Author Topic: Skating with glasses  (Read 2458 times)

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 92
Re: Skating with glasses
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2020, 07:15:13 PM »
Iíve always worn glasses skating with almost no problems. Occasionally if they are an older pair they will slip off but there are cheap rubber straps you can get at Supermarkets or pharmacies to hold them on. Also helps to have extra pairs at home if they get smashed. Zennioptical.com has cheap, decent quality glasses for super cheap (also where I got my goggles that I mentioned in my other post).

They fog up a lot these days when Iím wearing a mask, but overall itís not too bad wearing them.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2022, 06:36:24 AM »
My vision is terrible. I skate without glasses and canít differentiate people unless Iím like 10 feet away from them. Itís made for some awkward situations. Tried skating with glasses and it makes everything feel really weird.
iím 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Skatebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2022, 06:39:30 AM »
skated with glasses since i started again in my 30s... doesn't bother me at all, and it's far less hassle than snowboarding with glasses under goggles, which i did for 15 years.

Only had them fly off once or twice in 2.5 years of skating, and I can see where I'm going, win-win.

life is a hell ride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2022, 06:41:45 AM »
always skate with glasses cause i got no choice

Sorry for defacing your favorite internet website you loser

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2022, 09:04:10 AM »
always skate with glasses cause i got no choice

Likewise. I have never skated w.o glasses. Duuuuuude. I would eat so much asphalt if I tried
stay high, lay low

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1163
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2022, 09:19:27 AM »
Occasionally if they are an older pair they will slip off but there are cheap rubber straps you can get at Supermarkets or pharmacies to hold them on.

Yes I believe they are also the only 100% successful method of birth control available.
Shoe size: 6.5
Shirt size: 3X
Pants: 42-44W  24-26L
Helmet size: XS

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2022, 09:32:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Occasionally if they are an older pair they will slip off but there are cheap rubber straps you can get at Supermarkets or pharmacies to hold them on.
[close]

Yes I believe they are also the only 100% successful method of birth control available.

In basic training (I got out after a few weeks) they called our glasses either BCG or RPG. Birth Control or Rape Prevention Glasses
stay high, lay low

tuesday

• Rep: 87
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2022, 07:51:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you role them over your ears and the temple/earpieces? Please, someone post a picture. Would love to see that.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
  • Choose life.
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2022, 09:06:00 AM »
Wore contacts for ages but it sucks especially if the place is dusty or you smoke or you're out till late.

I wear glasses now but I need to always be wearing a cap or a beanie otherwise they slip away with sweat.

I also bought that thingy to tie them like herpes JoJo used to do but it's easy to lose / break and makes you look even more like a neeky dingus.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Uh Oh

• Rep: 233
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2022, 10:19:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In basic training (I got out after a few weeks) they called our glasses either BCG or RPG. Birth Control or Rape Prevention Glasses

Havenít thought about those in a long time.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 384
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2022, 12:57:29 PM »
I've been doing contacts lately and it is way better than glasses.

I feel my depth perception is a little off when I wear glasses.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Rep: 102
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2022, 10:09:27 AM »
I bought a cheap pair from Zenni specifically for skating that I just keep in my car or skate bag. They were $15-20 and stay on decently well unless I take a decent slam and I never really worry about them. If they break, I'll buy another cheap pair.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 828
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2022, 06:59:45 AM »
I bought a cheap pair from Zenni specifically for skating that I just keep in my car or skate bag. They were $15-20 and stay on decently well unless I take a decent slam and I never really worry about them. If they break, I'll buy another cheap pair.

I did the same, but the Zenni ones would give me a headache. I think my prescription was wrote incorrectly.  :-\
iím 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 10
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2022, 10:22:29 AM »
I've been wearing a strap for skating and for sports for the last 30 years. Works perfectly fine Ė unless you totally destroy your face when slamming

goingapelikenigo

• Rep: 46
  • please don't be a hero
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2022, 05:15:44 AM »
I always wear glasses when skating. I also canīt touch my eyeball so contacts are out of the picture for me.

I am using these rubber hooks to keep them on my face. In case of a severe slam they will still go flying but for mild cases they will stay on.

The most annoying shit about skating in glasses is when they fog up.
usually skate with a hat to keep them from falling off but getting a pair of these now :)

Buttfart Rapedick

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2022, 07:09:16 AM »

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1025
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2022, 10:40:56 AM »
i dont like it, it makes me think about not moving my head certain ways so they dont fly off, which causes me to lose focus. i dont think you need to see that badly to be honest. tons of stuff in skating is blind anyway, you are sort of just looking at the ground to know when to start sending.

I can definitely skate better when I can see and i have a new pair that is really tight fitting to my head. But its so easy for them to fly off when you start sweating, i dont really see the point. need to get proper sport goggles like bob burnquist imo if your vision is really that bad. i am not like that guy that needs the cane by any means but i cant read text thats like 2 feet away from me.
ONTARIO CANADA