Author Topic: JOLIE ROUGE - NOAH's 1st skate video  (Read 9037 times)

dilbert1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 141
Re: JOLIE ROUGE - NOAH's 1st skate video
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2020, 12:40:03 PM »
i liked dude coles's footage the best

Acky Jacky

« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »
What’s gonna happen when the trends change in a few years and people want skinny jeans or ghetto gowns again?

There have always been people that dress "normally" and Noah makes fairly normal looking clothing.

The video was rad, Bobby De Keyzer flips his board so fast. I watched this a few hours ago and cant remember his name, but the younger dude with the sick hard flips stood out too. The hard flip over the Allen St. Grasspatch was amazing.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2020, 01:29:09 PM »
Well, there were certainly a lot of logos in that.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2020, 01:44:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Noah is great. Totally overpriced, but great. Owner used to design Supreme when Supreme blew up in the 2010s.
[close]

Supreme blew up in the late 90’s.
Maybe you discovered it in 2010.

Anyway this could be a fun video.
[close]

Ummmmmm in terms of popularity and pop stars wearing it, number of stores and a billion dollar valuation, the 2010s were much more lucrative than the 90s for Supreme but keep trying to cool guy me on the internet.

If Justin Bieber is your version of blowing up I’m not sure what you’re doing on Slap forum. Sounds to me like Supreme got shit post 2010, which is what it did.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2020, 06:16:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Noah is great. Totally overpriced, but great. Owner used to design Supreme when Supreme blew up in the 2010s.
[close]

[close]

Ummmmmm in terms of popularity and pop stars wearing it, number of stores and a billion dollar valuation, the 2010s were much more lucrative than the 90s for Supreme but keep trying to cool guy me on the internet.
[close]

If Justin Bieber is your version of blowing up I’m not sure what you’re doing on Slap forum. Sounds to me like Supreme got shit post 2010, which is what it did.

You are so fucking cool man! I hope you get your cool guy badge at some point  ;)

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

MortalKomblyat

• Rep: 0
  • i am rich bitch
    • uturnvideo.wordpress.com avatar image
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2020, 08:05:47 PM »
Loved Bobby's part. That switch front 180 over that rail to manual and then back 180 off the outledge was cray. Is he on Nike still? I heard Bobby De Keyzer is on Nike from his good pal Evan Hay so it must be true.

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2020, 08:27:19 PM »
Bobby's part was really good.
A couple people I hadn't heard of before but enjoyed it.

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2020, 09:56:18 PM »
Expand Quote
What’s gonna happen when the trends change in a few years and people want skinny jeans or ghetto gowns again?
[close]

There have always been people that dress "normally" and Noah makes fairly normal looking clothing.

The video was rad, Bobby De Keyzer flips his board so fast. I watched this a few hours ago and cant remember his name, but the younger dude with the sick hard flips stood out too. The hard flip over the Allen St. Grasspatch was amazing.
troy gipson aka the goat
great video with an all star cast. alex greenberg has been making amazing edits for the last few years and with this squad it came out pretty much perfect

HeapsCool

• Rep: -172
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2020, 10:00:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol. I didn't know "blowing up" was up for conjecture. But here we are. You seem fucking stupid.

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 56
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2020, 04:03:52 AM »
For all you guys who had to read through a bunch of random comments and opinions with no link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfM4kGAEe0&ab_channel=Franz

Edit: I have to say I find myself preferring these kind of videos over the supreme/converse ones, it's like they implement the creativity and unique styles of their cliques but leave all the pseudo teenage angst, trying to be edgy attitude at the door. Instead, they do it through pure positive energy.

This, the frog videos, 917 and that Micheal Nicholas are definitely a vibe that resonates with me a lot - there's a humbleness about them maybe? I dunno, I guess it's good to have variety of videos either way. I just can't help but think how this highlights how much I cringe Strobeck's forcefully edgy shtick and how he is still doing the exact same type of videos he was 6 years ago - even after the whole industry copied his style, you'd think that in itself would push you onto newer, more creative pastures. That Carlyle paycheque must be worth stagnation.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 04:43:35 AM by GuessAgain? »

Tabletop

• Rep: -74
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2020, 05:26:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Lol. I didn't know "blowing up" was up for conjecture. But here we are. You seem fucking stupid.

You seem like you go to high school.

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 95
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2020, 05:34:28 AM »
bobby D is so fucking good holy fuck

that line at 13:25 is chefs kiss

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2020, 07:00:30 AM »
I feel like Bobby’s ender just opened the floodgates for the Trick Of The Year discussion. 

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2020, 07:05:49 AM »
I feel like Bobby’s ender just opened the floodgates for the Trick Of The Year discussion.
Really? I'm a big BDK fan but he had way better clips in his Quasi part, and people have done way better back noseblunt to manual variations than that.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 131
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2020, 07:08:48 AM »
So wholesome  :-*

Acky Jacky

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2020, 07:10:12 AM »

It opened the floodgates to discuss whether he converted to Ventures?

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2020, 08:09:28 AM »
did anyone check if converse posted about bobby's part yet?

howtotictac

• Rep: 12
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2020, 01:03:57 PM »
Supreme x PG13 = Noah

expired

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2020, 01:57:21 PM »
did anyone check if converse posted about bobby's part yet?

I'm assuming this was sarcastic, but they posted his ender and everyone should watch it again.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGLjS0yFV2e/

ricky bobby

« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »
For all you guys who had to read through a bunch of random comments and opinions with no link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qfM4kGAEe0&ab_channel=Franz

Edit: I have to say I find myself preferring these kind of videos over the supreme/converse ones, it's like they implement the creativity and unique styles of their cliques but leave all the pseudo teenage angst, trying to be edgy attitude at the door. Instead, they do it through pure positive energy.

This, the frog videos, 917 and that Micheal Nicholas are definitely a vibe that resonates with me a lot - there's a humbleness about them maybe? I dunno, I guess it's good to have variety of videos either way. I just can't help but think how this highlights how much I cringe Strobeck's forcefully edgy shtick and how he is still doing the exact same type of videos he was 6 years ago - even after the whole industry copied his style, you'd think that in itself would push you onto newer, more creative pastures. That Carlyle paycheque must be worth stagnation.
I completely agree with this. I came away from both this and Untitled by Michael Nicholas feeling like they captured exactly what I wish Strobeck's videos did. I feel like both Jolie Rouge and Untitled capture the element of friendship between those crews way more than just having some slow mo smoking shots as B-Roll. As well as this, I kinda find these videos more impressive because they're not filmed by some 40 year old guy like Strobeck who probably has very little in common with the people who he is filming.

Roger Mexico

• Rep: 22
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2020, 05:46:08 PM »
Couldn't care less about the clothing company, enjoyed that. Every time I thought "Meh, this dude's style is pretty off" or "This part isn't doing it for me" that dude would do something that was sick in some way. Basically, everybody had at least a few interesting or sick tricks that made me like them more. I'm not a huge fan of the manual out tricks, but Milic's are usually cool because they feel genuine, if that makes sense. Really like Bobby D's part. Hjalte's always good. Lot's of good looking varial-heels throughout.

Style Police

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 765
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2020, 06:03:55 PM »
Way too much shitty trendy skateboarding in that video. BDK, Hljate and that hardflip kid ripped of course. Rest was a poor mans Supreme rip off.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2020, 06:58:22 PM »
Maybe the first time I've enjoyed a Mango part.....

It's easy to compare Haltje to AVE...but I kinda think what Bobby is to manuals is what AVE is to ledges.... Power....speed....

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2020, 07:27:22 PM »
I’m just tired of feeling like I need to celebrate almost intentionally mediocre skateboarding.

Also, filming a trick in a fucking beret? Come on.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Acky Jacky

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2020, 09:22:57 PM »
I’m just tired of feeling like I need to celebrate almost intentionally mediocre skateboarding.

From where do you feel pressure to celebrate what you perceive to be that type of skating?

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2020, 09:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Really? I'm a big BDK fan but he had way better clips in his Quasi part, and people have done way better back noseblunt to manual variations than that.
while I disagree with it being "trick of the year" which is cringy to actually type, what other "way better" backnoseblunt manual variations have their been? I can't think of any

ricky bobby

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2020, 09:51:04 PM »

A trendy skater from New York wearing a trendy hat in a trendy brand clip. Shocker

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1567
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2020, 10:57:57 PM »
Well then go and watch TJ Rogers part already......

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2020, 11:26:28 PM »

new parts come out everyday, maybe just ignore it and celebrate shit that inspire you.

assvogel

• Rep: 194
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2020, 12:01:44 AM »
I really dug this one, but I guess I'm a big fan of shitty trendy intentionally mediocre skateboarding filmed in overpriced berets by NYC hipsters.

Great skateboarding/spots/soundtrack/edit/filming, stoked! Def worth a rewatch.

And those open shoelaces in Milics last line gave me anxiety.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 12:26:47 AM by assvogel »