Author Topic: éS | Menikmati | TJ Rogers in the Menikmati Evant  (Read 4071 times)

gonzSOI

Re: éS | Menikmati | TJ Rogers in the Menikmati Evant
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 08:24:16 AM »
lol, yeah, i see what youre saying.  i thought it was kind of lame when Girl did it too not long ago with that ad campaign they were pushing, those blabac photos.  not knocking the original stuff, but when manchild or Gass are recreating a photo it doesnt have the same impact as when Carroll was doing it back in the day.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
lol, yeah, i see what youre saying.  i thought it was kind of lame when Girl did it too not long ago with that ad campaign they were pushing, those blabac photos.  not knocking the original stuff, but when manchild or Gass are recreating a photo it doesnt have the same impact as when Carroll was doing it back in the day.

At least Girl has a handful of people still around from the time they're being nostalgic to. We're just a couple shades away from Kelly Hart editing himself into Menikmati skating flatground at a skatepark.

gonzSOI

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2020, 08:50:35 AM »
yeah its all about money anyway, so i dont really give a shit.

i havent bought a pair of eS since 2002 (McCrank 2's) or a girl/chocolate board in about 5 years.

fuck, i regret it every time i post something on here. 

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 399
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2020, 11:46:34 AM »
Great that they freed the Ronnie Creager five switch tailslides in a row ledge for this!

My immediate thought when seeing this was it's absolutely a nod to Ronnie.

morningcommute

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2020, 02:50:22 PM »
Before I pressed play I was already guessing that I was gonna turn it off half way through but damn that was really good.

I like the nod to menikmati and especially the creager nods. Maybe he’s just switched up his dress sense abit ( I thought tj was arm sweatbands and Bad red bull shirts) but something about this video pushes him away from his wacker looking footage in the past.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2020, 03:11:31 PM »
Before I pressed play I was already guessing that I was gonna turn it off half way through but damn that was really good.

I like the nod to menikmati and especially the creager nods. Maybe he’s just switched up his dress sense abit ( I thought tj was arm sweatbands and Bad red bull shirts) but something about this video pushes him away from his wacker looking footage in the past.

The only thing different is the lack of red bull hat. Dude has always dressed like that. Seems like the red bull hat is big turn off for people. I get it, but I can always look past it. If someones skating is sick a little logo on a hat is fine with me. I also am aware that these dudes are trying to make a living. It would actually be sweet to be on red bull and have access to all there athlete resources and stuff.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2020, 03:17:15 PM »
The RDS Chase Webb.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2020, 04:02:54 PM »
Always been a fan of TJ since I saw his slub bucks part, even through his terrible fits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLMNrryEFeI
Happy to see people appreciating him more in this edit.

g.i.s.m.

• Rep: 34
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2020, 04:16:50 PM »
Fuck! I’m not even finished watching but this is awesome. The only issue is that this in no way sells me on Es shoes. Instead, I would be really satisfied skating that Reaper deck.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2020, 05:50:22 PM »
Fuck! I’m not even finished watching but this is awesome. The only issue is that this in no way sells me on Es shoes. Instead, I would be really satisfied skating that Reaper deck.

They actually have some decent shoes. Accel slim, aura Vulc, and square three look great. I would love to Es have a full blown comeback. I would buy a pair if my local had them.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 06:15:24 PM by Patrick2G »

morningcommute

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2020, 12:57:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The only thing different is the lack of red bull hat. Dude has always dressed like that. Seems like the red bull hat is big turn off for people. I get it, but I can always look past it. If someones skating is sick a little logo on a hat is fine with me. I also am aware that these dudes are trying to make a living. It would actually be sweet to be on red bull and have access to all there athlete resources and stuff.

Just compared his slub bucks part quickly to see if I could put my finger on it.

In the es vid he seems to be going way faster than previous parts, his skating looks a bit cleaner and more powerful than before.

Also, although his older fits aren’t that different the busy, large print tee shirts and backwards caps are pretty unappealing, even if they aren’t a world away from his current kit

robertson

• Rep: -8
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2020, 02:36:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i enjoyed that a hell of lot more than i thought i would
[close]
[close]
thought I hated this guy wtf changed just then
[close]

He stopped wearing the Redbull cap. The same thing happened to me with Zered.
Wow, this is it.  Rebull hats really do cramp style. 

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 04:19:15 AM »
This had some 411vm commercial vibes or maybe like it would have fit in Rodney Vs. Daewon round 2 commercial section, I appreciate that. 

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2020, 11:31:01 AM »
I like TJ, nice kid despite having a really tough upbringing. Glad to see he is wearing red bull less.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2020, 11:49:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Can't believe I just watched footage of someone skating a Blind Reaper board in the year 2020.
[close]

Can't believe I liked it
He’s everything i dislike in a skater but i don’t care. He rips

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2020, 01:38:46 PM »
How did they blow the intro on this?! Los Angeles? TJ's Canadian you shlubs ...

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2020, 05:21:39 PM »
TJ, Bobby and Will Marshall all came from the same test tube.....

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2020, 07:33:36 PM »
TJ is sick and they did a great job of reproducing the menikmati era of skate videos feel. That said, it's one of my least favourite eras of videos, and I found the track kind of annoying.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2020, 07:47:30 AM »
These spots are so boring.
I thought the rock ledge @ 0:41 was pretty cool.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2020, 08:35:05 AM »
The main takeaway should be that TJ ripped in this and the other edit from this week. Fair play to him, he's doing great work.