Author Topic: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)  (Read 306367 times)

Hevonen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 16
Re: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?? (MERGED)
« Reply #1200 on: November 13, 2023, 03:03:31 AM »
Expand Quote
What was the name of that dude who had a nice sw Tre, very sweaty looking medium long hair and pretty shaky but sick style? Talked about liking opiates or something in some interview. Been wanting to watch that one part for a week but can't think of the name. Also where is he now?
[close]
Pat Burke?
Oh yes! Thank you!

herecomesaregular

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1201 on: November 13, 2023, 05:49:17 PM »
bumping this and to be honest I am too lazy to check the whole 40 pages. So if this is common knowledge your anger may echo through this message boards like the gust of a thousand winds, but...

the new tom knox ad reminded me of mauro caruso who came out banging a couple of years back with at least two more or less siciliy-based parts (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5lInMpghk). he seemed to be a promising refreshing euro skater, was on crailtap flow as I recall, but has imo vanished more or less? a quick search brings me to some red bull repost bullshit.

What the fuck this is so good

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1202 on: November 14, 2023, 05:25:02 AM »
Joey Poirez, Matt Allen, Coco Santiago

Umm, I'm not sure if this is based in sarcasm, but 2 out of 3 of those people are dead...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1203 on: November 14, 2023, 07:28:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What was the name of that dude who had a nice sw Tre, very sweaty looking medium long hair and pretty shaky but sick style? Talked about liking opiates or something in some interview. Been wanting to watch that one part for a week but can't think of the name. Also where is he now?
[close]
Pat Burke?
[close]
Oh yes! Thank you!

Pat Burke had such a strong comeback happening like 2-3 years ago and then I haven’t heard anything since then.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #1204 on: November 14, 2023, 10:01:21 AM »
Errol Langdon?? I think I asked about him.before but I just watched a part of his again and its so good and the curiosity came back

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #1205 on: November 14, 2023, 10:15:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Pat Burke?
[close]
Oh yes! Thank you!
[close]

Pat Burke had such a strong comeback happening like 2-3 years ago and then I haven’t heard anything since then.

Didn’t he go back to school for like it or something? I think he just got a job. So good for him dude deserves it, turned his life around and got the pro board. I’m sure he’ll pop up in some bust crew or venue edit soon.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

work_lurker

• Rep: 61
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #1206 on: November 14, 2023, 05:34:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Pat Burke?
[close]
Oh yes! Thank you!
[close]

[close]

Didn’t he go back to school for like it or something? I think he just got a job. So good for him dude deserves it, turned his life around and got the pro board. I’m sure he’ll pop up in some bust crew or venue edit soon.

Yeah I actually met Pat for the very first time the night he went pro for Slave down in Oceanside, and the first thing he said to me was, "good to see you again dude!"
But he was so genuine and sweet in the way he said it, really made me feel like the homie, and I appreciated that you beautiful stranger. Been a Pat fan ever since.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

sharkjumper

• Rep: 39
« Reply #1207 on: November 15, 2023, 09:46:02 AM »
Kurt Winter?

Can also someone clarify if him and Sammy Winter are related? Seemed too coincidental.

IIRC Kurt had an injury, maybe ankle or knee, and didn’t recover quite the same. Pretty sure he ended working for adidas in Australia.
Don’t think he and Sammy are related.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1208 on: November 15, 2023, 09:53:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Pat Burke?
[close]
Oh yes! Thank you!
[close]

[close]

If he’s back in school or working good for him. I just started school again too and it’s weird as a 27 year old but I’m tryin to stop blowing it and retire someday.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1209 on: November 15, 2023, 10:59:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Umm, I'm not sure if this is based in sarcasm, but 2 out of 3 of those people are dead...

Coco died ?

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 464
  • Pure East
« Reply #1210 on: November 15, 2023, 11:03:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Umm, I'm not sure if this is based in sarcasm, but 2 out of 3 of those people are dead one of these people are dead, one is a ward of the state and I can't speak on the other...
[close]

Coco died ?

Shit you're right, I totally fucking spaced and for some reason was getting mixed up with Curtis Hsiang. I believe Phelps said he was a ward of the state, so use your imagination as to what Coco is doing; that sucks.

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

Ross Norman - Last of the Mohicans

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1211 on: November 15, 2023, 05:28:40 PM »
Errol Langdon?? I think I asked about him.before but I just watched a part of his again and its so good and the curiosity came back
Still living in the East Bay and skating. Works on skateparks and other concrete work I believe.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #1212 on: November 15, 2023, 06:41:57 PM »
ja$onwear

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2152
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1213 on: November 15, 2023, 09:32:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Still living in the East Bay and skating. Works on skateparks and other concrete work I believe.
Squirrel Blood!!!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #1214 on: November 22, 2023, 11:24:04 AM »
That Lyric kid that Baker announced last year.  Whatever happened there.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1215 on: November 22, 2023, 11:35:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Pat Burke?
[close]
Oh yes! Thank you!
[close]

[close]

[close]

If he’s back in school or working good for him. I just started school again too and it’s weird as a 27 year old but I’m tryin to stop blowing it and retire someday.

I finished at 32. It might feel weird starting at 27 but it’ll feel weirder at 28.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1214
« Reply #1216 on: November 22, 2023, 11:46:11 AM »
pat broke his leg a while back

surely hell be back soon

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1217 on: November 22, 2023, 12:45:29 PM »
Billy Waldmen I use to live in NYC briefly 88-93 got my board borrowed (stolen) at Brooklyn banks by him, last time I saw him as an adult 02 he was strung out on H.

Braydon Szfrankski or however it’s spelled, despite being kinda kooky with the bat tattoo he’s a good guy I met in Atlanta through mutual friends, last time we kicked it together was 2016 and he was banging some stripper gals.
Dueces Bitch's

icedancer

• Rep: -10
« Reply #1218 on: November 27, 2023, 03:11:09 PM »
Any Sydney heads know what Juan Onekawa is up to?
One of my favourite styles.

Buster_Poosey

• Rep: 7
« Reply #1219 on: November 27, 2023, 06:50:07 PM »
Garrett Hill just signed a minor league deal with the Detroit Tigers. MLB has a pretty strict uniform policy, so I don’t think the multi color pants will fly

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/tigers-re-sign-garrett-hill.html

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1220 on: November 27, 2023, 08:39:52 PM »
Garrett Hill just signed a minor league deal with the Detroit Tigers. MLB has a pretty strict uniform policy, so I don’t think the multi color pants will fly

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/11/tigers-re-sign-garrett-hill.html

Hopefully he doesn’t drop the ball like he dropped those coffees

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #1221 on: December 01, 2023, 07:19:13 AM »
Expand Quote
bumping this and to be honest I am too lazy to check the whole 40 pages. So if this is common knowledge your anger may echo through this message boards like the gust of a thousand winds, but...

the new tom knox ad reminded me of mauro caruso who came out banging a couple of years back with at least two more or less siciliy-based parts (e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w5lInMpghk). he seemed to be a promising refreshing euro skater, was on crailtap flow as I recall, but has imo vanished more or less? a quick search brings me to some red bull repost bullshit.
[close]

What the fuck this is so good

yes, it seems that he's had multiple knee surgeries and that hinders him from skating as much as he used to, but is building skateparks all over italy now!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 04:39:28 AM by mclovin1336 »