Author Topic: Most embarrassing slams  (Read 5365 times)

ghettygreensili

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: Most embarrassing slams
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2020, 02:31:30 PM »
Something smaller, but I was hanging out at the local DIY. My girl at the time was there for some reason too. I'm riding my board and she yells something at me, I turn around my head on the board to look at her. and then I run straight into the flatbar, and fall flat on my face. She never let me live it down. Shit was sick.
Frontside grind blind on the government

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2020, 02:34:10 PM »
Expand Quote
i was at a school and tried to quick ollie down (what i thought was) a 6 stair real short notice in a line. Turned out it was a 12 stair, but I was already in the air when I realized it. Landed with the board straight up in my gooch nearly avoiding my balls on about the 6th stair, then did a frontflip out of that, landed on my neck, rolled a little bit, and then my board smacked me in the head.

it was my first time skating with some of the more established older dudes in my area so I was fuckin bummed.
they took me to taco bell after tho so i did get somethin out of it.
[close]

Holy shit I can't imagine what went through your head when you realized
just impending doom, im lucky it went as good as it did.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2020, 02:47:47 PM »
I broke my leg at Shields Skate Park in NJ about 15 years ago. Stepped on my board running down the mini-ramp off of a bailed trick. Normally if I sprained my ankle I would have the decency to slide my ass off the ramp, but my left foot was turned 90 degrees outwards and I was too freaked out to move.

I remember everyone coming up to check on me which is super awkward especially when you don’t know them. Then a skate homie I hadn’t seen for 5 years comes up and is having a conversation with me which is cool but I am flat on my back holding my leg and dude is just standing over me Flaunting the use of his legs.

The ultimate was calling my wife from the bottom of the ramp saying to meet me at a nearby hospital.

Also, I refused to have the EMTs cut my BA Saviers off, so they had to cut the laces and slowly remove the shoe.

lordrandall

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: -15
  • Your Uncles Favorite Uncle.
    • tokyo 19xx avatar image
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2020, 02:59:55 PM »
Rolling drop in at my local concrete. 3 foot quarter with no coping. But kinda has "coping" because years of grinding.  Anyways, I was learning them and felt confident after doing like 15 throughout the day. I say fuck it I'm gonna charge at it and lock in a good grind before dropping. Front truck locks and I get chucked to the bottom and it fucking sucked. I madea audible thud, my homies were like uhhhhhhh you okay? I got up and went home, hahahhahah. I was over it.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 96
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »
I broke my leg at Shields Skate Park in NJ about 15 years ago. Stepped on my board running down the mini-ramp off of a bailed trick. Normally if I sprained my ankle I would have the decency to slide my ass off the ramp, but my left foot was turned 90 degrees outwards and I was too freaked out to move.

I remember everyone coming up to check on me which is super awkward especially when you don’t know them. Then a skate homie I hadn’t seen for 5 years comes up and is having a conversation with me which is cool but I am flat on my back holding my leg and dude is just standing over me Flaunting the use of his legs.

The ultimate was calling my wife from the bottom of the ramp saying to meet me at a nearby hospital.

Also, I refused to have the EMTs cut my BA Saviers off, so they had to cut the laces and slowly remove the shoe.

mad respect to the EMTs for saving the shoes, good story

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2020, 04:01:52 PM »
Sunday morning coffee and bagel run w my old lady. On our way back ive got the coffees. We have to cross one of the busiest streets in my city so you have to time it just right. The time comes and i run throw my board down and get one hard push, i immediately hit a wheel size hole and eat shit in the middle of the street throwing coffee all over the place and a pack of cars now has to slow down and honk and shit. Really good bagel afterwards helped to ease the pain.

Gabagoolslide

• Rep: -85
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2020, 04:31:14 PM »
Passed a crusty bank to wall spot out of town on a day trip with my lady right when we first started dating. I scratched a few tricks on the bank but realized I’d have to full sprint and throw down to get on the wall. I kick the board as I’m throwing down and land face first and had pebbles stuck in my face. I was hurting for a good week. She says I ‘skate slow as fuck’ and anytime I come home a lil banged up she’s like ‘Oh poor baby, Did you try to skate fast?’

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2020, 04:35:55 PM »
Passed a crusty bank to wall spot out of town on a day trip with my lady right when we first started dating. I scratched a few tricks on the bank but realized I’d have to full sprint and throw down to get on the wall. I kick the board as I’m throwing down and land face first and had pebbles stuck in my face. I was hurting for a good week. She says I ‘skate slow as fuck’ and anytime I come home a lil banged up she’s like ‘Oh poor baby, Did you try to skate fast?’
she's a keeper  ;)

BroBruhBra

• Rep: -20
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
I just remembered that I got hit by my own car once, or rather I hit it.

I wanted to bomb this hill as my girlfriend and I were headed to a party that was at the bottom of it. So I stopped and told her to drive the car while I bombed the hill. For some reason I thought it would be fun to be like... right next to her. So she's driving, I'm fucking flying and at the bottom of the hill, where she had to keep going straight or maybe turn right, she turns left, right where I was going to zip by. I wound up hitting the back passenger side. Just straight into it. Sucked, got banged up and didn't enjoy the party.

Coolguy69

• Rep: 31
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2020, 05:38:13 PM »
I had a job working at an "organic-focused" grocery store, in a ritzy down town area. The parking lot was a little bit far and it gave me a nice little skate to work. One day, after it had rained the day before. I thought it had dried enough and i was feeling really good on my board. So I get to the point where there is a hill and i have to make a sharp turn into an alley. Well of course the alley was much wetter than the street. My board slides out from under me and my khaki colored pants are immediately soaking wet and covered in dirt and asphalt. Had to go into work and tell my boss i fell off my skateboard and needed to go change clothes. I was 26

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2020, 05:40:24 PM »
very recent slam theres this concrete/brick ledge with like bushes and plants in it in front of the university library that i can pretty much 5050 every try. Last time i went to campus there was a whole line of people there waiting to get covid tests. I was cruising thru so i thought i'd do a quick 5050 and impress somebody. As soon as i pop a squirrel comes running out of the bush right into where i was gonna land to grind so i kick the board away, land feet on the wax, slip out backwards and land folded on the ground :(

other than that yeah just like throwing down ur board with newish trucks and theyre still tight and u try to turn and it doesn't turn and u end up looking stupid as u either run off the board or do a couple really shitty pushes to catch ur balance

chris

• Rep: 402
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2020, 05:48:38 PM »
Trying to run out of a bailed something-or- other off of bump/boob at the (reasonably busy) skatepark. Stepped on the tail and the board shot straight up as I was lurching forward. The nose hit me straight in the throat.  Couldn’t talk for about fifteen minutes. 

Not a slam, but I also threw my back out once just hopping on my board at the same park.   Couldn’t move to get off and had to ride down a bank and into the flow bowl until I slowly came to a stop. I used my board as a cane to make it to my car. Two young kids saw the whole thing and looked at me like I was from another planet.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2020, 05:50:18 PM »
I was cruising around by the waterfront in Yokohama, and decided to cruise through the automatic doors to a mall and then get off my board.

Turns out I didn’t see the black mat just inside the doors and my wheels just dug in and stopped, and I was pitched right onto the floor inside, everyone looking at this this idiot white guy
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2020, 08:15:31 PM »
Rolling drop in at my local concrete. 3 foot quarter with no coping. But kinda has "coping" because years of grinding.  Anyways, I was learning them and felt confident after doing like 15 throughout the day. I say fuck it I'm gonna charge at it and lock in a good grind before dropping. Front truck locks and I get chucked to the bottom and it fucking sucked. I madea audible thud, my homies were like uhhhhhhh you okay? I got up and went home, hahahhahah. I was over it.

Roll ins are a poor risk reward equation. You rolled in? Yay! You get completely fucked up on a roll in? Worth it?

I've never been comfortable rolling in on anything bigger than 4 feet and if the run up wasn't frontside then fuck it completely.

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
I bailed a trick at the park, grabbed my board and went to run back up the 4 foot quarter. Foot slipped on the tranny and I went to catch the coping with my hand but instead punched the coping and broke my hand pretty good. Because I didn’t catch the coping with my hand my chin caught it and split open. Felt like a real dork.

Another one I left the pub pretty hammered. Threw my board down and went to push. Must have kicked the wheel because next thing the ground was coming straight for me. Didn’t have time to do anything about it. Skidded on my face for about a metre. I was almost too drunk to notice so I just get up and walk home as I hear a girl across the street say “holy shit is he ok”. Then I hear some guy say “well he got up and kept walking...”.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2020, 08:55:39 PM »
anytime you slam in front of a bus, bus station, bus exit, or into a bus driver coming out of his bus.

anytime people approach you afterwards asking you if you need help(i don't, not never, and you should, too).

anytime, for some reason, my pants weren't closed properly and my penis was visible for the glimpse of a second.

antime you fall on your spine or get credit carded and are not sure if you shat your pants or are about to.

slamming ollieing up a sidewalk always feels embarassing when it happens, no matter why. it's the best when you land in the perfect crack to stop you dead in your tracks.

slamming while skitching a car or bus all cool and chill.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2020, 08:57:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Roll ins are a poor risk reward equation. You rolled in? Yay! You get completely fucked up on a roll in? Worth it?

I've never been comfortable rolling in on anything bigger than 4 feet and if the run up wasn't frontside then fuck it completely.
Roll ins and blunt fakies have fucked me up way worse than any other tricks. When that shit goes wrong you just get thrown to flat.

ricky bobby

LiterallyRyan

• Rep: -19
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2020, 09:56:37 PM »
Pants fell down mid slappy once, that was a bit embarrassing.

Non-skating embarrassment that just happened recently: I was walking in the mall and some tough guy turd was mad dogging me for no reason so I stared him down too and I ended up slipping because my converse were wet. I didn't fall but I looked regular as fuck trying to catch myself.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2020, 02:57:37 AM »
One time I bought a 6 pack of beers in glass bottles and skated back to my cousins house. I rolled off a curb but I didn't realize that the pavement in front of it was so fucked up and crusty. My back wheels got caught and I eat shit hard and all of the bottles break. There were 2 drivers at stop signs that witnessed this and I just skated off and left my broken beers and dignity in the street.
I had a similar experience but with a 12er luckily 7 of them didn’t break

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2020, 03:05:44 AM »
Trying to run out of a bailed something-or- other off of bump/boob at the (reasonably busy) skatepark. Stepped on the tail and the board shot straight up as I was lurching forward. The nose hit me straight in the throat.  Couldn’t talk for about fifteen minutes. 

Not a slam, but I also threw my back out once just hopping on my board at the same park.   Couldn’t move to get off and had to ride down a bank and into the flow bowl until I slowly came to a stop. I used my board as a cane to make it to my car. Two young kids saw the whole thing and looked at me like I was from another planet.
I hope you’re back is better and thanks for the chuckle

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2020, 03:36:19 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhNSEmptXvQ&ab_channel=FUCKGINOnPOPS

this is me approaching any hubba nowadays, too. it's called getting into woodworking, but makes you put more effort in having a nice push going.

Pants fell down mid slappy once, that was a bit embarrassing.

Non-skating embarrassment that just happened recently: I was walking in the mall and some tough guy turd was mad dogging me for no reason so I stared him down too and I ended up slipping because my converse were wet. I didn't fall but I looked regular as fuck trying to catch myself.

lmao, thx for the mall story.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2020, 03:42:46 AM »
Showed up at the park one day with my brother.  Put my board down, did a kickturn on a quarter, went to manual a curb and caught my back truck and just ragdolled onto the curb and twisted my ankle.  As I was laying there a kid rolled up to me and said, "How long have you been skating?"  (I'm 45 and have been skating for 31 years.)  It was the insult to the injury that made it noteworthy.
do more yoga!

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2020, 04:45:10 AM »
Showed up at the park one day with my brother.  Put my board down, did a kickturn on a quarter, went to manual a curb and caught my back truck and just ragdolled onto the curb and twisted my ankle.  As I was laying there a kid rolled up to me and said, "How long have you been skating?"  (I'm 45 and have been skating for 31 years.)  It was the insult to the injury that made it noteworthy.

I would have gone with “five minutes” since you just got there. And then yelled GET OFF MY LAWN!

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2020, 06:30:00 AM »
very recent slam theres this concrete/brick ledge with like bushes and plants in it in front of the university library that i can pretty much 5050 every try. Last time i went to campus there was a whole line of people there waiting to get covid tests. I was cruising thru so i thought i'd do a quick 5050 and impress somebody. As soon as i pop a squirrel comes running out of the bush right into where i was gonna land to grind so i kick the board away, land feet on the wax, slip out backwards and land folded on the ground :(

Love the thought process/optimism in how you think doing a random 5050 is going to impress a bunch of people who are waiting to find out whether their next 2 weeks/health/work could be jeopardized by having rona. Made me smile at least, fair play for trying haha

Also a lot of you guys seem like skating with/infront of your girlfriends a whole lot. Never really got that too much, especially bringing your girl/guy to a DIY if they don't skate, like whaaaat

hank

• Rep: -33
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2020, 06:55:11 AM »
I broke my wrist because of 40 mm Wheels and a pebble

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2020, 08:47:25 AM »
My most embarrassing slam was when I was skating down the sidewalk at Pershing Square: There were two cute girls coming in my direction, I hit a little teeny tiny piece of pebble and went flying.

The sidewalk has a row of bushes on either side, and when my body hit the sidewalk I must have disturbed a rat nest because two fucking rats came scurrying out, they just crossed the sidewalk from one bush to the other. That part was scary, but of course the two girls screamed when they saw the rats and EVERYONE in downtown LA turned to look at the fat skateboarder laying on the sidewalk in front of the two girls screaming. *Shudder*

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
Skating down a hill in Ithaca following my gf to a bar. A caravan of drunk college girls started following behind me down the hill honking their horn and yelling shit. Wouldn’t get off my ass so I went to Ollie up the curb onto the sidewalk, hit a crack and went down hard. They stopped, laughed at me think someone was recording then drove off. My gf wanted to fight them lol

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2020, 09:48:06 AM »
this is me in the second clip after the drop-in to the sand. vertically clotheslined myself on the edge of a solid steel door as a resident of the house we were skating opened it. after i flew onto the concrete they silently stared at me in shock. i stood up and said "sorry we're leaving" without making eye contact. embarrassing because every chode in town with an Instagram felt the need to tell me they saw this and ask "how it feels to be on hall of meat" with a straight face. and people for months after wanting to bring it up to people around me, "did he show you this clip yet??!!" honestly gets a little old having a document of you at your most abject and vulnerable making the people around you mindlessly entertained. more annoying when its someone who doesn't skate pointing and laughing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMZInqH0jY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (sorry don't know how to embed)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
this is me in the second clip after the drop-in to the sand. vertically clotheslined myself on the edge of a solid steel door as a resident of the house we were skating opened it. after i flew onto the concrete they silently stared at me in shock. i stood up and said "sorry we're leaving" without making eye contact. embarrassing because every chode in town with an Instagram felt the need to tell me they saw this and ask "how it feels to be on hall of meat" with a straight face. and people for months after wanting to bring it up to people around me, "did he show you this clip yet??!!" honestly gets a little old having a document of you at your most abject and vulnerable making the people around you mindlessly entertained. more annoying when its someone who doesn't skate pointing and laughing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMZInqH0jY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link (sorry don't know how to embed)

Ouch.

Be proud my friend. That was gnarly, right into the door.