Author Topic: rebuild the berrics  (Read 4266 times)

ghettygreensili

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: rebuild the berrics
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2020, 05:45:37 PM »
Bring back obnoxious edm, a sexy man with a saxaphone and a half naked Jimmy Carlin. Otherwise, I'll just continue to absorb all my skate media on a largely unrelated website called slapmagazine.com
Frontside grind blind on the government

Glurmpz

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2020, 06:05:00 PM »
I worked for the Skateboard Mag for a few months right when everything went south with the Berrics. It was unreal having that park at my disposal every day. Took a bit to get used to how slippery it is but it's easily one of the top 3 parks I've ever skated. I was stoked to bring a couple friends there who were visiting. It would cost a ton to rebuild due to everything being cement, but I agree a few spice ups would be nice. Working there was a wild experience. Watched Tiago film his Run N Gun, plus most of the others.

To the poster who called the 10 stair tiny - I definitely would not say that, and I'm from Canada where the stairs are generally bigger. It's a legit 10. The dimensions of the stuff in that park are perfect. Sad to report I left before getting the balls up to hit the 10 rail. Skated the next biggest ones though.

Loved hitting the little manual pad to drop, then this tight brick quarter, then the little square 4 stair rail, then the smaller hubbas. You can do it without pushing.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2020, 10:39:27 PM »
I dont doubt that its fun to skate, its just boring as hell to watch

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2020, 05:20:46 AM »
I dont doubt that its fun to skate, its just boring as hell to watch

I think it compares to the other California Skateparks.

I've skated the one here in Barcelona, where they did Street League and from a performance prospective it's very challenging and pushing, it's all perfect size and very inviting to try but very boring to watch.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.