Author Topic: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)  (Read 103689 times)

CHONGO

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
    • tumblr avatar image
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #990 on: December 27, 2023, 07:42:31 PM »
Does anyone know or have any theory on how the uneven fisheye vig with the vx1000 (and other cameras for that matter) is caused? I would expect that the fisheye/lens/3ccd prism/sensors optical axis to be in line.

I think out of the 11 vx's I have owned over the years one 1 maybe 2 had "perfect" vig. But that won't last forever... VX can only take so many hits until it makes the sensors even more wack

halvadzic armin

• Rep: -27
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Does anybody use UV filter lens when filming fisheye ?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: VX1000 General Discussion (gear/set-ups, filming/editing, tips/advice, etc.)
« Reply #992 on: February 02, 2024, 06:04:44 AM »
After re-watching Eleventh Hour and Vase… what the fuck was Jacob Harris doing to that footage? It looks like film, it almost looks like 4:3 HD. I want my footage to look that good. Is that just a result of a PAL VX?

My suspicion is that that dude is just a master and will forever retain his place on my VX Mount Rushmore haha.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

ViewFinder

• Rep: 22
« Reply #993 on: February 21, 2024, 06:54:15 AM »
After re-watching Eleventh Hour and Vase… what the fuck was Jacob Harris doing to that footage? It looks like film, it almost looks like 4:3 HD. I want my footage to look that good. Is that just a result of a PAL VX?

My suspicion is that that dude is just a master and will forever retain his place on my VX Mount Rushmore haha.

Precisely, PAL VX has more lines of resolution, and records at 25fps.

matureoftheocean

• Rep: 60
Yo pals I need help once again..

Last time I filmed everything was normal but now when I open the camera all things that supposed To be white are yellow. When I smacked the side it went all blue, when I smack the bottom it goes all Red and when I smack the right side it shows everything normal EXCEPT all the Whites are yellow, anybody now if its the ccd broken or what?

Seriously considering if its time To move on and let the old vx rest in piece 😪
SUOMI | FINLAND | PRKL www.fat1937.blogspot.com

Olympus Mons

• Rep: 15
  • VX1000

Last time I filmed everything was normal but now when I open the camera all things that supposed To be white are yellow. When I smacked the side it went all blue, when I smack the bottom it goes all Red and when I smack the right side it shows everything normal EXCEPT all the Whites are yellow, anybody now if its the ccd broken or what?

The color changing with smacking the side sounds like it could be an issue with the CCDs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-CCD_camera). One/some of them could be loose/damaged. Hard part is those are located at the front of the vx1 and relatively hard to get to for repair. Definitely possible, but I'd probably recommend letting someone like Kerry handle it.
Is there any money in skateboarding film anymore?
I dunno about money, but the fun is boomin.

TomCruz

• Rep: 4
Expand Quote

[close]

The color changing with smacking the side sounds like it could be an issue with the CCDs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-CCD_camera). One/some of them could be loose/damaged. Hard part is those are located at the front of the vx1 and relatively hard to get to for repair. Definitely possible, but I'd probably recommend letting someone like Kerry handle it.

There is a outer circuit board that sits behind the grip.  It's starting to fail and that's why the colors are changing.  Over time it will only get worse.  They can be changed pretty easily.  There are different generations of them that you have to match to your vx.  That's the hard part, finding one that is good and that matches. 

bataaard

• Rep: 42

the cable that connects the vap unit to the video card is loose. unplug it and replug it

matureoftheocean

Expand Quote

[close]

the cable that connects the vap unit to the video card is loose. unplug it and replug it

How I do that 🤔

matureoftheocean

And thanks for the tips, unfortunatly I live in Finland so i cant send it to Kerry 😪maybe i need To find someone here who maybe knows how to fix it

pedro_mayn

• Rep: 92
  • 1-800-PP-5-DOO-DOO
And thanks for the tips, unfortunatly I live in Finland so i cant send it to Kerry 😪maybe i need To find someone here who maybe knows how to fix it

What about VX Doc? He should be able to do it, it's within Europe.
i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

bataaard

• Rep: 42
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How I do that 🤔

you only need to take off the top handle, back part and side. no need to touch the tape side, and the bottom plate

then it's this cable :

matureoftheocean

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How I do that 🤔
[close]

you only need to take off the top handle, back door and side. no need to touch the tape side, and the bottom plate

then it's this cable :

[close]

Thanks 💪

matureoftheocean

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How I do that 🤔
[close]

you only need to take off the top handle, back door and side. no need to touch the tape side, and the bottom plate

then it's this cable :

[close]
[close]

Thanks 💪

It works! (for know..) thanks for the help 🤝