September 21, 2020, 08:56:17 PM »
After they purify themselves in Lake Minnetonka

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2020, 06:53:22 AM »
When you haven’t finished eating shit last time. Still haven’t hit the ground proper yet but you’re already pissed off telling yourself “you got it next time cunt”

skunty

• Rep: 68
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2020, 07:00:36 AM »

slightly off topic - but as you can see I'm new here. how does kooking and gnaring work? im guessing its tied into the rep number? confused newbie couldnt find it on the home page

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2020, 07:32:09 AM »
I dunno depends how many bananas it takes to change a light bulb
Or how long a piece of string

A piece of string tries to the the joint on his shit shoes
Bouncer says “ain’t no pice o ‘ string  Come in this joint like that shit shoe fool”
So the price of string goes around the corner and puts his jacket on backwards, messes up his hair I good bit. Goes back to the club 😁
“Hey you’re that not of string from before!!! 😡 you can’t come in!!!!”
He replies - oh no!? I’m a frayed knot! You’ve got me confused with someone else!

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2020, 08:42:57 AM »
I dunno depends how many bananas it takes to change a light bulb
Or how long a piece of string

A piece of string tries to the the joint on his shit shoes
Bouncer says “ain’t no pice o ‘ string  Come in this joint like that shit shoe fool”
So the price of string goes around the corner and puts his jacket on backwards, messes up his hair I good bit. Goes back to the club 😁
“Hey you’re that not of string from before!!! 😡 you can’t come in!!!!”
He replies - oh no!? I’m a frayed knot! You’ve got me confused with someone else!

Likewise

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #196 on: September 22, 2020, 09:23:24 AM »
Also - "Welcome to slap where sitting on your ass watching videos makes you more of a skater then you know actually skateboarding??"...

https://vimeo.com/434993421

^That was one day and it was easy. Your move, poser.
Damn dude that was sick. I wish I had your skills. I don’t think the world needs to see my version of the Tired videos but if I get something next time I’ll post

Baswell Cerry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #197 on: September 22, 2020, 09:27:53 AM »
Anyone who practices solo without filming themselves is a skater in my book
[Applause]

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #198 on: September 22, 2020, 09:31:03 AM »
Also - "Welcome to slap where sitting on your ass watching videos makes you more of a skater then you know actually skateboarding??"...

https://vimeo.com/434993421

^That was one day and it was easy. Your move, poser.
Too niiice. Skateboarding/strip show as the moves got more intense.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #199 on: September 22, 2020, 10:01:29 AM »
For real, your vid was very enjoyable, Glurmpz. I wish more arguments were settled with skate clips.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2020, 10:13:34 AM »
For real, your vid was very enjoyable, Glurmpz. I wish more arguments were settled with skate clips.
I'm not reading seven pages of what I've heard is a dumpster fire of a thread, but wouldn't this create a faux-hierarchy of sorts where people just post good footage to win their arguments, no matter how "bad" their opinions or positions actually are? Aren't people who are "bad" skateboarders still entitled to have opinions?

Good work, Glurmpz.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #201 on: September 22, 2020, 10:36:03 AM »
that is measured wholly in blood and broken bones and Slayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7cWi41XGCM

i'm reluctant to quote my own comment here, but upon further reflection felt compelled to come back in and say that i'm only half joking about the blood and broken bones part above...in all honesty, seeing it through injuries--especially those when you don't have health insurance, those that make it so you can not show up to work, have you laid up for a minute, etc.--is an absolute necessity, right? having to see it through your first serious injury is a pivotal point in any skateboarder's life as a skater...

i'm of course dead serious about the Slayer part, which goes without saying...

Brguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
University graduate there apparently learned back lips before front boards and back 180s, because back lips are the first blindside tricks you have to commit to. Very impressive. And before the age of 12. Very very impressive.
[close]

Here goes slap again, you literally have no idea what your talking about, a fs board means FRONT SIDE as in literally FACING the rail as you watch your FRONT foot go over the rail, it also doesn't apply to 180s because if you do a proper 180 you will rotate enough to be facing forward again by the time you land. A back lipslide however requires coming from the BACK SIDE with your BACK foot going over the rail.

Nice try slap has proven to be regular again.
[close]
Lol wut. Do you not end a back lip looking forward? What kind of weird ass back lip are you doing?
[close]

how can you be so confident in something you know nothing about? Blind side is about how you get INTO a trick and has nothing to do with how you get out, with your logic even a bs board to fakie is now blind side, thanks for the laugh.
[close]
Sir this is word salad and you’re now openly contradicting yourself
[close]
No i'm not, you just don't understand, You get into bs lipslides, you don't get "into" bs 180s. Again how are you so confident about something you know nothing about?
[close]
Mister you said commit to blindside- do you do back 180s without committing to them? You have an interesting way of doing tricks
[close]

Again bs 180s aren't blind side so your point doesn't make any sense.
[close]

I feel like I'm the only one reading this who is on your side, and I don't even meet your standards to be called a skater, but BS 180 and FS boardslide are blind side, they are just really easy blind side tricks with minimal risk. BS lipslide is kinda an arbitrary marker, but I get what you're saying about needing to cross some threshold of scaring the shit out of yourself and powering through it to have the heart of a skater. Ultimately only a poser would get mad if someone labels them not a skater, which is really why I love your presence in this thread.
[close]
This is actually a very reasonable take and scaring yourself is part of skating if you want it to be. I think that overcoming fear was pretty cool sometimes and I’m proud of certain times when I did. But I’m not about to become Redbull adrenaline junky or suggest you have to be to be a real skater either. I’m just fucking with slaprhaters because it’s an arbitrary line and I think those are dumb. And he’s getting all mad and it’s funny.
Nope, you'll get scared of something whether you want it or not. Want to jump some stairs? Will get scared. Hard ledge trick? Scared. Going down a steeper hill or just super fast anywhere? Scared. Flatground that spins in unpredictable ways(until you learn it, of course)? Scared. You'll overcome fear in skateboarding, doesn't matter if you're trying death defying tricks or just having fun.

And on a side note, 1 second in the air is a shit ton of blind side when you're skating something just a little bit bigger. Doing 360s on stairs is a shitshow for example, you can easily lose track of where you or the skateboard are and just go off spinning like a person in the air.

Glurmpz

« Reply #203 on: September 22, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I'm not reading seven pages of what I've heard is a dumpster fire of a thread, but wouldn't this create a faux-hierarchy of sorts where people just post good footage to win their arguments, no matter how "bad" their opinions or positions actually are? Aren't people who are "bad" skateboarders still entitled to have opinions?

^I agree. The reason I shared my clip was to point out to the troll poster that I break his rules for what makes a 'real skateboarder', but clearly I am very much a skateboarder. And, he was insinuating that most of us suck so it was also to counter that point. I'm not great, but I'm not some poser who's all talk on a message board. **cough cough... SlapRHaters... cough cough**

It's not that we don't get what his point is, in general - he's trying to say you have to be skilled enough at something to give an accurate opinion on it. And sure, I will trust someone's advice who's done kickflip back tails over someone who hasn't (if I'm trying that trick)... but he's taking it too far and saying that to have an opinion on ANY skating, you have to be able to do _____, ____ and _____. Nonsense, obviously. I can still listen to a friend's advice on what I'm doing wrong with my kickflip back tails, even if he can't do them - people can make legitimate observations based on their experience with skateboarding.

Anonymous message board trolls are the last people who have any foot to stand on with the gatekeeping BS.

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #204 on: September 22, 2020, 10:59:10 AM »
blindside son

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #205 on: September 22, 2020, 11:26:30 AM »
This thread is like turning a corner to find a guy jacking off and a bunch of people yelling about his shitty technique instead of just crossing the street and ignoring him.

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #206 on: September 22, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »
it is funny to watch Slap spend pages entertaining SlapRhaters' arbitrary list of compulsory skate moves, when we all know that the only TRUE "skateboarders" are those of us who can roll in on vert...

confirmed fact

Phelps just take a chill pill for a second. Just because someone can't roll into the Widowmaker doesn't mean the universe will collaspe and colours won't exist anymore.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #207 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:17 PM »
only once they've pulled a 5:35-6:20 of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwzWBX7diS4

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #208 on: September 22, 2020, 05:29:34 PM »
Expand Quote
it is funny to watch Slap spend pages entertaining SlapRhaters' arbitrary list of compulsory skate moves, when we all know that the only TRUE "skateboarders" are those of us who can roll in on vert...

confirmed fact
[close]

Phelps just take a chill pill for a second. Just because someone can't roll into the Widowmaker doesn't mean the universe will collaspe and colours won't exist anymore.

hah, you got me son

and continuing on with the fascinating conversation above regarding blindside craze, i offer exhibit #2 via one Peter Hewitt

or maybe, just another excuse to bring a little more Peter Hewitt into everybody's lives...you're welcome

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2150
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #209 on: September 22, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

confirmed fact
[close]

[close]

hah, you got me son

and continuing on with the fascinating conversation above regarding blindside craze, i offer exhibit #2 via one Peter Hewitt

or maybe, just another excuse to bring a little more Peter Hewitt into everybody's lives...you're welcome
Thank you for that; always welcome ‘round here.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?