Author Topic: What kind of shoes do you generally prefer looks-wise?  (Read 1317 times)

imuseless

• Rep: 9
Re: What kind of shoes do you generally prefer looks-wise?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 02:49:17 AM »
CTAS knock-offs and Vans slip-ons

imuseless

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 03:08:45 AM »
Old skool too. Just don't feel like putting them on my feet anymore when every other dork in the street is wearing them.

Buttfart Rapedick

• Rep: 131
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 06:26:52 AM »
I have a strong dislike for white soles. I prefer gum but I like black like the leather louies or some of the numeric blackouts too. In terms of looks I usually like soccer style shoes best but don't always love how they skate. I've always been a vulc guy but I started wearing more cups lately with the DC Tiago S and numeric 440 and I'm really appreciating the comfort and protection on my old feet.

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -263
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 09:08:20 AM »
Old skool too. Just don't feel like putting them on my feet anymore when every other dork in the street is wearing them.
Is that a Pink Lincolns avatar? such a great band seen them a few times with Moral Crux in Atlanta at this place called the point in little 5 points. before the 96' Olympics.

twic3

• Rep: 0
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 09:32:10 AM »
I love skating in white leather, keeps the shoe more firm and I dont have to worry about not matching. I do prefer Reeboks over skate shoes nowadays, Club C and Revenge are usually on sale for $30. Finding gum sole Workout lows on sale would be like the holy grail.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 12
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 09:39:16 AM »
I like Van's Chukka lows, slim to the point black on gum soles sooooooo clean and efficient.

I worked at a warehouse with mad bouls who skate, the best best dude,rocked these jawns. I was like gotta be the shoes.. nope that seam is right were my ollie spot is. Oh well, as usual it's me not the shoes.
Whoa. Danger.

elbarto

• Rep: -12
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 02:09:03 PM »
I like Van's Chukka lows, slim to the point black on gum soles sooooooo clean and efficient.

Honestly, fucking ew. This has always been one of my least favorite skate shoes because of how they look. It reminds me of the coolest kids in 8th grade stealing shit from the mall that we all claimed to hate. Might as well be baby fucking blue with checkers while we’re at it. Sorry.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

imuseless

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 02:05:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is that a Pink Lincolns avatar? such a great band seen them a few times with Moral Crux in Atlanta at this place called the point in little 5 points. before the 96' Olympics.

Wow, cool! Yeah, it's from Pink Lincolns/ Queers live split 7", drawn by Queers-bassist B-Face!

Skrotum

• Rep: 0
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 05:45:29 AM »
I like looking down at ctas on my feet

CrimsonGhost

• Rep: 10
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
Big and puffy tech looking cupsole, prefer a black sole if I have the choice.

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 08:39:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly, fucking ew. This has always been one of my least favorite skate shoes because of how they look. It reminds me of the coolest kids in 8th grade stealing shit from the mall that we all claimed to hate. Might as well be baby fucking blue with checkers while we’re at it. Sorry.
Really?! Who pissed in your Cheerios?  What's wrong with black and gum soles? Simple easy looking and nothing gaudy like logos everywhere. Honestly it's kooky to make assumptions about someone who wears shoes you don't like.

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wow, cool! Yeah, it's from Pink Lincolns/ Queers live split 7", drawn by Queers-bassist B-Face!
Locked in some assholes basement, I remember hearing that story on Ben Weasel podcast naming this one of his favorites.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 572
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Really?! Who pissed in your Cheerios?  What's wrong with black and gum soles? Simple easy looking and nothing gaudy like logos everywhere. Honestly it's kooky to make assumptions about someone who wears shoes you don't like.
I'm not as passionate about the hate for those but I do think that chukkas should never be lows. Just looks unnatural for some reason. I hate stitching that sits right where my ollie hits as well.

I wish I didn't have to look at your sig in every thread tbh. That shit is annoying and usually so are your posts.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 625
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 09:23:33 AM »
Authentics/Eras/Old Skools and Dunks/Jordans

Few others, but nothing too crazy.

Samk

• Rep: -2
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 06:27:07 PM »
Converse Cons, look wise and skate wise.

off

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • no gods no masters
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
anything that looks like or is a basketball shoe. used to be a college recruit a few years back and thats all i feel comfortable maxing out my jumps with

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 440
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 11:03:41 PM »
The new Kalis S has some good tech and a clean design, future versions could trim down the tongue a little. The Kalis Vulc has amazing flick but the heel support feels a little lacking as does the cushion where the ball of your foots on.

So what I'm saying is to take the tech bits of Kalis S (support, bootie construction) and marry that with the simplicity of the Kalis Vulc (vulc construction).
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?