Author Topic: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person  (Read 48297 times)

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
Re: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person
« Reply #180 on: October 01, 2020, 04:19:02 PM »
In the time I worked in skating, the only things that stood out to me were the people who were actually really cool. The dicks? I forgot about them. Im sort of glad for that. Better to have good memories.

Honestly, one of the nicest, most generous people with their time and stuff was Muska. I doubt it's changed much, he seemed like he genuinely was a sweetheart. I worked on one big project with him and he was absolutely the coolest person ever.

ok thanks

ndsr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2020, 04:41:29 PM »
I had clam chowder once with Zered Bassett and he kept hogging all the Oyster Bay Crackers so I flipped my soup bowl over and dipped out.

A class action dick
I lost respect for you and Zered simply for ruining chowder with oyster crackers, hot sauce only!

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2020, 05:58:19 PM »
Andy MAC refused to skate a demo setup we had because all the ramps were below 4’ but Channita, Rodney Jones, Mike minitas and John Comer held it down

Dong Hanglo

• Rep: 34
« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2020, 06:41:11 PM »
Chad Fernandez got drunk after a demo in the parking lot and tried to beat up a 15 year old kid.
I know, shocking to no one.
Pros are whack. Skating shouldn't be a job.

shrockitis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2020, 07:17:11 PM »
this thread just reeks of self-righteousness

CAPTAIN NOBODY

« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2020, 09:08:06 AM »
Andrew cannon.

Came thru my local like 5 years ago before he was the nhs guy and I think he was on world/ain.

Anyway he did a nice nollie heel into a bank I said woo and slapped my board

He came back around the park and told me “you small town guys think that’s impressive you should go out to Cali and see what the real pros are doing u have no idea”. 

Mind u I’ve lived out west and in big city’s and have seen a few pros.... I wouldn’t wanna spend 5 more minutes around that guy
How long ago was this? I’ve ran into Andrew Cannon multiple times and he’s super nice.

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #186 on: October 02, 2020, 09:25:42 AM »
You could also title this thread “skaters who act like anyone else would if a total stranger approached them as if they knew them.”

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #187 on: October 02, 2020, 11:06:25 AM »
You could also title this thread “skaters who act like anyone else would if a total stranger approached them as if they knew them.”

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #188 on: October 02, 2020, 01:42:36 PM »
Not a pro, and probably not somebody that is on anybody's radar, but Mike "Hashbrown" Schulze is a trash human being.
  Dude used to share the same local as myself (Cloverdale in Surrey, BC) and continually did shit that crossed the line. Telling small children to "fuck off" just for them congratulating him on a trick, body-checking even smaller children (I'm talking five years or younger) off of the coping of a smaller quarterpipe by frontside slashing directly into them... hell, the guy karate kicked me in the shoulder for rolling past him as he botched a front crook on a skatepark out-ledge. All of his friends (Dustin Locke, Jordan Zazula, Steven Burke, etc.) were never anything but friendly, but that dude is a top-tier cunt.

Bobby D. and his cronies have poopy skatepark etiquette.

In other news, Spanly is one of the nicest human beings that I've met period. Wade D., Spencer Hamilton, Lee Yankou? All great guys that'll go out of their way to make even the biggest of skatepark dingi feel welcome.

Glurmpz

« Reply #189 on: October 02, 2020, 02:19:42 PM »
Not a pro, and probably not somebody that is on anybody's radar, but Mike "Hashbrown" Schulze is a trash human being.
 the guy karate kicked me in the shoulder for rolling past him as he botched a front crook on a skatepark out-ledge.

What?! He karate kicked you because you skated by? This sounds highly suspect. Do you mean he actually kicked you as he botched the trick? Or he came up and kicked you after because you merely rolled past him? Not buying it.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #190 on: October 02, 2020, 02:26:55 PM »
Expand Quote
 the guy karate kicked me in the shoulder for rolling past him as he botched a front crook on a skatepark out-ledge.
[close]

What?! He karate kicked you because you skated by? This sounds highly suspect. Do you mean he actually kicked you as he botched the trick? Or he came up and kicked you after because you merely rolled past him? Not buying it.

Tried the front crook, landed on his feet, kicked me as I came down an adjacent bank.
 What exactly do you think that I gain from bullshitting? Everybody else that I met/got to know out there were pretty excellent. Coupla fried Leeside/Hastings locals, but nothing compared to that dude.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2020, 09:36:29 PM »
Andy MAC refused to skate a demo setup we had because all the ramps were below 4’ but Channita, Rodney Jones, Mike minitas and John Comer held it down

Well he is a vert skater.under 4 foot ramps would probably seem like a waste of time to him

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -423
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2020, 09:38:34 PM »
  Dude used to share the same local as myself (Cloverdale in Surrey, BC) and continually did shit that crossed the line. Telling small children to "fuck off" just for them congratulating him on a trick, body-checking even smaller children (I'm talking five years or younger) off of the coping of a smaller quarterpipe by frontside slashing directly into them... hell, the guy karate kicked me in the shoulder for rolling past him as he botched a front crook on a skatepark out-ledge. All of his friends (Dustin Locke, Jordan Zazula, Steven Burke, etc.) were never anything but friendly, but that dude is a top-tier cunt.

In other news, Spanly is one of the nicest human beings that I've met period. Wade D., Spencer Hamilton, Lee Yankou? All great guys that'll go out of their way to make even the biggest of skatepark dingi feel welcome.
Great contribution . a dude nobody's ever heard of in Canada

Jerrys Kid

• Rep: 56
« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2020, 07:32:03 PM »
I wanna see all the pros who've ever posted on Slap to start a thread where they talk about Fans who were Jerks in person.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2020, 07:37:19 PM »
Sw tre's down plaza 7 tho....

have heard he's a bit of a cuck

Expand Quote

[close]
Great contribution . a dude nobody's ever heard of in Canada
GFYS

Glurmpz

« Reply #195 on: October 03, 2020, 07:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Tried the front crook, landed on his feet, kicked me as I came down an adjacent bank.
 What exactly do you think that I gain from bullshitting?

That's wild. What a weird thing to do. He's always been super polite any time I've had interactions with him over the last decade.

I've heard countless people tell bullshit stories about people they don't like, for the purpose of tarnishing that person's rep, since they don't like them. That's what someone could gain from bullshitting, but I assume you may have even spent more time around Mike than me since you shared the same local park, so maybe I shouldn't say I don't buy it - just sounds very odd. Nothing excuses a kick, but getting flustered at someone who hasn't been paying much attention and getting in the way happens A LOT at parks... I guess I'm a bit suspicious there's more to the story along those lines. I wasn't there though, so this will just be a funny anecdote to mention next time I see him, lol. I'll report back...

Edit: not trying to say you're some idiot grom - I have a good friend who is unfortunately the most oblivious guy on the session and always getting in the way/snaking/cutting me off. It drives me nuts.

jimbotron

• Rep: 1
« Reply #196 on: October 03, 2020, 08:34:07 PM »
Um. Jeremy Klein? Anyone?

Jeff Bezos The Antichrist

• Rep: 29
« Reply #197 on: October 03, 2020, 11:48:46 PM »
Richie Jackson because he yelled at my friend once for doing all the coke in the bathroom :(

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -277
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #198 on: October 04, 2020, 11:08:14 AM »
I got into a huge argument with him because I asked if he could make a Hookups 5 panel hat. He went on a tirade saying that 5 panels are ruining skateboarding and not his Hentai graphics

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
« Reply #199 on: October 04, 2020, 11:16:13 AM »
I read this as skaters who are jerks in prison. Guess I probably wouldn't have wanted Andy Roy as a bunkmate.

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 130
« Reply #200 on: October 04, 2020, 11:34:37 AM »
I remember a funny part of the bunt podcast talking about manchild (whoever that is) at a competition and winning their kook of the week award. Was pretty funny. He was basically being a pre-madonna/attention whore while sucking horribly. I wish I could remember which episode it was.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #201 on: October 04, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What exactly do you think that I gain from bullshitting?
[close]

That's wild. What a weird thing to do. He's always been super polite any time I've had interactions with him over the last decade.

I've heard countless people tell bullshit stories about people they don't like, for the purpose of tarnishing that person's rep, since they don't like them. That's what someone could gain from bullshitting, but I assume you may have even spent more time around Mike than me since you shared the same local park, so maybe I shouldn't say I don't buy it - just sounds very odd. Nothing excuses a kick, but getting flustered at someone who hasn't been paying much attention and getting in the way happens A LOT at parks... I guess I'm a bit suspicious there's more to the story along those lines. I wasn't there though, so this will just be a funny anecdote to mention next time I see him, lol. I'll report back...

Edit: not trying to say you're some idiot grom - I have a good friend who is unfortunately the most oblivious guy on the session and always getting in the way/snaking/cutting me off. It drives me nuts.

I guess I should have also mentioned that this all happened over five years ago. People change, hopefully for the better.
 I certainly didn't set out to start a smear campaign against the guy, I've just never met anybody so consistently unpleasant in my life. The way he treated kids (to be fair, they are obnoxious, but again, they're children) was far more infuriating than anything he ever did against me.

Again, I really hope the dude has changed for the better. I don't like dragging peoples' names through the mud, but shit, credit where credit is due am I right?

David Lee Sloth

• Rep: -77
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2020, 03:38:41 PM »
Told this story before: Watched Nyjah deny a little kid and his dad an autograph in the grass parking lot at a Tampa Pro a few years ago. Said "No I have to get in there they're announcing the finals". Me and dad just looked at each other like wtf? I yelled at Nyjah "Doesn't matter, Busenitz won anyway!" Which he did.

Vomit Lust

• Rep: 83
« Reply #203 on: October 04, 2020, 03:55:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I got into a huge argument with him because I asked if he could make a Hookups 5 panel hat. He went on a tirade saying that 5 panels are ruining skateboarding and not his Hentai graphics

Five panel hats are awful though.

Unrelated: pre-Madonna?

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #204 on: October 04, 2020, 04:41:32 PM »
Dane Burman was chill to me both when I met him at a grocery store in Nashville 4 years ago and when I ran into him outside the shop in Denver last month.

I didn't read this whole thread but Dill was super nice to me when I saw him outside a coffee shop in Portland.

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #205 on: October 04, 2020, 04:48:19 PM »
I remember a funny part of the bunt podcast talking about manchild (whoever that is) at a competition and winning their kook of the week award. Was pretty funny. He was basically being a pre-madonna/attention whore while sucking horribly. I wish I could remember which episode it was.

Madonna’s career started in 1979, so Manchild was acting like it was 1978? 
[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

fongool

• Rep: 94
« Reply #206 on: October 04, 2020, 04:49:54 PM »
Unrelated: pre-Madonna?

lol he meant 'prima donna'

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #207 on: October 04, 2020, 08:11:25 PM »
Mike Hawk all he ever does is spit on people, I’ve seen him do it multiple times with my own eyes!

hot take

• Rep: -57
« Reply #208 on: October 05, 2020, 04:45:23 AM »
Figgy is a total asshole. Always see him at the bars and parks in Oside. Total douche complex thinks he’s better than everyone
The hanger on wanna be hard ass rocker dudes that surround figgy, Riley, and provost are even worse man. It’s like their claim to fame.

OctopusJack

• Rep: 1
« Reply #209 on: October 05, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
Shredmaster Keith is an insufferable little shithead if you see him at LES. Dude was all butt hurt at me because I didn't buy weed off him and told me "get the fuck outta my park". I just laughed because he tried acting like he was all tough and shit. My girlfriend's 10 year old son could easily body slam his scrawny little ass. Dude's an overrated clown