Author Topic: NOAH  (Read 5938 times)

non-playable character

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: NOAH
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2020, 08:16:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I'm a little late to the convo here but I remembered seeing these cost breakdowns that Noah put out a while back. inserted below

I used to work in menswear design for 2 major surf/skate/lifestyle brands in Australia that were producing their product in china/india/bangldesh for stupid cheap prices and not focusing on quality or the working conditions of the factories or their staff. I even visited a few in Guangzhou and most of them were not pretty.

Out of India you can get a t-shirt made and landed in Australia for around $4-6 and china around $5-7. Then they sell to department stores/skateshops etc for around $20-22 per piece. then the shop sells it to the customer at around AUD $49-$59. all that for rubbish quality that wears fast, warps, fades in the was etc.

That why when I look at a brand like Noah I can back it. they're doing things right. I'm not a fan of the nautical shit but the simple stuff is nice and you know its made well and all the people involved in making the garment from start to finish are getting a fair wage and working conditions.

[close]

That is good of them, but you have to factor in the negative externalities of promoting berets

That's your problem, not theirs. I fuck with Noah.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2020, 09:00:52 AM »

So... Is that a $368 windbreaker I’m looking at?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2020, 09:59:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
This makes me feel much better about the gore-Tex gear I buy to be warm and dry when outdoors and it is below zero without wind chill index. 

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2020, 10:11:34 AM »
thats what i was saying. dont buy this stuff that is not keeping you warm and is expensive.
gore tex is definitley the way better option in this price bracket, but its cool that they show and break down how the price is being put together.
if youve got the money, buy it, im not going to hate on you. id much rather buy the leather the cure jacket because its real leather and shouldnt be much pricier. always check the fabrics, sometimes theyll put all jackets at almost the same price even if they have big differences in fabrics.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2020, 05:20:03 PM »
fuck it, whats one more boring brand with good videos

KBizzle

• Rep: -18
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2020, 08:10:17 PM »
I don't have any problem with it. It's been around for a minute.

The owner worked high up at Supreme for 15+ years. He still skates and even had a couple of clips in the video.

They make almost everything in the US and the shit is expensive to produce and then sold at prices people like myself, and most skaters, absolutely scoff at. But it's their thing and it works for them, and people like buying things they know were ethically produced onshore.

I like how they support younger guys in the industry and let Greenberg & Mark take all creative control of the videos and media output and the whole skate side of things. They pay everyone on the team really well from what I've heard, along with covering everyone's trips to NY to film for the video.

I'll probably never be in the financial position to buy their clothes but I'm backing the way they're going about entering the skate market/scene. Having a superteam obviously helps. Their approach is infinitely better than throwing one cool guy in your clothes and buying a double-spread ad in Thrasher.

This is a great take. Never understood people who complain about the prices of clothes. There are a million companies that make affordable clothing, find what you like and what works in your budget.

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2020, 12:02:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Shit looks like Baby Gap.

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2020, 06:02:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

old navy called. they want their windbreaker back

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Doom patrol

• Rep: 70
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2020, 01:48:36 AM »
I have no problem with weenies over paying for clothing especially when it results in great skateboarding videos and money going into BDK and mango's pockets.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 126
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2020, 02:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ever bought yourself a board and broke it within a week or so? damn if i hadnt had my 10k savings back than i would have had a huge finanical loss of 60 dollars for a new deck
[close]

I think my statement may have went over your head a tad.  Paying $60 for a t-shirt is like paying $125 for a deck. A skateboard is a mode of transportation. That shirt is just gonna make it harder for you to pull a “hey mister” down at the lq. Someday when you’re older than 14 you’ll understand.
[close]

You are trying to tell me i act 14 when i buy a expensive tshirt but you still consider a skateboard a mode of transportation lmao get a Bike you idiot. What are you going to do push to highschool to Impress the girl students?

here on earth we would just call them girls in this context
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

fs180

« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2020, 02:46:17 AM »
ight pedo

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2020, 03:29:39 AM »
ight pedo
How can he simultaneously be in high school and a pedo? Statch at best, brah.

fs180

« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2020, 03:47:07 AM »
hes not in highschool but he acts like it if he thinks a skateboard is still for transportation porpoises.

baker decks in europe cost 75 euros and so do many other american brands like habitat, aws. thats 88 dollars.
skating is expensive as shit, those decks have good wood and a nice shape, but get soggy after 1-2 months. yet people wont understand buying things that will last years.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2020, 04:26:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
ever bought yourself a board and broke it within a week or so? damn if i hadnt had my 10k savings back than i would have had a huge finanical loss of 60 dollars for a new deck
[close]

I think my statement may have went over your head a tad.  Paying $60 for a t-shirt is like paying $125 for a deck. A skateboard is a mode of transportation. That shirt is just gonna make it harder for you to pull a “hey mister” down at the lq. Someday when you’re older than 14 you’ll understand.
[close]

You are trying to tell me i act 14 when i buy a expensive tshirt but you still consider a skateboard a mode of transportation lmao get a Bike you idiot. What are you going to do push to highschool to Impress the girl students?
[close]

here on earth we would just call them girls in this context

Well in my 70s so I still call em “coeds”

dooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2020, 04:48:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

By used to work at Supreme, he meant OshKosh.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2020, 07:01:49 AM »
Heres a life hack for ya, Let the people with the cash buy the shit brand new and sell it when its 3 months old. I have a noah zip up hoodie I got for $75 shipped which is no more money than your average skate brand hoodie. Quality is way higher and i see that shit priced reasonably on depop all the time. You dont have to pay $60 for a tee shirt to reap the benefits.  That said I fuck with noah and I think their business model is something skateboarding has been lacking

artskool

• Rep: 30
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2020, 07:15:42 AM »
$76 is an awful lot to be paying for overseas manufacturing. A garment simple as that shouldn't be more than maybe $45 sew, in NYC. Rich kids pay more though, factory managers can smell them coming a mile away. Interesting to see people's reaction to reading these kinds of breakdowns.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
By used to work at Supreme, he meant OshKosh.