Author Topic: What kind of shoes do you generally prefer looks-wise?  (Read 2977 times)

imuseless

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 14
Re: What kind of shoes do you generally prefer looks-wise?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2020, 02:49:17 AM »
CTAS knock-offs and Vans slip-ons

imuseless

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2020, 03:08:45 AM »
Old skool too. Just don't feel like putting them on my feet anymore when every other dork in the street is wearing them.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2020, 06:26:52 AM »
I have a strong dislike for white soles. I prefer gum but I like black like the leather louies or some of the numeric blackouts too. In terms of looks I usually like soccer style shoes best but don't always love how they skate. I've always been a vulc guy but I started wearing more cups lately with the DC Tiago S and numeric 440 and I'm really appreciating the comfort and protection on my old feet.

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2020, 09:08:20 AM »
Old skool too. Just don't feel like putting them on my feet anymore when every other dork in the street is wearing them.
Is that a Pink Lincolns avatar? such a great band seen them a few times with Moral Crux in Atlanta at this place called the point in little 5 points. before the 96' Olympics.
Dueces Bitch's

twic3

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2020, 09:32:10 AM »
I love skating in white leather, keeps the shoe more firm and I dont have to worry about not matching. I do prefer Reeboks over skate shoes nowadays, Club C and Revenge are usually on sale for $30. Finding gum sole Workout lows on sale would be like the holy grail.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2020, 09:39:16 AM »
I like Van's Chukka lows, slim to the point black on gum soles sooooooo clean and efficient.

I worked at a warehouse with mad bouls who skate, the best best dude,rocked these jawns. I was like gotta be the shoes.. nope that seam is right were my ollie spot is. Oh well, as usual it's me not the shoes.
Whoa. Danger.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2020, 02:09:03 PM »
I like Van's Chukka lows, slim to the point black on gum soles sooooooo clean and efficient.

Honestly, fucking ew. This has always been one of my least favorite skate shoes because of how they look. It reminds me of the coolest kids in 8th grade stealing shit from the mall that we all claimed to hate. Might as well be baby fucking blue with checkers while we’re at it. Sorry.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

imuseless

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2020, 02:05:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Is that a Pink Lincolns avatar? such a great band seen them a few times with Moral Crux in Atlanta at this place called the point in little 5 points. before the 96' Olympics.

Wow, cool! Yeah, it's from Pink Lincolns/ Queers live split 7", drawn by Queers-bassist B-Face!

Skrotum

• Rep: 12
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2020, 05:45:29 AM »
I like looking down at ctas on my feet

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2020, 07:05:18 AM »
Big and puffy tech looking cupsole, prefer a black sole if I have the choice.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 08:39:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Honestly, fucking ew. This has always been one of my least favorite skate shoes because of how they look. It reminds me of the coolest kids in 8th grade stealing shit from the mall that we all claimed to hate. Might as well be baby fucking blue with checkers while we’re at it. Sorry.
Really?! Who pissed in your Cheerios?  What's wrong with black and gum soles? Simple easy looking and nothing gaudy like logos everywhere. Honestly it's kooky to make assumptions about someone who wears shoes you don't like.
Dueces Bitch's

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Wow, cool! Yeah, it's from Pink Lincolns/ Queers live split 7", drawn by Queers-bassist B-Face!
Locked in some assholes basement, I remember hearing that story on Ben Weasel podcast naming this one of his favorites.
Dueces Bitch's

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2020, 09:11:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Really?! Who pissed in your Cheerios?  What's wrong with black and gum soles? Simple easy looking and nothing gaudy like logos everywhere. Honestly it's kooky to make assumptions about someone who wears shoes you don't like.
I'm not as passionate about the hate for those but I do think that chukkas should never be lows. Just looks unnatural for some reason. I hate stitching that sits right where my ollie hits as well.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2020, 09:23:33 AM »
Authentics/Eras/Old Skools and Dunks/Jordans

Few others, but nothing too crazy.

Samk

• Rep: -1
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2020, 06:27:07 PM »
Converse Cons, look wise and skate wise.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 838
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
anything that looks like or is a basketball shoe. used to be a college recruit a few years back and thats all i feel comfortable maxing out my jumps with
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2020, 11:03:41 PM »
The new Kalis S has some good tech and a clean design, future versions could trim down the tongue a little. The Kalis Vulc has amazing flick but the heel support feels a little lacking as does the cushion where the ball of your foots on.

So what I'm saying is to take the tech bits of Kalis S (support, bootie construction) and marry that with the simplicity of the Kalis Vulc (vulc construction).
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

skateboarder4life

• Rep: 2
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2021, 11:09:08 AM »
any new developments in ULTRA WIDE 5E SKATE SHOES? surely by now someone is offering a true extra wide toe box 5E shoe

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
Looking down and not wanting to see more than two colours, or any weird or funny looking things, especially if they don't sit right with whatever pants I am wearing.

Big bulky shoes with thin ankles in shorts just look so funny to me, but I guess that is why I wear long pants most of the time anyway.

There was a time when I would put in black laces and colour the stitches black too on some classic colour Vans, but I think that madness has eased a bit now.

Eras (no show socks) in 874 cut off shorts right now with it being quite warm.

Old skool, Sk8 hi, Half Cabs with long pants, as long as the pants sit down over the shoes - 874 Dickies 24/7 anyway so usually nicely covered at all times.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

vhsfisheye

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2021, 08:56:44 PM »

honestly this is one of my most hated shoes, remind me of 2010 high schoolers in odd future shirts

vhsfisheye

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2021, 08:57:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

big agree

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2021, 09:04:21 PM »
First pick is New Balance 868's, almost every color way is great. Really the all red/white ones are the only one I wasn't feeling.

Some runner ups: Tiago 1010's. Reebok club c. Dunks if they made them in normal color ways that weren't dumb hard to get a hold of.  Also feeling Luciens LV shoe but would never think about actually paying for it.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2021, 09:12:43 PM »
I used to prefer a classic vans looking shoe but nowadays I’m all into basketball inspired/looking shoes like dunks, blazer mids, tyshawns etc.

I want to like nb# shoes because they seem like they’re pretty supportive and they seem to actually care about skating, but I just have not been able to get down with any of the shoes yet look wise

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2021, 09:27:40 PM »
I prefer the look of slim cups but everytime I go that route I'm always disappointed plus the past few months have really been tough on my feet/ankles. I'm now basically relegated to the puffy reissues from es and dc for the future I think. Which is fine comfort wise but not the look I really want.

But I always need a black sole or nearly black, thick padding and no flat bottoms. Also any extra protection on the toe or ankle is a plus as well.

Basically what I'm saying is I'm trying with all my heart to not buy those osiris d3 reissues.
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.