Author Topic: What's scarier?  (Read 1489 times)

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
What's scarier?
« on: September 28, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »
Been redoing the Jurassic Park and Alien movies and wondered what people think is the scarier.
Either the Alien or a Velociraptor?

Me, I go raptor. Something about them scares the shit outta me.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: What's scarier?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 10:38:41 AM »
Crossfit or pushing mongo?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 11:09:39 AM »
Been redoing the Jurassic Park and Alien movies and wondered what people think is the scarier.
Either the Alien or a Velociraptor?

Me, I go raptor. Something about them scares the shit outta me.

Alien. Raptors aren’t nearly as cunning.
i just revealed myself as a huge nerd 
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 11:12:44 AM »
Probably alien. At least that's what I was scared of when I was little.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 11:26:08 AM »
Fucking aliens dude, colonial marines would fuck a dinosaur up

And star lord fucking trained raptors man, nobody gonna train those alien fuckers
listen to cosmic psychos

Yu Dum

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 11:50:05 AM »
Maaan, raptors don't have shit on the Xenomorphs.
I'd rather try my hand at giant bird-lizards than extraterrestrials with acid for blood and a penchant for forced pregnancy.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 01:43:18 PM »
what if you took a shit but spiders came out
🤙

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
what if you took a shit but spiders came out

Guess I'll burn down my butthole 🤷‍♂️

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2020, 07:56:18 PM »
Xenomorphs. My kid has more than one raptor shirt. He’d shit himself if he saw Alien.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 12:41:49 AM »
blunt fakies or bs noseblunts?

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 10:07:39 AM »
Yea no debate here, Xenomorphs will fuck anything up.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1481
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »
Xenomorph blood is scarier than a raptor. Face huggers are scarier.

I'm scared of aliens.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 11:47:59 AM »
The raptors scare me more on a purely physical level. They could rip you apart in seconds in a one-on-one situation. The aliens on the other hand are kinda anthropomorphic and slightly less frightening in that sense. But in terms of existential threat to humanity aliens are definitely more threatening.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
I read Crichton's Jurassic Park before I saw the movie and was / am confused as to why Spielberg didn't include the rafting scene with the underwater T Rex. That would've been terrifying in the movie.
Anyways, the Xenomorph gets my vote.

Coolguy69

• Rep: 32
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 03:26:42 PM »
Xenomorph is way scarier.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 216
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2020, 06:48:05 PM »
I read Crichton's Jurassic Park before I saw the movie and was / am confused as to why Spielberg didn't include the rafting scene with the underwater T Rex. That would've been terrifying in the movie.
Doing a CGI water scene back then would have looked like complete shit. That's probably why.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
the alien is scarier. the raptor can't make you pregnant.

raptors were kinda cute irl actually.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2020, 08:55:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Doing a CGI water scene back then would have looked like complete shit. That's probably why.
Szechuan yeah I guess so. I still think they could've done it and gone the Jaws route by only showing a bit of the T Rex and leaving the heavy lifting up to the viewer's imagination and practical effects.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2020, 10:17:33 PM »
Wait... are we talking illigal aliens??

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2020, 02:26:34 AM »

Fucking love that book I always liked how you got diagrams in his books. I think some of his later stuff sucked the fat one but he wrote some great books that I still read every year or so. A lot of the movie versions of his books were awful IMO

I know fuck all about making a movie but I wanna say they coulda done it with the rex head prop just coming through the trees or something. I reckon the waterfall part wouldn’t have worked cause of the tongue tho it would have been accidentally hilarious
listen to cosmic psychos

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1201
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2020, 02:43:29 AM »
Don’t dinosaurologists now think that velociraptors were covered in a bunch of fruity-looking feathers?  I think that makes them look like big chickens and therefore a little less scary. 

How’d you like to have one of those baby xenomorphs latched on and just going balls deep on your face? 

Both are scary though.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2020, 03:01:13 AM »

You reminded me of this, Sneaky

Edit
They don’t kill heaps of people but nobody fucks with them. That middle claw can rip a person right down the middle, has happened
listen to cosmic psychos

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2020, 04:34:31 AM »
how can some of you not be afraid of the xenomorph and all his forms into adulthood. the facehugger is basically a naked oppossum with no head, but a vagina mouth on its belly and spider legs. and if it gets you it shoves its tentacle dick-tongue down your lungs. then some little asshole xenomorph just erupts out of your chestcavity a while later unannounced, leaving you dead and dumbfounded.

xenos are also needlessly cruel. we don't even know if they need to eat as there is little evidence in the films that they actually eat what they kill and they might just use the bodies to give them to the queen and might be fed by her. they for sure don't put every kill to use. they seem to decide on the go if they just kill for fun or if they somehow manage to just incapacitate and in what way, shape or form  manage to bring the victim to the hive to put in a cocoon for later insemination, or whatever.

so the horror of the xenomorphs is that there is all other kinds of shit apart from just getting killed that could happen to you while being kept alive most likely very painfully by the hive structure. or, you know, xeno pregnancy. who wants this over getting straight up eaten by raptors. i'll take the plain deal everytime. sure, the raptors would probably fuck with me a bit as well, but they want to eat, so they won't fuss about and exhaust themselves too much killing me.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1201
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2020, 07:12:49 AM »
And their blood is “molecular acid”.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1587
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2020, 01:42:04 PM »
Xenomorphs by far.

They mouf has a fucking mouf!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2020, 02:14:12 PM »
Raptors are easier to camouflage. I could see the alien from a kilometre away. Plus the alien couldn't fit into my apartment building elevator.

A raptor could easily hide behind Circle K's dumpster and bite the shit out of me whenever it wanted to, but I would most definitely see the alien's shiny phallic head sticking out of said dumpster as I walk out of the store with my McCain's chocolate cake.

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2020, 04:39:38 PM »
Aliens don’t got shit on Predators

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2020, 06:21:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Szechuan yeah I guess so. I still think they could've done it and gone the Jaws route by only showing a bit of the T Rex and leaving the heavy lifting up to the viewer's imagination and practical effects.

I can see Spielberg having a pull panic attack/breakdown once someone mentioned putting the animatronic T-rex head in water and him having massive Jaws flashbacks.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2020, 09:24:34 PM »
Raptors are easier to camouflage. I could see the alien from a kilometre away. Plus the alien couldn't fit into my apartment building elevator.

A raptor could easily hide behind Circle K's dumpster and bite the shit out of me whenever it wanted to, but I would most definitely see the alien's shiny phallic head sticking out of said dumpster as I walk out of the store with my McCain's chocolate cake.

All of this.

@frank Jurassic park was only populated with female dinosaurs. Whether it’s a raptor or me, somebody is fuckin’

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2020, 11:41:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

All of this.

@frank Jurassic park was only populated with female dinosaurs. Whether it’s a raptor or me, somebody is fuckin’

that some serious big brain detail memory. i think they mentioned that in the beginning but i totally forgot about that, ha. nice.

i still stand by the fact that raptors are more relatable and thus they totally lack the cosmic horror aspect the xenomorph brings to the table. even if the xenomorph has antropomorph features, its way of life and reasons for his extreme territorial behavior are so unclear and absurd that the appearance can't make up for it.