Author Topic: Bootleg skate tees  (Read 843 times)

cilantro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 44
  • human bean
Bootleg skate tees
« on: February 12, 2021, 02:29:48 PM »
Have always wanted to see someone (or myself) bootleg zorlac shirts or old skate graphics. What’s y’alls opinion, wack or not?
Personally as long as it’s somewhat of an old graphic and not straight out of the most recent Baker drop, I couldn’t care less.

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 500
Re: Bootleg skate tees
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 03:03:59 PM »
i m o, doing it for yourself and some buddies - p. cool
doing it for a cash grab - whack move

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 03:34:58 PM »
I back stuff like that. Assuming it’s done like you said, for the fans. If you make a few bucks for you time that’s cool too.

I did the same thing for a small run of tote bags. I wanted one for myself and the minimum print run was 25. So I figured at least 24 other people would too.

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 04:00:00 PM »
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

Phantasma Del Mar

• Rep: 7
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 05:04:53 PM »

I have had positive experiences with this in the past. Dont even know if this was ever released on a shirt and highly doubtful. The site isn’t around but I got this and a band shirt and was so impressed with the quality of print that I ordered 2 more shirts through the years. Had old zorlac just as OP mentioned, harder to find or non existent band shirts like Fugazi

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 05:25:43 PM »
5 years ago I couldn't get a Neil Blender Coffee Break shirt (they are now making them again).  I made a handful of them on Spreadshirt for me, my kids and a buddy I skate with.   Had I tried selling them it would not have been cool, but I had no qualms about making the few I did.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2021, 01:38:04 AM »
I made myself a Creature shirt when they first came out in the mid 90s and merchandise was not available in Europe.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

cilantro

• human bean
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2021, 10:16:43 AM »
I mean, I don’t think I’ll make a living off it, but if someone I don’t know personally wants a bootleg then I ain’t exactly doing it for free.
For the record, I’m a construction superintendent and just like having hobbies and personal projects. Any way to fund those hobbies is neat cuz my job doesn’t pay enough for that sort of thing. Also i’ve always wanted a Zorlac shirt. Or the Lennie Kirk/Hensley religious board graphic on a shirt. If anything fleshes out i’ll make sure to update this thread.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2021, 10:22:51 AM »
Dear Skating was doing that kind of stuff for a while, I have a booted yellow RB control inc hat that Barbee wore from them. They had some sick ones I wish they had kept doing it

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2021, 11:04:33 AM »
I mean, I don’t think I’ll make a living off it, but if someone I don’t know personally wants a bootleg then I ain’t exactly doing it for free.
For the record, I’m a construction superintendent and just like having hobbies and personal projects. Any way to fund those hobbies is neat cuz my job doesn’t pay enough for that sort of thing. Also i’ve always wanted a Zorlac shirt. Or the Lennie Kirk/Hensley religious board graphic on a shirt. If anything fleshes out i’ll make sure to update this thread.

H-Street sells it again:
https://h-street.com/collections/tees/products/5cc4a570f90c2f1300a38dcf

But also Hensley shirt is usually bootlegged on eBay. Seens it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H-Street-Skateboards-Hensley-T-Shirt-M-2XL/164559370346?hash=item265080b86a:g:epIAAOSwPRFfyy-p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MATT-HENSLEY-H-STREET-Shirt-75-Tshirt-Vintage-Skateboard-H-Street/322117143029?hash=item4affad89f5:g:MeQAAOSw1h5XQSi2

cilantro

• human bean
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2021, 11:46:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

H-Street sells it again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/H-Street-Skateboards-Hensley-T-Shirt-M-2XL/164559370346?hash=item265080b86a:g:epIAAOSwPRFfyy-p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MATT-HENSLEY-H-STREET-Shirt-75-Tshirt-Vintage-Skateboard-H-Street/322117143029?hash=item4affad89f5:g:MeQAAOSw1h5XQSi2
Man not gonna lie, I don’t like those colors, nor does the shirt quality look like it’d last a skate sesh. If anything you just motivated me more

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2021, 11:55:26 AM »
I would totally be down with some quality bootleg shirts of old graphics or logos as long as they aren’t being sold anymore/are not likely to be sold ever again. Make some bootleg shirts for companies that are long gone.

On similar lines I kind of like when companies put out new stuff that has classic graphics but they have a twist on them. Baker does it a lot to various degrees of likability. I see a lot of shops do it with their own merch and it often comes out really nicely.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2021, 12:02:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

H-Street sells it again:

[close]
Man not gonna lie, I don’t like those colors, nor does the shirt quality look like it’d last a skate sesh. If anything you just motivated me more

I don't either, that's why I don't have one, lol. They used to use better colors back in the day 100%

Crap

• Rep: 77
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2021, 12:45:02 PM »
Bootlegs seem fine as long as it's not taking anything away from a legitimate and ongoing skate brand. Making a bootleg Aesthetics shirt would be fine (morally); making a bootleg Polar shirt wouldn't be right. Someone somewhere probably still technically/legally owns Aesthetics, but they're not doing anything with it, so I wouldn't really care what they think.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2021, 03:18:42 PM »
i've been buying a lot of bootleg band shirts lately.  they're always out of print designs, quality screens, very limited etc.  i don't have a problem with it whatsoever.  i would be stoked if someone did some out of print skate designs. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower