Author Topic: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person  (Read 47953 times)

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Re: Skaters Who Are Jerks in Person
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2021, 02:23:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Tony Miroana hands down this biggest asshole and Coke headed cool guy.

My friend and I helped bring bags of concrete to boardertown, we skated it all the time, brought food for the BBQ, etc etc. Everyone was cool in that 2007-2010 Oakland scene like Albino and even Peabody (although he was awkward quiet).

My buddy is regular like Tony M and had better lines than him in his own park. Tony tried to say “we were cut”. We kept going and every time we saw Tony he would throw a bottle at us or say we needed to get him beer. He was the most pathetic, butthurt, manchild I’ve ever met in my life, not just in skateboarding. We had other encounters with him at Lower Bobs and a pool in the Oakland Hills.
[close]

More Tmo Stories please

Dude has the weirdest fucking life of all time😂

Tony was the hometown hero when i was growing up, and was usually pretty cool back in the day.  Absolute ripper.  Used to be vegan, listened to Joy Division, skated in dress shoes.  I remember skating downtown New Orleans one night and he rolled by out of nowhere, backside 50d up a handicap rail, and skated off without saying a word. 

Then he moved to SF and decided he was gonna be Travis Bickle.  He was always cordial with me when I ran into him, but he was in a different kick then for sure.  He has a kid now, and I hear he’s sober and doing well/got his head on straight fwiw. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2021, 02:50:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
SPoT was my local in early/mid 2000s so lots of interesting stories…
PJ Ladd was a dick at a demo once, refused to skate and a little kid came up to him for an autograph and he said no and it pissed Clements off. Why even come to the demo?

Dyrdek while filming Street Dreams, no explanation needed. So cringe.

Yonnie Cruz has always been a douche bag.

Shit, my brain isn’t working anymore at the moment. But some good experiences: Navs, Svitak, Trujillo surprisingly was super nice, Alfaro, and Todd Jordan. Todd was the ultimate sweetheart.
[close]

1:58

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hMUjOF-0Xwc
[close]
Too bad about the bumper at the end for the Keelan Dadd/Baby Scumbag interview that has no doubt been scrubbed from the internet years ago

https://youtu.be/vkFtO2dtm7w

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2021, 02:52:32 PM »
A friend and I were at Agenda as buyers a few years back and we ran into Jeremy Klein at his hookups booth.  As any appreciative, former horn-dog would, I walked up to him and said "Dude Jeremy, just wanted to stop by and say I'm a fan of what you've done. Thank you for your contributions to the skate world." and I held out my hand for a fist bump, handshake, or whatever. He looks at my buddy and I and just says "okay" followed by silence and no movement. After realizing that was the extent of our encounter, my friend and I walked off and were just like "Fuck that guy, what a kook" and that has remained my opinion of him to this day.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Upsidedown5-0grind

• Rep: 1
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2021, 06:57:18 PM »
Went to a Vert Demo in Fresno, a long ass time ago, and Gator was there.

Gator slipped out of something and totally Rocket'ed his Board off the side of the ramp & into the crowd.

Straight up nailed this Chick in the back of the head.

Complete knock out !! With a heavy f'n 80s board, it was pretty brutal.

He went down & checked on her but kept skating shortly after.

True ass story

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2021, 07:28:38 PM »
Went to a Vert Demo in Fresno, a long ass time ago, and Gator was there.

Gator slipped out of something and totally Rocket'ed his Board off the side of the ramp & into the crowd.

Straight up nailed this Chick in the back of the head.

Complete knock out !! With a heavy f'n 80s board, it was pretty brutal.

He went down & checked on her but kept skating shortly after.

True ass story

I get that Gator probably belongs here, but what else was he meant to do in that situation, finish the job?

alecjahr

• Rep: -108
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2021, 07:59:56 PM »
Idk if this dude was ever really pro. But turp was a bitch.

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65427
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #306 on: November 19, 2021, 06:24:49 PM »
Mike Hastie comes to mind. He would always skate around the park with this hood up and had the worst attitude, like he was pissed at every kid that would get near him. Super unapproachable vibes.

Of the RDS guys I can confirm that Paul Mach and Chris Haslam were both solid though. They never talked down to anyone and just felt like a part of the crew. I remember paul rolling up in his BWM with his gold RDS chain when I was a kid and was super intimated but he gave us all fist bumps and sat down just to talk. He'd then get up and noseblunt the biggest rail in the park with ease. Both good guys.

When I was 12 me and some friends got dropped off at the ladner park for a few hours by a friends parent. Mike Hastie was there trying to nollie noseslide the 3 stair rail. After about 15 minutes of not landing it he freaks out and focuses his board and then proceeded to come over to me and my friends and tell us to leave the park or he would “kick or asses”. All of us started packing our shit up and one of my friends (whom is closely affiliated with alltimers) says fuck that and straight up offered Hastie the fade. my friend was 13 but looked 25 and could handle his self. Mike looked him up and down and just said “go fuck yourselfs” and then just left. We had a great day skating the park and ive always thought Mike was a dick since that day. To be fair we have mutual friends now and he’s apparently mellowed out and is a chill family man now. Cheers Mike!

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #307 on: November 23, 2021, 11:18:58 PM »
Blake Carpenter from Toy Machine and Nike showed up at my trash local and cool guys the shit outta me, there was only 2 other people there, I tried to ask what's up when he rolled up, nothing. His board shot out and I kicked it back as he strolled over, said man you're raw as hell Noone skated this park so hard. Nothing, no thanks, no head nod, a smile. Fuck that dude. Not gonna lie he shredded the park though.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #308 on: November 24, 2021, 04:15:20 AM »
Blake Carpenter from Toy Machine and Nike showed up at my trash local and cool guys the shit outta me, there was only 2 other people there, I tried to ask what's up when he rolled up, nothing. His board shot out and I kicked it back as he strolled over, said man you're raw as hell Noone skated this park so hard. Nothing, no thanks, no head nod, a smile. Fuck that dude. Not gonna lie he shredded the park though.
are you sure thats not the Blake Carpenter from Creature and Vans?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 10:32:23 AM by wuust »

JimGeko

• Rep: -38
« Reply #309 on: November 24, 2021, 04:39:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
are you sure thats not the Blake Carpenter of Creature and Vans?

Nancy Carpenter the manicurist?
What do you say on a Slap signature?

I DON"T KNOW!

MASHED POTATO * APPLE SAUCE * BUTTERY... BISCUITS.

https://ephmedia.giphy.com/4e27e798-9a5d-4df3-87ba-b18f905e055a.gif

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #310 on: November 24, 2021, 11:00:48 AM »
Chad Fernandez injured my friend which took him out of the best trick comp because he lost his temper and flung his board indiscriminately into a group of skaters. It was horrible to watch.   Jacked his ankle. Happened at Thrasher's indoor park circa 2002. Dustin Dollon won the contest with a huge kick flip over the pyramid to 50-50 down the hubba on the other side. I recognized Chris Nieratko among the crowd and said hi but he just shrunk away and asked in a very concerned voice if he owed me money and how did I know his name.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 162
« Reply #311 on: November 24, 2021, 12:19:15 PM »

sounds like he was just too high to be in public

Shalom Peterson

• Rep: 21
« Reply #312 on: November 25, 2021, 08:20:51 PM »
I bumped into TJ at Tampa Pro 2017 or 18 and said 'hey tyshawn, welcome to florida' and he sucked his teeth and shook his head as if I tried him or something. Fuck Tyshawn. Supreme bought his SOTY award

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #313 on: November 25, 2021, 08:59:14 PM »
y’all have abysmal social skills

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #314 on: November 25, 2021, 09:18:14 PM »
I bumped into TJ at Tampa Pro 2017 or 18 and said 'hey tyshawn, welcome to florida' and he sucked his teeth and shook his head as if I tried him or something. Fuck Tyshawn. Supreme bought his SOTY award
Lol very sensitive
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

d0rk

• Rep: -21
« Reply #315 on: November 26, 2021, 01:33:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Lol very sensitive
Which one? lol

Stantwuan

• Rep: 0
« Reply #316 on: November 26, 2021, 05:01:13 AM »
mike v
biebel
Danny way

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #317 on: November 26, 2021, 06:52:10 AM »
I used to go to this indoor park sometimes that was $7 for two hours to skate, and Taylor Bingaman would be there (for free) yelling at kids to not skate certain areas of the park because he was filming.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #318 on: November 26, 2021, 09:00:02 AM »
I used to go to this indoor park sometimes that was $7 for two hours to skate, and Taylor Bingaman would be there (for free) yelling at kids to not skate certain areas of the park because he was filming.
Who?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #319 on: November 26, 2021, 01:59:29 PM »
taylor bingaman

skatedudesmokeguy

• Rep: -12
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2021, 02:02:53 PM »
I've heard a few times that Paul Hart is a jerk.

I've met him around Jacksonville a couple of times, always really cool to me and everyone around!

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2021, 04:22:12 PM »
Heath kirchart was a racist piece of shit when I met him. Straight up a disgusting human being. I hope he changed at some point but he was a trumper way before that was even a thing. Sucks to put this out there because he is obviously amazing on a board but off of one he sucks. Fuck Heath.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -765
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2021, 04:31:53 PM »
Ouch

Can you elaborate
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2021, 04:56:34 PM »
Ouch

Can you elaborate
Yeah sure. We were in Idaho Falls. Heath was there for a foundation demo and we were skating in the streets and a guy with brown skin honked their horn as we were blocking the street, Heath responded by telling the guy to go back to the country he came from and also said spic or beaner, I don’t exactly remember which racist adjective he used as I was livid at that point. He sucked. He sucked a lot. I was reluctant in posting this as I know his skating is amazing and so many people love him but he was a huge ass….hopefully he changed his ways but I haven’t seen anything to make me think so.

companguero

• Rep: 247
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2021, 05:20:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Ouch

Can you elaborate
[close]
Yeah sure. We were in Idaho Falls. Heath was there for a foundation demo and we were skating in the streets and a guy with brown skin honked their horn as we were blocking the street, Heath responded by telling the guy to go back to the country he came from and also said spic or beaner, I don’t exactly remember which racist adjective he used as I was livid at that point. He sucked. He sucked a lot. I was reluctant in posting this as I know his skating is amazing and so many people love him but he was a huge ass….hopefully he changed his ways but I haven’t seen anything to make me think so.

Hm … no knights in white satin coming to his defense.

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

sKINGraft

• Rep: 28
  • space doo-doo pistols
« Reply #325 on: December 01, 2021, 12:13:38 AM »
Expand Quote
I've heard a few times that Paul Hart is a jerk.
[close]

I've met him around Jacksonville a couple of times, always really cool to me and everyone around!

Are you white

CliffCoughman

« Reply #326 on: December 01, 2021, 01:07:38 AM »
Yo fuck Paul Hart and fuck Florida

nickpaolucci

« Reply #327 on: December 01, 2021, 06:11:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Ouch

Can you elaborate
[close]

Wow. Tyshawn's sticker guy sounds like a POS.

benboardbreaker

• Rep: 51
« Reply #328 on: December 01, 2021, 07:46:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tony Miroana hands down this biggest asshole and Coke headed cool guy.

My friend and I helped bring bags of concrete to boardertown, we skated it all the time, brought food for the BBQ, etc etc. Everyone was cool in that 2007-2010 Oakland scene like Albino and even Peabody (although he was awkward quiet).

My buddy is regular like Tony M and had better lines than him in his own park. Tony tried to say “we were cut”. We kept going and every time we saw Tony he would throw a bottle at us or say we needed to get him beer. He was the most pathetic, butthurt, manchild I’ve ever met in my life, not just in skateboarding. We had other encounters with him at Lower Bobs and a pool in the Oakland Hills.
[close]

More Tmo Stories please

Dude has the weirdest fucking life of all time😂
[close]

Tony was the hometown hero when i was growing up, and was usually pretty cool back in the day.  Absolute ripper.  Used to be vegan, listened to Joy Division, skated in dress shoes.  I remember skating downtown New Orleans one night and he rolled by out of nowhere, backside 50d up a handicap rail, and skated off without saying a word. 

Then he moved to SF and decided he was gonna be Travis Bickle.  He was always cordial with me when I ran into him, but he was in a different kick then for sure.  He has a kid now, and I hear he’s sober and doing well/got his head on straight fwiw.

Good stories. I have had awkward meet ups with several people from the 18 crew. Peabody, Julien Stranger acted as an absolute teenager, when he was an grown man. He was a horrible person and every one let him just because he was Julien Stranger. I am big fan of both T-MO's and Strangers skating, but fuck them as persons.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1134
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #329 on: December 01, 2021, 08:31:24 AM »
he’s a capricorn it’s not that deep