Author Topic: Animal Chin is cancelled  (Read 6524 times)

cucktard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Animal Chin is cancelled
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2021, 04:37:11 AM »
uploaded 4 days ago on YouTube, its kinda lame really if you cant be bothered

It’s kinda rad, actually. A well shot, well-edited half-interview half exploration into how someone skated the mundane, 10 blocks in their hometown and keeps it fresh.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2021, 04:39:08 AM »
As kids we knew this was a racist stereotype and it was corny dogshit.  We just looked past that & made a pause tape edit without all the skit bullshit.  Should dig that out.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2021, 05:09:34 AM »
Expand Quote
16 candles also had The Donger
[close]

Kien Lieu also a "the Donger".

we need donger to cleanse this thread

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 32
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2021, 05:09:53 AM »
Who the fuck is Zach G?

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2021, 05:22:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s hard to watch anything from the 80s now because they’d shoehorn the same LOL ASIAN PEOPLE jokes into every movie. Animal Chin was corny anyway, when was the last time anyone watched it? The ramp at the end was cool but the rest is booooooring.
[close]

For real, and a lot of the shit in the 80's has aged..... Let's just say poorly.

I saw sixteen candles without the Nostalgia that people from that era have about that movie and all i could think was "What the fuck is going on with all the date rape in this movie?"
[close]

Try not to think about Indiana Jones and Marion’s backstory in Raiders of the Lost Ark.  “I was just a child!” “You knew what you were doing”
Rewatched Temple of Doom a few months back for the first time since i was a kid, when it was my favourite movie. Holy shit that has aged very badly.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2021, 05:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
if you are honestly upset about this you need to get a life in a giant way. i’m sure the AARP mag you get every month will have some ideas about how to occupy your time (shuffleboard, wearing full pads and doing shallow end slash grinds etc)
[close]

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2021, 06:01:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy shit you're a whole lot of pussies honestly
[close]
for sure dude, you're way too tough and cool to be here, you should see yourself out
[close]

Or how about you people grow some balls and maybe get a sense of humor
[close]
Everyone harden up and accept that chinese people are funny, or be compared to a vagina, the ultimate symbol of weakness
I like when people call me a “pussy” cuz then I’m like hehe they are so strong and birth life.
I call my friends “ballsack(s)” instead of vagina. Balls are weak af, vaginas are way tougher.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2021, 06:02:17 AM »
i could care less if animal chin gets cancelled. but isn't animal chin basically giving the same kind of nod to kung fu theater of the 70s/80s that wu tang does? doesn't that whole stereo type come from asian cinema itself? i grew up in south east asia in the 70s and 80s and used to watch asian martial arts shows over there all the time growing up and to me animal chin was just the old wise "keeper of ancient secrets" character that was featured in almost ever show i saw as a kid. tarantino had a similar character in kill bill.

by saying this i'm not saying that these images don't or shouldn't offend people now but i do think that when a part of pop culture doesn't age well like this and becomes offensive in todays cultural climate that doesn't mean that the people who created it, our enjoyed it 20 years ago were racists or being insensitive. maybe folks should ask more questions and pass less judgement when calling out these things.

edit:
i wonder if my gif avatar is racially offensive today. i'm assuming not because it points to source material but it seems like at some point it could be because conceptually it's exploiting the same stereotypes. i've actually got a bruce lee wall hanger in the garage too. i'm probably also a victim of kung fu theater fandom over here...

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s hard to watch anything from the 80s now because they’d shoehorn the same LOL ASIAN PEOPLE jokes into every movie. Animal Chin was corny anyway, when was the last time anyone watched it? The ramp at the end was cool but the rest is booooooring.
[close]

For real, and a lot of the shit in the 80's has aged..... Let's just say poorly.

I saw sixteen candles without the Nostalgia that people from that era have about that movie and all i could think was "What the fuck is going on with all the date rape in this movie?"
[close]

Try not to think about Indiana Jones and Marion’s backstory in Raiders of the Lost Ark.  “I was just a child!” “You knew what you were doing”
[close]
Rewatched Temple of Doom a few months back for the first time since i was a kid, when it was my favourite movie. Holy shit that has aged very badly.

i started watching die hard with my daughter as an xmas tradition 2 years back and one of the opening scenes this 9 months ish pregnant lady's boss tells here to stop working and go have a drink, lol.

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2021, 06:22:29 AM »
Mike Tyson's Punchout, now that's racist.

The music was good though

baaaaaaguette

« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2021, 06:30:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
16 candles also had The Donger
[close]

Kien Lieu also a "the Donger".
[close]

we need donger to cleanse this thread

I can see why they call him that because whew glad that’s one humongous ollie

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2021, 07:01:09 AM »
Loosely related* is wu-tang clan canceled? It’s pretty blatant cultural appropriation.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2021, 07:11:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That movie is terrible, I remember seeing it for the first time in the 90s and thinking it was gross. The Donger is just there to entertain dumb white people who think accents are super funny.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2021, 08:15:53 AM »
Loosely related* is wu-tang clan canceled? It’s pretty blatant cultural appropriation.

yeah, they’re totally equivalent in terms of their depictions of chinese people. for sure.