Author Topic: Clutch O shape  (Read 1362 times)

TheLowerBack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
Clutch O shape
« on: September 23, 2020, 10:51:15 PM »
Has anyone tried these? What did you like, or dislike?

ish_wav

• Rep: 96
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Clutch O shape
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 03:37:40 PM »
One of my fav shape I’ve ever ridden. Had a small run made for a little brand I was trying to start. I wish I could get my hands on an 8.1 O shape

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 04:11:05 PM »
Was just looking at these, for a personal stock up stash.

Is the wood closer to BBS or PSStix?

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 04:59:17 PM »

TheLowerBack

• GTU/FWD
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
A0 shape? Don’t see O

https://www.clutchdistribution.com/shapes.html
Their website isn’t up to date. It’s on their IG. I’m ignorant and don’t know how to link. It’s a square-ish, FA/WKND type shape

TheLowerBack

• GTU/FWD
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 05:46:04 PM »

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 05:57:51 PM »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »
Wood is between PS and BBS. I had a Clutch this summer. Felt amazing for the first couple off weeks but then mushed out pretty quick. I'd buy again but under no illusion it would last long.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 06:19:12 AM »
Easily my favorite clutch shape, and one of my favorites from anywhere. They're kind of like a happy medium between the mellow quasi 8.25 and the steep FA/hockey shape. They can be difficult to track down but the ones I've had were hotel blue and coda. They're kind of short (my 8.25 is just over 31.5 and the 8.38 was about the same) but have a 14.25wb which is a plus for me but could be a problem if you don't like compact decks. If you find some other than coda/hotel blue then post them here, I'm always on the lookout for them

Paperclip20

• Rep: 135
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 07:55:51 AM »
Does anyone know if clutch does small sample runs to individuals? Their symmetrical shape is absolutely perfect for me and I love skating blanks. Already messaged them on instagram also, hoping to hear back soon

TheLowerBack

• GTU/FWD
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 07:08:18 PM »
Does anyone know if clutch does small sample runs to individuals? Their symmetrical shape is absolutely perfect for me and I love skating blanks. Already messaged them on instagram also, hoping to hear back soon

Smallest run they do is 25 blank decks, but they’re 3-6 months out on production right now.

TheLowerBack

• GTU/FWD
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 07:11:06 PM »
Easily my favorite clutch shape, and one of my favorites from anywhere. They're kind of like a happy medium between the mellow quasi 8.25 and the steep FA/hockey shape. They can be difficult to track down but the ones I've had were hotel blue and coda. They're kind of short (my 8.25 is just over 31.5 and the 8.38 was about the same) but have a 14.25wb which is a plus for me but could be a problem if you don't like compact decks. If you find some other than coda/hotel blue then post them here, I'm always on the lookout for them
Good to know thanks. I’m hoping to place my order this week, just waiting to hear back from the rep. I’ll hit you up in 3-6 months once they finally ship, haha.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 849
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 08:04:22 PM »

I think Chapman has a small minimum (25?) and they use clutch blanks so you could try hitting them up. Clutch customer service has been excellent in my experience, they actually answered me on IG and actively looked for recent orders of O shapes for me. Most woodshops just ignore me when I ask shit like that, so that's always a plus in my book.

Good to know thanks. I’m hoping to place my order this week, just waiting to hear back from the rep. I’ll hit you up in 3-6 months once they finally ship, haha.

Yeah definitely let me know. Are you just getting blanks or are you doing graphics?

TheLowerBack

• GTU/FWD
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 08:19:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think Chapman has a small minimum (25?) and they use clutch blanks so you could try hitting them up. Clutch customer service has been excellent in my experience, they actually answered me on IG and actively looked for recent orders of O shapes for me. Most woodshops just ignore me when I ask shit like that, so that's always a plus in my book.

Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah definitely let me know. Are you just getting blanks or are you doing graphics?
Two graphics, top and bottom, split between different sizes. Something like-one graphic 8.25 and 8.5 and the other 8.38 and 8.63. Pretty sure I’m only going to run the O shape, looks and sounds what I and my “business partner” want to ride.

munchbox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 863
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 05:22:54 PM »
since you are doing the order, do you know the wheelbase of the 8.63?
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo