Author Topic: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person  (Read 47967 times)

Prostate Exam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 485
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person
« Reply #240 on: October 26, 2021, 12:00:06 AM »
Out of the few pros I have met Jarne was definitely the worst one.
We both entered the same contest and he wouldn't say a word to nobody except his friends and the local girls.
He then would hang around at the bar, trying to show everyone that he's sober by not buying anything to drink, not even water. He would only get on the bartenders nerves. He was constantly asking for (free) hot water he could but in his ramen noodles he bought at the gas-station.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2021, 12:20:10 AM »
Mike Hawk has tried to spit on nearly every girl I’ve dated.  It’s just downright disgusting

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 485
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2021, 12:23:43 AM »
Mike Hawk has tried to spit on nearly every girl I’ve dated.  It’s just downright disgusting

Yeah, Mike Hawk always seemed like a dick

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2021, 01:06:04 AM »
Shredmaster Keith was a dickhead when I met him… like most nyc skaters, and I saw him wax coping once. That’s an offense on the highest level.

Shawn Hayle did that during a demo at my local. It was already really slippery. I was appalled.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2021, 01:07:12 AM »
SPoT was my local in early/mid 2000s so lots of interesting stories…
PJ Ladd was a dick at a demo once, refused to skate and a little kid came up to him for an autograph and he said no and it pissed Clements off. Why even come to the demo?

Dyrdek while filming Street Dreams, no explanation needed. So cringe.

Yonnie Cruz has always been a douche bag.

Shit, my brain isn’t working anymore at the moment. But some good experiences: Navs, Svitak, Trujillo surprisingly was super nice, Alfaro, and Todd Jordan. Todd was the ultimate sweetheart.

1:58

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUjOF-0Xwc

JohnnyCash

• Rep: 2
« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2021, 01:59:53 AM »

TONY TRUJILLO :

When i was 14 i went to Barcelona with my twin to skate and ended up at Macba for the first time, an utterly drunk Tony T and Frank Grewer where sitting in a corner, im on the phone with my mom and out of nowhere tony kicks a full bottle of gatorade toward me and my brand new deck, the bottle hits my board and me.. and my deck is fucked, i look at them and they are dying laughing lol.. there is still some gatorade in the bottle and i put the bottle back up and kick it straight back to them and the left over gatorade spills all over tony.. he gets up and screams all crazy.. frank restrains him and calms him down.. i hear him tell tony " bro chill he is just a kid " .. i laugh at tony at skate away.. couple years later i get into a discussion with his wife on IG... just a sad drunk family.

Jamie Thomas :

Zero/Mystery a Demo in Europe, Amsterdam.. Me and my twin got picked out to help with the product toss..which was crazy cause we heard stories about the chief being a cock, but imagine, being 15 and getting picked out but the chief to help with a product toss and throwing hella shit away.. hoodies, shirts, sticker, decks etc.. eventually one of my other homies tried to grab/steal a shirt and the chief saw it and smacked his hand away and got all mad.. obviously my buddy never liked zero or the chief again. i ended up throwing so much stuff to my homies in the crowd :)

Chris Cole :

He was at the same demo, went to him mid demo (which was stupid to think about it) he signed my shirt and told me " you think the crowd would go crazy if i do this first try? " and before i could answer he did a kickflip fs 50 first go down a crazy rail.. and yes. the crowd went nuts, really cool dude.

Colt Cannon :

He said he didnt understand why they but Nyjah on the cover of the elementality video lol!

Danny Cerezini :

Met him at a X-Games, and he got silver that year with a a best trick or a run.. cant remember but i asked for a photo and he said only if he could get a cigarette and one for Luan aswell.. gave them the ciggies and took a photo.. nice dude :)

Stevie Williams :

I went to the Berrics a long time ago and when i got there for the first time, Stevie is in front of a black rolls royce wraith and giving his accountant a really hard time on the phone hehe.. legendary

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2021, 03:47:46 AM »
When i was 14 i went to Barcelona with my twin to skate and ended up at Macba for the first time

Zero/Mystery a Demo in Europe, Amsterdam.. Me and my twin got picked out to help with the product toss.

Twins for the wiiin.  Twins done did it agaiiin.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2021, 04:37:23 AM »
Nyjah Huston was a jerk to jermey Rogers at da club

cky enthusiast

« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2021, 06:37:32 AM »
dude its not just pros... like 99.9% of people on planet earth are fucking KOOKS

skate scenes are jsut full of over inflated egos and kook city

no one actually willing to help you out when it comes down to it

there are 2 mini ramps locally i could be skating in the winter but since i am not one of the bros its not happening. fucking wack that people in my area i have skated with like 10+ years i write them a message just asking if i could get a contact for the guy who owns the ramp... read the message and wont even reply!! smh

try to do events all the time message 30-40 guys to come to a session and lucky if 1-2 show up. usually its 0.

back in the day killed it in contests but always put to the bottom because i was nerdy and not as social as the others. i wasnt a male model either. at first i was like "meh its just subjective i guess" but then when after the contest MULTIPLE people are coming up to you saying "what did you get for first? what? you didnt even place?!?!" then it kinda sealed the deal for me... skateboarding is absolutely FULL OF KOOKS from top to bottom. fucking scooter scene LOSERS

are you an only child

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2021, 07:05:45 AM »
Expand Quote
dude its not just pros... like 99.9% of people on planet earth are fucking KOOKS

skate scenes are jsut full of over inflated egos and kook city

no one actually willing to help you out when it comes down to it

there are 2 mini ramps locally i could be skating in the winter but since i am not one of the bros its not happening. fucking wack that people in my area i have skated with like 10+ years i write them a message just asking if i could get a contact for the guy who owns the ramp... read the message and wont even reply!! smh

try to do events all the time message 30-40 guys to come to a session and lucky if 1-2 show up. usually its 0.

back in the day killed it in contests but always put to the bottom because i was nerdy and not as social as the others. i wasnt a male model either. at first i was like "meh its just subjective i guess" but then when after the contest MULTIPLE people are coming up to you saying "what did you get for first? what? you didnt even place?!?!" then it kinda sealed the deal for me... skateboarding is absolutely FULL OF KOOKS from top to bottom. fucking scooter scene LOSERS
[close]

are you an only child

Lol

What does that have to do with anything?
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

cky enthusiast

« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2021, 07:55:37 AM »
lack of personal introspection is a hallmark of being an only child

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2021, 08:10:48 AM »
85% of these are just people being weird and expecting other people to be overly nice about it

IpathCats

« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2021, 08:21:48 AM »
Me

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2021, 08:27:44 AM »
85% of these are just people being weird and expecting other people to be overly nice about it

Frank and Fred

« Reply #254 on: October 26, 2021, 08:48:56 AM »
I've skated with a couple of unmasked BAKU cvlt members and they were exceptionally nice until we hit the tiny QP that goes to vert and then it was absolute terror.

Heywood Jeblowme

• Rep: -23
« Reply #255 on: October 26, 2021, 09:14:54 AM »
Tony Miroana hands down this biggest asshole and Coke headed cool guy.

My friend and I helped bring bags of concrete to boardertown, we skated it all the time, brought food for the BBQ, etc etc. Everyone was cool in that 2007-2010 Oakland scene like Albino and even Peabody (although he was awkward quiet).

My buddy is regular like Tony M and had better lines than him in his own park. Tony tried to say “we were cut”. We kept going and every time we saw Tony he would throw a bottle at us or say we needed to get him beer. He was the most pathetic, butthurt, manchild I’ve ever met in my life, not just in skateboarding. We had other encounters with him at Lower Bobs and a pool in the Oakland Hills.

Heywood Jeblowme

• Rep: -23
« Reply #256 on: October 26, 2021, 09:18:09 AM »
https://youtu.be/S6rRtAaqIvE

Here he is doing the better lines

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1117
« Reply #257 on: October 26, 2021, 09:22:16 AM »

"Jamie Thomas told my friend not to steal stuff from him"
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #258 on: October 26, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »
Chris Cole :

He was at the same demo, went to him mid demo (which was stupid to think about it) he signed my shirt and told me " you think the crowd would go crazy if i do this first try? " and before i could answer he did a kickflip fs 50 first go down a crazy rail.. and yes. the crowd went nuts, really cool dude.

I wasn't there but zero was doing a demo at a local indoor park and my friend asked Cole to back 3 kickflip the double set jokingly. The story went that Cole said, "oh that's for the ender." As he smirked, winked and skated away. Like an hour later, he went and did it first try and the place went wild.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #259 on: October 26, 2021, 10:27:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Chris Cole :

[close]

I wasn't there but zero was doing a demo at a local indoor park and my friend asked Cole to back 3 kickflip the double set jokingly. The story went that Cole said, "oh that's for the ender." As he smirked, winked and skated away. Like an hour later, he went and did it first try and the place went wild.

If both of these are true it made me love Chris Cole even more lmao what a geek.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Mr. Stinky

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #260 on: October 26, 2021, 10:28:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Chris Cole :

[close]

These stories make him sound like some kind of benevolent, enchanted skate trickster who lives in a hollow tree or something. 

vhsfisheye

« Reply #261 on: October 26, 2021, 10:29:43 AM »
Expand Quote
When i was 14 i went to Barcelona with my twin to skate and ended up at Macba for the first time

Zero/Mystery a Demo in Europe, Amsterdam.. Me and my twin got picked out to help with the product toss.
[close]

Twins for the wiiin.  Twins done did it agaiiin.

He success and I’m finesse

Keyser_Soze

« Reply #262 on: October 26, 2021, 10:33:52 AM »
I have met a lot of pros back then, either from demos or just random encounters at well known spots. Most of them seemed pretty cool for the most part. One that really came off as a jerk to me though was Ishod. I was really bummed because he was one of my favorite skaters at the time. I introduced myself, said I was a big fan of his skating, and attempted to shake his hand. He just gave me the most puzzled looking face, blew off my handshake and completely “cool guy’d” me. From that moment on I stopped being a fan of his and could care less about his skating now.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #263 on: October 26, 2021, 11:55:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"Jamie Thomas told my friend not to steal stuff from him"
“Chris wimer does the gnarliest tricks I’ve ever seen then makes out with babes, totally not the coolest dude at the park, what a lame guy”

Tyroneshoelaces

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -597
  • who knows
« Reply #264 on: October 26, 2021, 12:27:32 PM »
Tyshawn, sage and strobeck were nice and cool as shit.

Grant Taylor was a complete asshole to everyone but I still love his skating.

Tosh Townsend back in the day was such a little shit haha
where is home?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #265 on: October 26, 2021, 12:46:05 PM »
Tony Miroana hands down this biggest asshole and Coke headed cool guy.

My friend and I helped bring bags of concrete to boardertown, we skated it all the time, brought food for the BBQ, etc etc. Everyone was cool in that 2007-2010 Oakland scene like Albino and even Peabody (although he was awkward quiet).

My buddy is regular like Tony M and had better lines than him in his own park. Tony tried to say “we were cut”. We kept going and every time we saw Tony he would throw a bottle at us or say we needed to get him beer. He was the most pathetic, butthurt, manchild I’ve ever met in my life, not just in skateboarding. We had other encounters with him at Lower Bobs and a pool in the Oakland Hills.

I have definitely seen that behavior, but to be fair, he's been sober for a while now and has a family and a full time job.  You wouldn't even know he was the same person.  It's crazy. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Crusty Grundle

« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2021, 12:56:14 PM »
Mark Partain... late 80's. The dude laughed at me when I ate shit doing a backside boardslide. When I stood up, the sun was low in the sky and shining from behind me, he starts making fun of my ears because they stick out and he can see the sun glowing through my ears. Then he makes a few comments about my big teeth. I was about 12 years old and this crushed me. He then told me to practice falling some more. With my eyes getting all watery, I told him to fuck off and I split.

dustyassrocketswitchv

• Rep: -128
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2021, 04:42:06 PM »
if you sign my board in the middle of a demo I will suck your dick but god forbid any of you pros react in a normal human manner, straight to the message boards! 
big texas cummer

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2021, 05:38:12 PM »

Tosh Townsend came into the skateshop I was working at and tried to get me to quit my job and begin selling pH balancing water purification systems with him. It was really strange but aside from that he was pretty nice

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #269 on: October 26, 2021, 07:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tosh Townsend came into the skateshop I was working at and tried to get me to quit my job and begin selling pH balancing water purification systems with him. It was really strange but aside from that he was pretty nice
this is why i stay on slap