Author Topic: Simon Bannerot - gnarly bs hurricane  (Read 4980 times)

blurst_of_times

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
Simon Bannerot - gnarly bs hurricane
« on: September 26, 2020, 08:14:07 AM »
I thought that this was nuts, and had to share.
Lakai ad from the November 2020 Thrasher. Photo by Sam Cole

There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Re: Simon Bannerot - gnarly bs hurricane
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 08:42:22 AM »
Damn! Can't wait to see the footage. I feel like I've seen other tricks at this spot. Maybe Colllin?

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:47:41 AM »
Damn! Can't wait to see the footage. I feel like I've seen other tricks at this spot. Maybe Colllin?

it's been in a ton of stuff, there's the famous stair set on the other side. Garfield High School but it's technically Medgar Evers Pool. https://youtu.be/FembK7WaQBs

it's been on KOTR and anytime a team comes through the NW they stop there

this is fucked though

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 09:08:49 AM »
Looks Danger-ous

Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2020, 09:19:28 AM »
That is absolute insanity!  That spot is hard to skate and getting to the top is way beyond what I can imagine

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
So close to the edge too. Imagine having to turn back more than 180 on that little piece of rough concrete almost two stories high. 

disintegration

• Rep: -113
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 09:42:27 AM »
Didn't Nick Garcia back nose blunt this thing?

Glurmpz

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 09:54:39 AM »

This.

Not that Simon's trick (and anything on that) isn't gnarly, but Nick kinda did the dream trick of tricks to shut that spot down. I'd hate to be the guy to step to it after it had been back noseblunted.

GumOnMyGrip

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Rep: 220
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 11:45:58 AM »
Looks Danger-ous

Wonder what ever happened to Danger?
He got totalled  a lot...

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 12:07:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

Not that Simon's trick (and anything on that) isn't gnarly, but Nick kinda did the dream trick of tricks to shut that spot down. I'd hate to be the guy to step to it after it had been back noseblunted.
i think blunt fakie will be the crown once someone finally does it, a couple have claimed it. also dont forget that nolan johnson did back boneless on it, which is arguably the most fucked

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 32
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 12:12:25 PM »

Where can I see this!?

BrockSamson

• Rep: 3
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 12:21:05 PM »
pretty sure it's the same spot Simon had that absurd wallride in that latest Girl video, so interesting that he also apparently got this and didn't make the vid.

full Simon Bannerot part coming?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 12:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Where can I see this!?
Right!

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 12:30:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Where can I see this!?
[close]
Right!

I saw a clip of it on IG. I think the Element account posted it. Eric Winkowski has also done some gnarly shit on it, including an invert.

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2020, 12:33:59 PM »

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 12:48:21 PM »

Glurmpz

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 12:55:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

[close]
i think blunt fakie will be the crown once someone finally does it, a couple have claimed it. also dont forget that nolan johnson did back boneless on it, which is arguably the most fucked

In what world is a blunt fakie or a backside boneless harder than a back noseblunt? Lol. Who's Nolan Johnson?

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 01:04:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

it's been in a ton of stuff, there's the famous stair set on the other side. Garfield High School but it's technically Medgar Evers Pool.

this is fucked though
Thanks! There's a few more tricks that went down here I'm trying to remember. Maybe even Cobra. Invert is scary to think about.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 01:22:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

it's been in a ton of stuff, there's the famous stair set on the other side. Garfield High School but it's technically Medgar Evers Pool.

this is fucked though
[close]
Thanks! There's a few more tricks that went down here I'm trying to remember. Maybe even Cobra. Invert is scary to think about.

Did cobra do kicky bs wall ride?

Also, bs noseblunt is definitely the dream trick but I’d way rather try that then a blunt fakie! Imagine popping into that thing fakie!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2020, 01:25:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

[close]
[close]

In what world is a blunt fakie or a backside boneless harder than a back noseblunt? Lol. Who's Nolan Johnson?

you don't think trying to pop back in fakie is harder? i do, personally.

nolan used to skate for welcome. i think back boneless was in this, but video is now private, post welcome drama. https://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/just-nipples-all-city-showdown-2013-welcome-edit/

he created his own company, skram, and still skates

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2020, 01:25:41 PM »
I can't find the clip but Raven did the shoeless roll in from the top on KOTR, that was so fucked.

Christmas Complete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2020, 01:34:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This.

[close]
[close]

[close]

you don't think trying to pop back in fakie is harder? i do, personally.

nolan used to skate for welcome. i think back boneless was in this, but video is now private, post welcome drama. https://skateboarding.transworld.net/videos/just-nipples-all-city-showdown-2013-welcome-edit/

he created his own company, skram, and still skates

I'm with Glurmpz on this one. I've done blunt to fakie on stuff I would never even think about nose blunting.
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2020, 01:39:17 PM »
bs noseblunt is a more technically challenging trick but blunt fakie is just asking for trouble, so gnarly.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2020, 01:48:08 PM »
i think a blunt fakie would be harder to recover from.  you fuck up on that, you're going like 20 feet down, whereas back noseblunt you could at least potentially run out of.

this is of course something i'd never, ever try, so my opinion is a very small one

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2020, 03:42:08 PM »
i think a blunt fakie would be harder to recover from.  you fuck up on that, you're going like 20 feet down, whereas back noseblunt you could at least potentially run out of.

this, if somebody forced me to do a blunt trick on this spot i'd much rather try a switch blunt than a blunt to fakie. rolling down this shit switch would be fucked. a blunt to fakie isn't necessarily harder than a back noseblunt, but it's definitely less "safe" of a trick
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

Glurmpz

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2020, 04:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

this, if somebody forced me to do a blunt trick on this spot i'd much rather try a switch blunt than a blunt to fakie. rolling down this shit switch would be fucked. a blunt to fakie isn't necessarily harder than a back noseblunt, but it's definitely less "safe" of a trick

So, I've had this discussion with people before and it comes down to one thing - apparently a lot of people feel less confident coming in fakie on tricks. But, there's also a lot of people like myself who that really makes no difference to. I'm not less likely to slip out or fuck up just because I'm coming in forward. In fact, personally, I suck at coming in straight out of noseblunts and hence would rather try a blunt fakie on anything before a noseblunt coming straight in. It all depends on the person. So take away the person to person comfort with tricks and you're comparing a blunt fakie to a backside noseblunt. There's a reason any variation of a backside noseblunt, sliding or not, is held as one of the pinnacles of difficulty. Skaters do blunt fakies all the time on vert. People lose their shit if someone does a back noseblunt on vert.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1558
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2020, 05:06:06 PM »
Fuck man, Simon is sick.

I can’t find the video where Nolan does the boneless but there is this.

:43 seconds, right when flux of pink indians starts playing.

https://youtu.be/TGTicCt_Pss
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2020, 05:40:54 PM »
This blunt to fakie vs bs noseblunt argument is nonsense. Which would you rather do on a quarter pipe? I don’t get the rational that this wouldn’t scale up. Every kid and their dog can blunt to fakie, whereas bs noseblunts are a lot less common. I’m also one of the weirdos who’s more comfortable rolling fakie.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »
i one time hung up coming in fake and cracked my the tip of my elbow and it's never been the same since.

which is to say, this argument makes sense, and i get it. imma be real, back noseblunt hurts my head to watch, and blunt fakie hurts my head to think about

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2020, 06:35:26 PM »
Enumclaw proud