Author Topic: Post COVID19 travel  (Read 696 times)

Owen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
Post COVID19 travel
« on: October 05, 2020, 04:40:59 AM »
COVID19 has pretty much ruined any opportunities of current and even near future travel.

Assuming that things may return to some kind of normalcy in the future, where would you like to go once it's possible?

I had been planning a trip to Indonesia last year but other stuff got in the way and it didnt eventuate. Although I've been to Sumatra before, I'd like to check out Java or maybe Flores.

I've also been listening to lots of records since I've been working from home so some time cruising Tokyo's record stores would be dope too.

Realistically, being in Australia, the chances of any international travel in the near future is slim given how strict lockdown measures have been taken here. There is talk of a travel bubble with New Zealand when we get our state borders back in working order. I've never been so that could be a good push to make a visit happen.

Before people get too serious, this is more of a daydreaming thread. Where would you like to go if the option was there?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

fredgallSOTY

Re: Post COVID19 travel
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 06:59:42 AM »
i was gonna go out to NYC for like a month this year, pre-COVID. Gonna try to hit that next year. Also might stay long term in the west. I was ALSO gonna go back to Copenhagen. Had a LOT of great plans. I would like to see all of those through.

Besides that I would like to go to Paris, Lyon, and Marseille. Check out Lake Como in Italy. Go back to Louisiana. Go to Chicago way more. I'm certainly not taking life for granted after this fuckin shit!!!!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 07:01:53 AM »
I’ll probably go to darwin for a bit of a fish it’s a good town
What worries me is the airlines on their arses - what if those air Asia promos don’t come back? I hope not but shit might never be the same cause less tickets per flight etc

I’ve never been to indo...I know, blowing it...I had loose plans to go to Bali about a month from now but I never booked or anything. When you talk about daydreaming well honestly you know that beach in nolans mind mate I’d fucking love to be there

Nah fuck that if I’m daydreaming I got the sailboat and I can’t see land
listen to cosmic psychos

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »
I'm certainly not taking life for granted after this fuckin shit!!!!

Man I've been having the same thought. I've done a lot of overseas travel over the years and I'm really quite thankful looking back.

What worries me is the airlines on their arses - what if those air Asia promos don’t come back? I hope not but shit might never be the same cause less tickets per flight etc

I’ve never been to indo...I know, blowing it...I had loose plans to go to Bali about a month from now but I never booked or anything. When you talk about daydreaming well honestly you know that beach in nolans mind mate I’d fucking love to be there

I've made serious use of how cheap AirAsia is and am sweating this a bit too. I think it will go one way or another, everything will be super expensive (cause of all the new rules) or super cheap (to encourage people to fly).

I haven't been to Bali but Indonesia (and the other similar places I've been- Malaysia, Timor etc) is generally pretty chill. So many nice spots if you can be a bit flexible and go looking for them.

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 01:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I'm certainly not taking life for granted after this fuckin shit!!!!
[close]

Man I've been having the same thought. I've done a lot of overseas travel over the years and I'm really quite thankful looking back.

Expand Quote

[close]

I've made serious use of how cheap AirAsia is and am sweating this a bit too. I think it will go one way or another, everything will be super expensive (cause of all the new rules and regulations are social distancing/passenger density) or super cheap (to encourage people to fly).

I haven't been to Bali but Sumatra was generally very chill. So many nice spots if you can be a bit flexible and go looking for them.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 01:53:00 PM by Owen »
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 06:38:38 PM »
Holy shit such a rad photo, place looks unreal
listen to cosmic psychos

Owen

• SLAP Pal
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »
Holy shit such a rad photo, place looks unreal

Yep really nice. Palau Palambak. Bit of a mission to get to and not much to do other than swim and read books but if you're happy with that it's perfect. Huts on the beach were $5 a night when I went there in 2012.
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2020, 01:12:11 AM »
I want to go South East Asia. Specifically Vietnam, and Indonesia.

I want to drink a fresh coconut on the side of a dusty road. I want to walk around aimlessly.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2020, 01:41:49 AM »
Nah that’s perfect, I would love that cheers

Seafood is way cheaper in most of those countries too, Sila. I love crabs and shit like that
listen to cosmic psychos

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2020, 11:46:05 AM »
Cali, Moscow, Vienna.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Glurmpz

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 12:30:57 PM »
I've learned from past travels that I have the best time and get the most bang for my buck when I go to southern California, so I'm probably just gonna spend my traveling money on trips back to LA and San Diego once the borders are open again. I'm definitely lucky that California is my ideal destination, it's much more affordable and easier to get to.