Author Topic: Alexandria, VA?  (Read 498 times)

FUBAR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 231
Alexandria, VA?
« on: October 07, 2020, 05:15:01 PM »
Long shot but I’ll be there next week for work...I see there is a park but closes at 5pm? Anything to skate there, any shops? Also, I’m fat so good food is cool too. I didn’t find much on Google.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Alexandria, VA?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:06:04 PM »
I haven't been actively skating, let alone street skating, so keep that in mind.

What part of Alexandria you staying? I mean DC is not far from there. Metro sucks but you can metro or uber into the city to skate around and check out some famous spots.

I wonder what park you're referring to. Most of them have lights for night skating. But not sure if they close early due to COVID or end of summer.

FUBAR

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 06:10:24 PM »
Schuyler Hamilton Jones skate park is the one I found. I’m not 100 on exactly where I’m going in town just yet.

Thefitzg

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 06:16:27 AM »
That park is on duke street, right outside of old town. The park is open even at dark, we never got kicked out at 5. If you are out here with enough time check out Arlington skatepark(powhatan springs) wakefield park, in annandale about 15 min from  Alexandria or my personal favorite lake Fairfax. Those parks all have lights, but duke st does not.

TremayneToy

• Rep: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 12:41:58 AM »
 Thank you for the sharing good knowledge and information its very helpful and understanding.. as we are looking for this information since long time.

FUBAR

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 02:02:26 PM »
Awesome, thanks! I’ll try to check them all out!

beavis

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 04:58:36 AM »
schuyler isn't a great park and like the other guy said no lights once it's dark. check powhatan springs (new--lots of transition) or wakefield (nice concrete street section but other 75% of the park is busted wooden ramps) instead if you can. both about a 20 min drive from alexandria. if you're going in to DC, RFK park is fun too and usually pretty empty

also for food old town alexandria has plenty of nice places. yelp or google maps will point you to the good spots nearby wherever you're staying. if you go to powhatan springs there's a big strip mall a mile down the road called the Eden Center with tons of vietnamese restaurants that are all great. get a red meat pork banh mi from nhu lan or check out the huge menu at huong viet. both cash only. nhu lan is takeout only but i think huong viet has patio seating for covid./

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 10:49:11 AM »
my truck/sleep in da bak

mArLeY

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 04:08:49 PM »
The newer park in Alexandria was done by team pain and is a good bit of fun.
Not a huge fan of duke street but it has a few cool things and Wakefield is like 70 percent bike park but the concrete section is cool and the box in the bike section is long so it’s fun.

Might be worth going to lake fairfax park or maloof in dc. I go to Maloof probably more than parks that are 30 mins closer to me because it’s normally pretty mellow in the AM

FUBAR

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 05:11:08 PM »
I hit the one on Duke St Tuesday and then Wakefield yesterday. The Duke st one was small and packed but fun...didnt stay long. Had a blast at Wakefield, cool bunch of people there and laughed a whole bunch...just a good time all around. I like how most of the micro mini scooter kids and the bike guys stay in the older section. I stayed in the newer concrete area.
Thanks everyone for your help!