Author Topic: crap claims to fame...  (Read 9297 times)

Lame_Nigga

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
Re: crap claims to fame...
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2020, 01:53:49 PM »
Devendra Banhardt bought a bag of mushrooms off me in 1999. Pretty sure it was his first trip and pretty sure he had a good time.
So you're the one to blame

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2020, 02:03:54 PM »
My LeBaron was owned by Jon Voight.

@os89 show me the bite marks on the pencil in the glovebox to prove it
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2020, 02:35:52 PM »
Expand Quote
My friends dad, was friends with Jimmy Dean, said he was an asshole.

Skated with Gilbert throughout middle school.

Had the Ninja Turtles come to my 6th birthday party!

My moleman avatar appeared on the nine club highlighting a question for brink, his answer made them so mad.

Opened up for Dan Briggs of Between the Buried and Me and Trioscapes.

Had the band Health, wear my shirts in front of a few thousand Brazilians.

Asked my favorite baseball player why he likes camo so much. He responded live on air with my name and said camo just looks good on his skin.

[close]

What was the episode?

@pugmaster about 1 hour 16 minutes in haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LADmb4C8c0A

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2020, 02:47:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My friends dad, was friends with Jimmy Dean, said he was an asshole.

Skated with Gilbert throughout middle school.

Had the Ninja Turtles come to my 6th birthday party!

My moleman avatar appeared on the nine club highlighting a question for brink, his answer made them so mad.

Opened up for Dan Briggs of Between the Buried and Me and Trioscapes.

Had the band Health, wear my shirts in front of a few thousand Brazilians.

Asked my favorite baseball player why he likes camo so much. He responded live on air with my name and said camo just looks good on his skin.

[close]

What was the episode?
[close]

@pugmaster about 1 hour 16 minutes in haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LADmb4C8c0A
8)
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Frank and Fred

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2020, 02:48:25 PM »
Bonny Tyler nearly ran me over while I was bombing the hill her house was on.

I had a 'moment' with PJ Harvey in a natural food store.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2020, 02:57:56 PM »
My great uncle was featured on the show “Cops”. Unfortunately he was one of the cops
fuck you bama

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2020, 04:22:57 PM »
Got a call back to be an extra on Dante’s Peak starring Pierce Brosnan. I didn’t go; orientation for mailroom at Sally Mae 

Still imagine how Pierce and I would have hit it off. BFF style.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 05:26:25 PM »
Richard simmons tied my sweat shirt sleeves ina knot when I was a kid.
My mom definitely did coke with diana ross.
Whoa. Danger.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2020, 06:49:20 PM »
I smoked weed backstage with the Kottonmouth Kings.

Almost smoked with the Verve. Even better, though, is that Richard Ashcroft remembered my name for a few days. On their first US tour, they played a show in Atlanta at the Variety Playhouse where I met them, then did one in Florida that was apparently at a burger barn according to his description. Then they played at the 40 watt Club. I was stoked he knew my name when we talked briefly.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2020, 08:05:29 PM »
I had a 'moment' with PJ Harvey in a natural food store.
Gonna need some details here.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2020, 09:03:56 AM »
My great uncle was featured on the show “Cops”. Unfortunately he was one of the cops

My "drug counselor" at the salvation army harbor lights was on cops in Lynn. Her name was Carmen. What a frickin bitch she was.

Uber rantism time.

I was on the bracelet from the county. I got there it was whatever. We didn't have to work at the labor camp thing so that was good. I could get visits after 2 weeks.

I'm in the shower and I'm like wtf? I got crabs!

They gave me an infested blanket when I arrived. So I go to the staff I'm like wtf! I been in jail for like a year. I'm here 3 days and I got crabs wtf! How!?!

Dirty blanket.

The bitch carmen goes send him to the infirmary back in Middleton.
I was like no frickin way. Your taking me to the hospital. You all know If I go to the jail for a topical cream. I won't be back. I'll go to the hole I'll lose my goodtime and my property. No we'll hold it. No I'm calling my lawyer give me a phone.
A medical lug is the same as a disciplinary.
You gave me this shit. I did not arrive here with them. I'm going to push for a lawsuit if you do.

We get permission to go to the hospital get the cream and get back from bmc like right before lights out.
Yo every other con knows. Carmen has broken my patient confidentiality. I'm just trying to wrap up in a few months but now this became a issue I had to deal with immediately with Alfa behavior. I hate that posture.

I had to explain to these kooks that the crabs were here before I arrived. You all should go check yourself or we can just go talk about this in the bathroom right the fuck now.

No takers I went to my room they all went to the bathroom and checked. All clear but me. I was not fuckin in jail obviously. I knew these idiots and they knew me.

So this passed. Everyone became friends again. Not Carmen. She tried again to start problems time and time again.

She showed us the cops video. It was buck as fuck.

She stabbed her boyfriend up. All he wanted was her to leave. As the cops was taking her away she yells HES GOT WARRANTS!! HES GOT WARRANTS!!

He said something like fuck I guess I'll take the hospital ride.

When I wrapped. All the staff was like goodbye good luck. That bitch had the nerve to ask me to stay. Said that I should keep playing the drums with the Sunday band.

I said bitch I'd rather die than see you ever again. You shouldn't be allowed to work with those kids.

I saw her again about 18 months later. They had my ebt card and was buying food for the program without my knowledge because I had a job off the books that they set up.

Carmen said to me I thought you weren't going to make it. I was like You thought wrong bitch.
They all got pissed. I was like you fuckers used me to steal from the government assistance. You intended to use it as long as you could. How many other on the failing job sight got cards here?
 You got cons here and you hold their lives in your hands while making them jump thought the never ending hoops in your stupid frickin costumes. You enslaved millions in your wearhouses. I've seen minors sorting clothes next to their parents for 3.65 a week.
You tried to lug me because you got me infested with body lice with your sloth and broke my patient confidentiality.

Your lucky I'm not a frickin rat like this COPS bitch. Fuckin slavers. You will not have a happy ending if you continue this behavior. Your cult will fail.

Gimme my card I'm frickin starving.

I went back one more time to visit a homie. I asked where's that bitch from cops? Yoooooo that bitch relapsed hard in the bathroom. They tried to hide it but the state found out.

I was kinda stoked. I hope she didn't kill herself or nothing. I understand why she's like that. She's a victim of the war system just like me.

I can smell that place rn. That was like almost 20 years ago.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2020, 09:18:42 AM »
M L Carr owes me a pair of New Balances. I should be clear that there was no nb#.

I was only wearing canvas kicks or marshals $20 she'll toes at the time so I didn't push the issue.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2020, 02:35:15 PM »
my dad chose not to cast kevin bacon in a film he made in college.. classic dad
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2020, 02:45:09 PM »
my dad chose not to cast kevin bacon in a film he made in college.. classic dad

My own personal claims to fame:

-In October 2019, I was in a tiny studio for 10+ hours taking photos/filming b-roll of Kevin Bacon and a slew of other comedians/actors for his podcast, "The Last Degree of Kevin Bacon"

-At my last job, I was told a high profile producer was showing up for an interview that needed to be broadcasted, followed by a podcast recording of him. I see a homeless looking guy in the lobby and assume it was some drifter who came in asking for directions or money. Laugh it off, grab my gear and start setting up for the podcast. Low and behold, people filter into the room I've setup for the podcast recording and the 'homeless' person I saw was actually Rick Rubin... barefoot, bearded and walking around the office.

-Ice Cube owes my uncle over 30k for unpaid production costs on "Friday After Next"

-My mom was a PA and got stuck in a dressing room with Val Kilmer and his gf while they argued for hours

-My aunt helped write Jefferson Airplane lyrics for a few songs and my uncle helped produced some of their early music

LA is a bullshit bubble of celebrities and the blue collar workers who perpetuate their exposure

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2020, 05:43:46 PM »
i met Pete

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2020, 05:53:09 PM »
did acid at archie from riverdales house in vancouver and butted heads pretty hard. told him we didnt live on the same planet and almost got kicked out by his "handlers"

side note: my friend brought a tinder date there and she ended up getting licked out by one of his roommates and leaving without him. poor guy.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2020, 06:03:17 AM »
I was on that MTV dating game show called Singled Out as the guy who picked the girls.
For a while I dated a minor UK soap star and FHM cover girl.

Also, once me and a mate (who's not into music) walked past Henry Rollins and my mate shouts "Holy shit, that's the dude from Johnny Mnemonic!"  Pretty sure both me and Rollins LOL'd.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2020, 06:19:40 AM »
The blonde girl from that shit tv show 2 Broke Girls was 2 grades behind me in high school. Also played little league with Rashad Jennings who was a successful journeymen running back in the NFL and then was on dancing with the stars.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2020, 07:19:56 AM »
-In late 1992, I saw the Special Beat (Specials/the Beat combo band) and No Doubt was the opening band. This is pre-MTV etc. Anyway, we thought No Doubt was super corny yet Gwen was a fox. So we tried to boo them off the stage to get the Special Beat on, to no avail. After their set, Gwen was walking around and we kept trying to get her to come drink with us and she just looked at us and turned around. My friend Dante goes "fuck you then bitch". And we just laughed. You would be surprised to how many people think we made this up, which I don't get. If we were lying, pretty sure we would have given that story a "happy ending".

-Michael Devlin, kidnapper here in MO. Worked at IMO's pizza (local chain) forever. Me and my dudes hung out here from 1990 until this basically. Well, he apparently kidnapped a boy and kept him with him for years, then attempted to get another boy and got caught. Well.. we used to chill with this dude at IMO's all the time. Play pinball, smoke cigs and he'd eat pizza with us randomly. Quiet but friendly guy. For YEARS. I'm talking 1990-2007? We called him "Devo". Never would have thought this about the guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rln6nNCVZdw

-Also in my town: This dude shot the mayor, cops and a few others at a town meeting, following years of zoning disputes. My friend Mike got a lot of speeding tickets and I'd go along to court with him over the years to pay them but we'd always see Cookie up there and smoke cigs with him outside, and talk. He was friendly to us always. Anyway, my brother and I were driving in front of the city hall about 5 minutes before the helicopters and shit swarmed. So while we were driving around the corner, he must have been unloading his guns. That part trips me out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vib2eOqAnRA

Also, the IMO's is like 3 doors down from city hall. Found that strange too, in a Bobby Puleo kind of way.

Anyways, that being said, these are like the only 2 crimes that have happened here of note in my whole life. Yet both are extreme. This town has been ultra gentrified and houses are expensive AF now, full of doctors and lawyers trying to steal the once small town vibe and make it something else. It has become the epitome of "white privilege" and "entitlement". Love the town, not so much the people anymore. Not many "regular" people anymore.

-Saw Corey Duffel at LAX and just said "Corey Duffel" at him and kept walking. That still makes laugh.

-in Venice, saw wrestler RVD loading his gym bag into his car. Made me laugh too.

-the artist of Clifford the Big Red Dog came to my elementary school and signed pics of Clifford for us. I don't know why but my 7 year old self took this very seriously (big Clifford fan here) and thought this was more for myself than the whole school.

-Won a McGruff (the crime dog) stuffed toy in a drawing contest in 4th grade. Was in the paper for this, was hyped as fuck. Side note: was disappointed that they had another winner, just so there would be a boy and a girl winner. I wasn't  bummed that a girl won too, but I was bummed that her drawing sucked and she won. If you could see how well I can draw McGruff versus her drawing, you'd see why.

-Won a bunch of track meets as a kid. Also in the paper, felt like a celeb for like 3 days.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 557
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2020, 07:20:40 AM »
My home girl banged Drake back when he was lil’ Jimmy Wheelchair on DeGrassi.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2020, 07:53:18 AM »
Was front and center of the main splash page on Thrasher for a day. Loaded up the site and was like “what the fuck?!? Is that me?”

Wasn’t skating, just in a group photo for some book release. Really the highlight of a dismal skate career.

Everything else happens to people one step removed: One friend dated the daughter of the drummer from Cinderella. Another friend’s wife was cast in a Subaru commercial and she left my friend for the “boyfriend” in the commercial  (he now hates Subarus). My dad played golf with Charles Barkley. My mom was seated next to Kelly McGillis at brunch and kept staring then said something weird like “Your children are very pretty.”

I’ve got one friend who is a magnet for weird celebrities. He waited on Bill Gates and got a 15% tip, sold cellphones to 3 the Deadliest Catch captains, saw Joe Mantegna (or Dan Hedeya) having an argument with Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor at Barnes and Nobles, and is fairly certain he picked up Andrew Cunannon hitchhiking during his spree.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:01:58 AM by Willie »

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2020, 08:38:23 AM »
I forgot, I have , or had, a drawing on Crailtap, back when it first started. A Koston drawing contest. I'm not a big fan of Koston but I wanted to win a contest. The drawing that one was a little kids' scribble. But my drawing was on the site too so that was kind of neat.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2020, 08:42:21 AM »
Was front and center of the main splash page on Thrasher for a day. Loaded up the site and was like “what the fuck?!? Is that me?”

Wasn’t skating, just in a group photo for some book release. Really the highlight of a dismal skate career.

Everything else happens to people one step removed: One friend dated the daughter of the drummer from Cinderella. Another friend’s wife was cast in a Subaru commercial and she left my friend for the “boyfriend” in the commercial  (he now hates Subarus). My dad played golf with Charles Barkley. My mom was seated next to Kelly McGillis at brunch and kept staring then said something weird like “Your children are very pretty.”

I’ve got one friend who is a magnet for weird celebrities. He waited on Bill Gates and got a 15% tip, sold cellphones to 3 the Deadliest Catch captains, saw Joe Mantegna (or Dan Hedeya) having an argument with Liberian Dictator Charles Taylor at Barnes and Nobles, and is fairly certain he picked up Andrew Cunannon hitchhiking during his spree.
HAHAHAHAHA FUCK

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2020, 08:47:39 AM »
my dad is a founding member of A Place to Bury Strangers.
my mom partied with Chad Muska and his GF in NYC and stole a bracelet from him.
i intentially crashed into Chris Cole 3 times at a DC demo
my mom hung out with Aaron Dessner from The National and he invited my family to stay at his house in Copenhagen (this offer never came to be)
I've been to VIP backstage at a Bon Iver show and it was kinda funny
when i went to Tompkins, Ishod, Austyn Gillette, and Shane O'Neill were skating flatground in the corner
Geoff Rowley said he liked my pants when i was 5
I've met Khris Middleton like 5 times and he remembered me each time.
my dad skated with Scott Johnston a lot and almost fought Mike Carroll. he also met Marilyn Manson at Burger King and said he was a very nice guy.

sorry for that but i love this thread, keep the stories comin pals.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2020, 08:58:57 AM »
my mom hung out with Aaron Dessner from The National and he invited my family to stay at his house in Copenhagen (this offer never came to be)
when i went to Tompkins, Ishod, Austyn Gillette, and Shane O'Neill were skating flatground in the corner
my dad skated with Scott Johnston a lot and almost fought Mike Carroll. he also met Marilyn Manson at Burger King and said he was a very nice guy.

Need more of this tale

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2020, 09:42:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Need more of this tale
my dad's shop sponsor made them skate with the plan b team at a demo and carroll was sittin down and shot his board into my dad when he was about to try a trick. my dad was and still is kinda a rough and tumble guy  so he got super pissed and was like ready to go with MC but got held back. honestly not that much of a story. my dad forgives Carroll. And my dads from VA so he would skate with Scott Johnston whenever he went up North to like DMV area and whenever Scott went south to VB or Richmond.

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2020, 09:53:26 AM »
Sick. Thanks for obliging! Love old Carroll stuff. And Johnston is beast

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2020, 01:59:07 PM »
So my stepemum and I use to be close like bff's  so one night we were drinking just talking about traveling and I was mentioning I saw Jack Nicholson in the back of a convertible by two ladies upfront. 

She asks me if I've had anything dangerous/weird happen to me..... ? I said something to the effect usually not but when creepers ask for sexual favors it's not outright more of a suggestion like Do you have any money? She stops me right there and finishes my sentence with well I know how you can earn some........

I'm like what the fuck?! How do you know about this? She goes in to a lengthy story but I can summarize it so this was in early 70's she was hitchhiking in Southern California to San Louis Obispo she got picked up by a young Gene Hackman and well for the sake of argument I think he tried to be a creeper on my stepmum and she wasn't having it.

Now mind you she looks sweet as an old lady now but she has a spitfire temper and I've seen her pull out a blade when someone tried to walk away with me on black Friday at a mall when I was a kid.
Dueces Bitch's

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2020, 05:26:39 PM »
So my stepemum and I use to be close like bff's  so one night we were drinking just talking about traveling and I was mentioning I saw Jack Nicholson in the back of a convertible by two ladies upfront. 

She asks me if I've had anything dangerous/weird happen to me..... ? I said something to the effect usually not but when creepers ask for sexual favors it's not outright more of a suggestion like Do you have any money? She stops me right there and finishes my sentence with well I know how you can earn some........

I'm like what the fuck?! How do you know about this? She goes in to a lengthy story but I can summarize it so this was in early 70's she was hitchhiking in Southern California to San Louis Obispo she got picked up by a young Gene Hackman and well for the sake of argument I think he tried to be a creeper on my stepmum and she wasn't having it.

Now mind you she looks sweet as an old lady now but she has a spitfire temper and I've seen her pull out a blade when someone tried to walk away with me on black Friday at a mall when I was a kid.

I for sure thought this story was going to end with hardcore penetration.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2020, 06:41:06 AM »
My friend tripped acid with Don Henley's son