Author Topic: Simon Bannerot - gnarly bs hurricane  (Read 5003 times)

notmikerusczyk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Simon Bannerot - gnarly bs hurricane
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2020, 10:55:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
has anyone done even a rock to fakie yet? Seems like that would be one of the first to get scratched off. My 2 cents: blunt fakie would be gnarlier than bs noseblunt but both are incomprehensible
[close]
1:25

[close]

Dudes who are good at blunts could pop it in and ride it out exactly the same as that rock fakie.

Maybe I'm just oddly NOT comfortable popping straight in out of noseblunts? I always revert to fakie. I could never skate the thing at Garfield but if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to try a blunt fakie or a back noseblunt I'm sure as hell choosing the blunt fakie.
i would also choose blunt fakie, as i know i'd have no chance at getting into/out of the back noseblunt. there's no dispute that technicality-wise, back nb is harder. however i just think that wayyy more can go wrong in a blunt fakie, and i do think that in this scenario, rolling back down that wall blindly makes both the tricks equal in skill. popping back into that wall is a lot different then just lifting back into it like on that rock fakie

Glurmpz

« Reply #61 on: September 28, 2020, 11:16:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
has anyone done even a rock to fakie yet? Seems like that would be one of the first to get scratched off. My 2 cents: blunt fakie would be gnarlier than bs noseblunt but both are incomprehensible
[close]
1:25

[close]

Dudes who are good at blunts could pop it in and ride it out exactly the same as that rock fakie.

Maybe I'm just oddly NOT comfortable popping straight in out of noseblunts? I always revert to fakie. I could never skate the thing at Garfield but if someone put a gun to my head and said I had to try a blunt fakie or a back noseblunt I'm sure as hell choosing the blunt fakie.
[close]
i would also choose blunt fakie, as i know i'd have no chance at getting into/out of the back noseblunt. there's no dispute that technicality-wise, back nb is harder. however i just think that wayyy more can go wrong in a blunt fakie, and i do think that in this scenario, rolling back down that wall blindly makes both the tricks equal in skill. popping back into that wall is a lot different then just lifting back into it like on that rock fakie

Blindly? Why would it be blind? I had a hunch that was the issue - you think of riding fakie as looking the opposite way you’re rolling. And yeah, if you don’t look where you’re going when riding switch it would be sketchier. I don’t do blunts that way, which explains my point of view.

Watch the clip of the rock fakie again and pay attention to the body language and where the skater is looking. Also notice how the kink was no issue riding fakie.

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2020, 05:14:04 PM »
i went there, sat at the top of the steps and ate a two piece from ezell's, and just could not wrap my mind around how anyone has done anything on the lip, even with a tow-in. it's just so ridiculously fucked
:) I must have been tripping last night

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2020, 06:56:10 PM »
Everyone has a blunt fakie friend..........no one has a back nose blunt friend.....

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2020, 02:11:36 AM »
I'd much rather try a blunt fakie. Bs noseblunt I'd probably slip out on to the deck and fall face first down that thing, while blunt would be much safer to get into. Then again, someone who is actually good at bs nbs might feel different

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2020, 04:37:07 AM »
for a weird reason i always thought, the school was named jimi hendrix high school?

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2020, 07:20:38 AM »
i'd rather do a 900 to invert to switch back noseblunt tre flip 360 in but im just built different.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2020, 08:33:06 AM »
for a weird reason i always thought, the school was named jimi hendrix high school?
It's been called that in a few mags. Jimi Hendrix attended there if I remember correctly.