Author Topic: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person  (Read 48137 times)

backside_reacharound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -205
Re: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2020, 04:21:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Andrew cannon.

Came thru my local like 5 years ago before he was the nhs guy and I think he was on world/ain.

Anyway he did a nice nollie heel into a bank I said woo and slapped my board

He came back around the park and told me “you small town guys think that’s impressive you should go out to Cali and see what the real pros are doing u have no idea”. 

Mind u I’ve lived out west and in big city’s and have seen a few pros.... I wouldn’t wanna spend 5 more minutes around that guy
[close]

Wow, he really played himself. That's funny. Thanks for sharing.

I think Danny Way has gotten a more mellow attitude in maturity. Seems nice every time I saw him around town...
[close]

That sounds like he was trying to be self deprecating and maybe it came out like an insult. He’s a nice dude.
[close]

That’s exactly what it sounds like.
Andrew is undoubtedly one of the nicest dudes and definitely not a name I’d expect to see first thing in this thread.

Also another poster said Paul Hart and again, very very nice and respectful dude when I ran into him a few months back

To answer the thread, Adrien Lopez sized me up at a work event earlier this year and wouldn’t move when I tried to get to the beer table.  Very cool guy  ::)

Isn't Adrien Lopez basically a midget?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2020, 04:59:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dane Burman
Bryan Herman
Anthony Williams
Tristan Funkhouser
Nuge
Chris Wimer
That Hayden kid from Venice
They can all gobble on Craig’s Cobra!
[close]

Naw man, Wimer's the friendliest dude!
[close]
Dude brings his girlfriend to every session and makes out with her at the runway after he’s went full jock mode and one upped the most recent trick done there..... but yeah he’s friendly.
[close]

Chris Wimer is Shamweezy, confirmed.
[close]
Wider was a dope guy. Skated with him at cherry park and was really nice. Gave me props on a trick I was trying and easy to talk to.
[close]

Have to agree with Wimer being a nice guy.  Skated with him a handful of times and he always chats me up.  Definitely the best skater I have ever seen in person, but still humble about it, which is nice.   

That's great to hear about Wimer, I don't doubt it, honestly I know just as much about him as I do about Shamweezy (see nicknames thread) which is practically nothing, I was just amused by the common denominator.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2020, 05:37:23 AM »
@fakie nollie - should have known of a place where no calls go.

Unfortunately, I was only where no cars go.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2020, 06:18:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unfortunately, I was only where no cars go.

No cargos.

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -122
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2020, 06:22:06 AM »
Expand Quote
I agree with the moral of people being wierd to pros and then calling them jerks for not being best friends with them really doesnt fit the bill here.

With that said - Kerry Getz for me is the worst person I ever meet. Thought he was supercool the first day, told me how great a skater I was, that I should come visit Philly etc. After a few weeks seeing him drunk, acting out, going to strip clubs, breaking boards in demos and walking out and having rage fits here and there I was over him. Almost ended up in a fight with him. He had given me a signed Nocturnal board, I binned that in the trash.

Eric Koston Ive meet 3-4 times and he has always comes of as a Jerk, but this has been on tours where Ive been the local "homie" and I know those people are hard to care for, so wont put to much on him for that.

Chris Pastras ive spent a week with on tour, dude was friendly but in an Iceblock kinda way, didnt care too much for him.

Most pros Ive meet actually been really friendly.
[close]

that doesnt surprise me juan bit. for fucks sake, his nickname is "hockey temper" after all. that alone is enough. whenever i see people freak out cuz they cant land a trick, i was always think, "maybe you should go play football or some stupid shit." it makes me think they dont actually enjoy skating at all. this especially goes for people whose livelihood doesnt depend on them landing a trick, aka non-sponsored.
and koston..........ha! some people should not reproduce.
as much as i like max schaaf and the fact that he "introduced" me to the possibility that skaters can do motorcycles, i cant help but think that he acts like a clique-y gooch everytime i talk to him. that could also be him being part of the "harley davidson chopper exclusive club" or whatever the fuck. steve cab also was super bummed when he saw that i was wearing half cabs, for some reason. that was awkward af. fun fact, max schaaf absolutely hates cab.

andy roy on the other hand, is an absolute sweetheart. i dont know if thats a big surprise to anyjuan, but whatever. when i seen him at a king diamond concert in 2015-ish, i asked him if i could get a photo of him for my instagram and without any hesitation, he happily obliged and for some reason pulled up his shirt and showed me his nipples. he also demanded that i get in the photo with him. no offense of any kind but he is the textbook definition of a "nice idiot." and with that, i will take a "nice idiot," over a "smart asshole" any fucking day of the week.

Well if you arent landing tricks then you cease to be pro and make money so I'm sure its pretty stressful

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2020, 06:37:35 AM »
This thread is poosey.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2020, 08:04:27 AM »
I was skating in one of the Vancouver parks one fall day with a coach jacket with ‘anti bling’ stenciled in the back, minding my own business, when this jockish bro comes up to me, right in my face saying ‘So what, you are anti-bling? Does that me you’re anti-Me?!?’ while pulling out his gold chain with a red dragons logo on it.

It was so surreal how aggressive he was and just trying to start shit over nothing I was speechless.

I’m not saying who it is, just because I hope this asshole fades into obscurity, but yeah, a ‘pro’. 

Anyone from Vancouver could probably figure it out.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2020, 08:17:18 AM »
No shit he was aggressive. I wouldn't draw a Red Dragons gold chain on my worst enemy. The mere existence of such a device is aggressive.

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2020, 08:44:55 AM »
I was skating in one of the Vancouver parks one fall day with a coach jacket with ‘anti bling’ stenciled in the back, minding my own business, when this jockish bro comes up to me, right in my face saying ‘So what, you are anti-bling? Does that me you’re anti-Me?!?’ while pulling out his gold chain with a red dragons logo on it.

It was so surreal how aggressive he was and just trying to start shit over nothing I was speechless.

I’m not saying who it is, just because I hope this asshole fades into obscurity, but yeah, a ‘pro’. 

spill the beans bro, cmon.

Mose's was a complete dick back in the 99 or 00. He showed up at the local spot (peace park in mtl) admist some tour. Was basically cutting off all the locals (there was like 5 people at the spot, plenty of room, you could have waitied your turn) trying his f/s noseslides. He then tried to noseblunt the ledge slipped out and looked like a mean hipper.  Fuck him.

Mccrank and Arto were there too if I remember correctly. They didnt cut pople off.

Muska and the shortys guys rolled through the same spot 20 years ago too. All were hella cool. Muska had just gotten on Circa...

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2020, 10:10:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dane Burman
Bryan Herman
Anthony Williams
Tristan Funkhouser
Nuge
Chris Wimer
That Hayden kid from Venice
They can all gobble on Craig’s Cobra!
[close]

Naw man, Wimer's the friendliest dude!
[close]
Dude brings his girlfriend to every session and makes out with her at the runway after he’s went full jock mode and one upped the most recent trick done there..... but yeah he’s friendly.
[close]

Chris Wimer is Shamweezy, confirmed.
[close]
Wider was a dope guy. Skated with him at cherry park and was really nice. Gave me props on a trick I was trying and easy to talk to.
[close]

Have to agree with Wimer being a nice guy.  Skated with him a handful of times and he always chats me up.  Definitely the best skater I have ever seen in person, but still humble about it, which is nice. 

I've always heard Jamie Thomas was a dick but my encounters with him have always been nice as well. 

Donovon Piscopo once came through the town I live in with a few nike guys and bitched about every spot he was taken to.   
You guys are giving your encounters with him from that time you seen him at a public skate park, most pros know to be on their A game at parks (don’t get mad, be nice to everyone that speaks, etc.....)
I’m giving my perspective after knowing him for over 10 years.

dilbert1

• Rep: 139
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2020, 10:17:57 AM »
"Skaters Who Are Jerks In Prison"

TheDingus

« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2020, 10:23:15 AM »
Meet a stranger for 5 minutes and judge them forever. Good modus there, dudes.

chrisskates808

« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2020, 10:28:33 AM »
I've heard PJ Ladd is a jackass.

I remember when I was a kid, there was Plan B event at this local surf shop. They were doing autographs and many people said thank you to PJ. He just gave off the vibe and he didn’t want to be there.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2020, 11:10:26 AM »

Fuckin lmao, also I’m like 99% sure I tried calling FakieNollie’s number back then.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2020, 12:17:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Most of these stories sound like you guys acting like awkward weirdos and the pros not wanting to talk to you. I feel like Larry fucking David reading this shit. They aren't jerks. You guys are just weird.
[close]
Yep, it's especially obvious with the skater who was "nice to the guy who was really good at manuals" reality is skaters can tell who's really dedicated to skating and they respect each other, the saying real recognize real is well real. They can also tell the guys who've been "skating" for 8 years but haven't learned to tre flip like well most of slap.

I thought you got banned for promoting capital punishment against homosexual thought crimes. 

That being said - POST A BACK LIP OR 360 FLIP

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2020, 12:37:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Most of these stories sound like you guys acting like awkward weirdos and the pros not wanting to talk to you. I feel like Larry fucking David reading this shit. They aren't jerks. You guys are just weird.
[close]
Yep, it's especially obvious with the skater who was "nice to the guy who was really good at manuals" reality is skaters can tell who's really dedicated to skating and they respect each other, the saying real recognize real is well real. They can also tell the guys who've been "skating" for 8 years but haven't learned to tre flip like well most of slap.
[close]

I thought you got banned for promoting capital punishment against homosexual thought crimes. 

That being said - POST A BACK LIP OR 360 FLIP

Banned men post no clips, sir.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

moneymoneymoney

« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2020, 12:52:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I agree with the moral of people being wierd to pros and then calling them jerks for not being best friends with them really doesnt fit the bill here.

With that said - Kerry Getz for me is the worst person I ever meet. Thought he was supercool the first day, told me how great a skater I was, that I should come visit Philly etc. After a few weeks seeing him drunk, acting out, going to strip clubs, breaking boards in demos and walking out and having rage fits here and there I was over him. Almost ended up in a fight with him. He had given me a signed Nocturnal board, I binned that in the trash.

Eric Koston Ive meet 3-4 times and he has always comes of as a Jerk, but this has been on tours where Ive been the local "homie" and I know those people are hard to care for, so wont put to much on him for that.

Chris Pastras ive spent a week with on tour, dude was friendly but in an Iceblock kinda way, didnt care too much for him.

Most pros Ive meet actually been really friendly.
[close]

that doesnt surprise me juan bit. for fucks sake, his nickname is "hockey temper" after all. that alone is enough. whenever i see people freak out cuz they cant land a trick, i was always think, "maybe you should go play football or some stupid shit." it makes me think they dont actually enjoy skating at all. this especially goes for people whose livelihood doesnt depend on them landing a trick, aka non-sponsored.
and koston..........ha! some people should not reproduce.
as much as i like max schaaf and the fact that he "introduced" me to the possibility that skaters can do motorcycles, i cant help but think that he acts like a clique-y gooch everytime i talk to him. that could also be him being part of the "harley davidson chopper exclusive club" or whatever the fuck. steve cab also was super bummed when he saw that i was wearing half cabs, for some reason. that was awkward af. fun fact, max schaaf absolutely hates cab.

andy roy on the other hand, is an absolute sweetheart. i dont know if thats a big surprise to anyjuan, but whatever. when i seen him at a king diamond concert in 2015-ish, i asked him if i could get a photo of him for my instagram and without any hesitation, he happily obliged and for some reason pulled up his shirt and showed me his nipples. he also demanded that i get in the photo with him. no offense of any kind but he is the textbook definition of a "nice idiot." and with that, i will take a "nice idiot," over a "smart asshole" any fucking day of the week.
[close]

Well if you arent landing tricks then you cease to be pro and make money so I'm sure its pretty stressful

i suppose so, however there was a time when running photos in magazines of non-makes was kosher. for example tom penny's frontside bluntslide COVER or steamy berras backside nosegrind COVER. not sure if thats still running to this day, but it did happen and it happened quite a bit.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »

Or

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 574
« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2020, 01:39:19 PM »

Look at that neck
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2020, 02:36:42 PM »

Look at that neck

Go, go gadget neck!

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2020, 02:43:44 PM »
Anyone have any more Sluggo stories? I imagine him being involved in some hilarious shit.
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2020, 02:48:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I remember when I was a kid, there was Plan B event at this local surf shop. They were doing autographs and many people said thank you to PJ. He just gave off the vibe and he didn’t want to be there.

Ive skated with him at a skatepark thrice so far. Even recognized me last time and gave me a fist bump. He doesnt talk unless you talk to him, but hes quite cordial. He does a majestic clap when I land a trick (nothing really impressive). He's a good lad.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2020, 02:50:26 PM »
I've met many pros. Some nice, some ultra nice and just one dick: Felipe Gustavo. Guy fucking sucks.
I was managing a skateshop at the time and I had to interview many pros from DC visiting Santiago.
They were pretty tired since they partied the whole night because Mike Mo bday but they were all super nice except for this dick.
Since almost all brazilians can speak Spanish I asked him if he preferred to talk in spanish rather than english and dude was annoyed af just because I asked. Then everytime I'll ask sth he would roll his eyes.
Diva complex at its finest.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

lazer69

• Rep: -95
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2020, 02:51:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ive skated with him at a skatepark thrice so far. Even recognized me last time and gave me a fist bump. He doesnt talk unless you talk to him, but hes quite cordial. He does a majestic clap when I land a trick (nothing really impressive). He does that to everyboady getting something. He's a good lad.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2020, 03:12:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ive skated with him at a skatepark thrice so far. Even recognized me last time and gave me a fist bump. He doesnt talk unless you talk to him, but hes quite cordial. He does a majestic clap when I land a trick (nothing really impressive). He does that to everyboady getting something. He's a good lad Ladd.
[close]

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #145 on: September 24, 2020, 03:12:40 PM »
I've met many pros. Some nice, some ultra nice and just one dick: Felipe Gustavo. Guy fucking sucks.
I was managing a skateshop at the time and I had to interview many pros from DC visiting Santiago.
They were pretty tired since they partied the whole night because Mike Mo bday but they were all super nice except for this dick.
Since almost all brazilians can speak Spanish I asked him if he preferred to talk in spanish rather than english and dude was annoyed af just because I asked. Then everytime I'll ask sth he would roll his eyes.

Felipe and Miles Silvas rolled up to a pro party thing at Thunderbird in Portland and it was a pretty hesh vibe goin on, they left after I think literally 2 minutes. Got to party with Wes, Chris Russel, Clay Kreiner, Elissa Steamer, more pros in one night than I’ve really seen throughout life. All of em were dope.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #146 on: September 24, 2020, 03:19:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

spill the beans bro, cmon.

Mose's was a complete dick back in the 99 or 00. He showed up at the local spot (peace park in mtl) admist some tour. Was basically cutting off all the locals (there was like 5 people at the spot, plenty of room, you could have waitied your turn) trying his f/s noseslides. He then tried to noseblunt the ledge slipped out and looked like a mean hipper.  Fuck him.

Mccrank and Arto were there too if I remember correctly. They didnt cut pople off.

Muska and the shortys guys rolled through the same spot 20 years ago too. All were hella cool. Muska had just gotten on Circa...

The first guy you mentioned, haha.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #147 on: September 24, 2020, 03:38:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Felipe and Miles Silvas rolled up to a pro party thing at Thunderbird in Portland and it was a pretty hesh vibe goin on, they left after I think literally 2 minutes. Got to party with Wes, Chris Russel, Clay Kreiner, Elissa Steamer, more pros in one night than I’ve really seen throughout life. All of em were dope.

Felipe has seemed to me like a fuckface asshole since I saw him in the credits of True acting like a complete douche in China. Fuck that guy and his disgusting style.

FlatBeat

• Rep: -1
« Reply #148 on: September 24, 2020, 04:33:03 PM »
Mike Hastie comes to mind. He would always skate around the park with this hood up and had the worst attitude, like he was pissed at every kid that would get near him. Super unapproachable vibes.

Of the RDS guys I can confirm that Paul Mach and Chris Haslam were both solid though. They never talked down to anyone and just felt like a part of the crew. I remember paul rolling up in his BWM with his gold RDS chain when I was a kid and was super intimated but he gave us all fist bumps and sat down just to talk. He'd then get up and noseblunt the biggest rail in the park with ease. Both good guys.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -326
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #149 on: September 24, 2020, 05:01:22 PM »
Longtime ago 02' I was working at this shop in North Georgia Flip came through town and the redneck bmx owner had a back room for late night poker parties other sketchy stuffs.

So it's a daytime demo and they were going north afterwards but most of the OG Flip guys Rowley Arto and Salabanzi along with Alex Chalmers are skulking around the touring van and I guess Bastien wasn't feeling it with the locals and their accents.

I'm working that weekend and I see him in the back room like what's up man you good?! Why don't you come hangout or drink some beers he's like naww I'm good . Okay I go back a few hours later and I'm kinda loaded I ask again like hey man I'm curious how you pronounce your name like Basschion or Basteeeon?

He has say's in a really really heavy french accent and I'm like dude I'm not an idiot just asking because some kids are hyped for you. He's like leave me alone, I tell all the kids hey man Bastion is back here if you want to talk to him. Guy's a primadonna for sure.
Dueces Bitch's