Author Topic: Niv Halpern  (Read 354 times)

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
Niv Halpern
« on: October 01, 2020, 06:39:59 PM »
https://youtu.be/apBnzvo8Cpo

Meant to post this a while ago, but this part made me really want to go skate.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
Re: Niv Halpern
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »
This reminds me of a time when there was only one Jason Adams. Not hating, just musing.

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1555
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 07:09:10 PM »
This reminds me of a time when there was only one Jason Adams. Not hating, just musing.

I completely understand where you’re coming from. I have a big ol soft spot for watching skating where they are just having fun, no intention of changing the game or just dropping nbds. It just feels more accessible to me to watch someone battle over some goofy shit then seeing some get smoked trying the 360 flip the Davis gap.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Biggiemouths

• Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2020, 10:42:23 AM »
I found Niv tru confuzine when he got his other part, shortly after he almost died or sumthing like that (they got an interview i believe too)
He is definitely fun to watch, love his style, my only complain is he gets to skate more than me while I have to work 8am to 7 pm and have to take care of my baby afterwards.

I am not skating as much as I would like to, thats my only complain about this video

dilbert1

• Rep: 141
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2020, 11:25:04 AM »
this guy might be all in on the 'fun' angle, but the super dorked-out, "i'm weird deal with it" Welcome 1.0 shtick in reality couldn't be further from the seasoned finesse and too-cool versatility of JA, beyond superficial overlap in trick/sock selection. you can still take "not being serious" too seriously ...

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 12:50:49 PM »
this guy might be all in on the 'fun' angle, but the super dorked-out, "i'm weird deal with it" Welcome 1.0 shtick in reality couldn't be further from the seasoned finesse and too-cool versatility of JA, beyond superficial overlap in trick/sock selection. you can still take "not being serious" too seriously ...

The kid never felt like a schtick because there wasn't really anything or anyone else to compare him to. But if you look at the shaped boards, the coloured wheels, the hats, the somewhat classic look and musical styles, I think he paved the way for what dudes like this are doing today.