Author Topic: How fast did you accidentally break your board after buying it?  (Read 3389 times)

chrisskates808

How fast did you accidentally break your board after buying it?
« on: October 12, 2020, 06:29:58 PM »
Sucks when you buy a new board and it breaks pretty quick. My experience was I accidentally delaminated the nose on the day of purchasing the board. That happened to me twice. Didn't break the board in half but the plies split pretty badly and didn't want to use it.

How fast did your board break after buying it? Focusing doesn't count.

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -5
Re: How fast did you accidentally break your board after buying it?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:40:28 PM »
About 15 minutes. Bought a new deck, set it up, ollied down 4 stairs and landed wrong. Went back to the shop and bought the same exact deck, begrudgingly.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 06:41:54 PM »
prob about 6 years ago i bought a shop board and first session in, it broke on a flatground ollie. I was prob 165 pounds at the time and my friend was asking me how to ollie over this bump over bench at my local park. I told him just to lean forward and did a flat ground ollie for example and somehow my tail snapped. Not a single boardslide/tailslide mark on the board or anything. We both just looked at eachother in shock not really understanding how that had just happened. I went back to my local and tried to get a replacement or at least a discount on another shop board for the issue and they called bullshit. I think that was the last time i bought a shop board for a few years

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »
Faster than it took me to set the fucking thing up.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 06:44:47 PM »
About a week, I think the way I was wallriding and finding lines at the park just set it up to get landed on wrong & it was such a nice vibe Elissa Steamer Baker deck
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

chrisskates808

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 06:45:24 PM »
prob about 6 years ago i bought a shop board and first session in, it broke on a flatground ollie. I was prob 165 pounds at the time and my friend was asking me how to ollie over this bump over bench at my local park. I told him just to lean forward and did a flat ground ollie for example and somehow my tail snapped. Not a single boardslide/tailslide mark on the board or anything. We both just looked at eachother in shock not really understanding how that had just happened. I went back to my local and tried to get a replacement or at least a discount on another shop board for the issue and they called bullshit. I think that was the last time i bought a shop board for a few years

I’ve heard people getting refunded or atleast getting a new deck for free.

flintstagram

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
About five minutes after setting up. Snapped the nose off trying to treflip. I was pissed, but it was my own damn fault for landing so nose heavy. Roughly a dozen decks later I figured out how to quit landing so far forward and snapping noses. Went through five boards one month like that. I'm a slow learner. Pretty sure I have the five minute board snap on video. I'll see if I can post it here.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 06:51:02 PM »
Broke one before I even set it up once. Saw some YouTube video where a kook told me to run over it with my car first. I followed his advice exactly, but then the nose cracked right of.
Realized I'd been lead astray and rushed to the kitchen, but alas  it was too late to save the salmon.  Got me twice that day, but neener again.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1556
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 06:53:26 PM »
Broke one before I even set it up once. Saw some YouTube video where a kook told me to run over it with my car first. I followed his advice exactly, but then the nose cracked right of.
Realized I'd been lead astray and rushed to the kitchen, but alas  it was too late to save the salmon.  Got me twice that day, but neener again.

Scales down Neen > Laces out Marino
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

flintstagram

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 07:06:43 PM »

;D Poor, poor Neen!  ;D

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 07:08:44 PM »
Have broke a few on the first session, especially jumping off shit in the 90s. The most surprising one was last year, I just set up a figgy b16, and broke the nose on the first pop shuv. It must have been defective.
Also, when I had a shop, around 04 I ordered 100 decks from the distributor random acts of distribution. The first day our skating them we all broke the noses and tails off. I complained, and got them all for free. I mostly did art on them and still have a couple haha

90sDamiano

• Rep: -82
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »
Broke a board an hour after setting it up. Tried to fs flip a bump to barrier at my local park. Put it down kinda switch manny style and snapped my nose clean off. Low key did a split too

Hyliannightmare

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -204
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 07:15:01 PM »
Like 10 minutes. Kickflip down a 2 stair sized loading dock. Landed on tail, snap.

switchnollieboardslide

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »
Just bought a new deck and spent a lot of time on the grip art, first session went to go skate a 5 with some friends, landed a sw front 180 down the set feeling good and my friend was trying sw heel, i had been filming him for a while and after getting really close he snapped his board and he asked for 5 tries on my board, 5 tries turned into 20 and he snapped it on the nose.
:(

flintstagram

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 07:53:57 PM »
I stand corrected. I set it up the night before after breaking my board, but didn't skate it until the next day. Five minutes later, you get this joyous sound.

https://youtu.be/iaDZ2dTzzEE

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2020, 09:24:47 PM »
This I bought a shop deck and a pro deck and snapped the shop deck dude at the shop wouldn't give me a discount....
Dueces Bitch's

Bumpovertrash

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2020, 10:00:01 PM »
Hour old krooked board. Crooked a handrail and landed on my nose when I came out and it snapped. Only time Ive ever snapped a nose

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090

Dirk_Diggler

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2020, 10:34:30 PM »
I’m not gnar enough to break my board that quick.

michael scarn

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »
I made it 2 hours on a deck before I snapped my tail off. Luckily it was a shop deck so it wasn't a huge loss.

I really hate those phases where I'm just not landing tricks right and break like a board a week, or more.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2020, 11:20:34 PM »
I’ve broken brand new decks by coming in from fs 50-50 on miniramp and by doing bs nollie on flat, like literal first tricks. Too many boards to count within first day too...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

FlatBeat

• Rep: -1
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2020, 11:43:02 PM »
Got off work, set up a new girl deck, bussed then skated to the park and snapped the tail 20 minutes in fakie three flipping into a bank. I wanted to skate so bad I went all the way back to the shop to get a new one but wasn't happy about it.

non-playable character

• Rep: 8

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2020, 01:46:18 AM »
Not me but I saw someone set up and snap a maxallure deck, all in the same session, on a flat ground kickflip.

lol

Esquivel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2020, 02:11:46 AM »
Ray Barbee firm board around 1994. I had just set it up and the board had heaps of concave. My mate loved the shape and asked to have the first trick on it (back then we had almost no access to a skateshop so we used to kind of share boards). He tried a heelflip of a curb and snapped the tail.
In 1996 i had bought a mad circle board and snapped it first trick on a lipslide on a flatbar.
On another occasion, around 1999 i was living in the UK and had gotten a new blank deck. Perfect shape, snapped on the first trick i tried- heelflip on flat. Got back on the train, went to the shop for a refund, they told me they could not refund or replace. Never bought anything from them again.
Expand Quote
And people say weed makes you creative
[close]
Good weed does - these broke ass skateboard designers smokin spice

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2020, 02:12:11 AM »
Visited LA and was skating the park on the beach. Broke the board i came with and went across the boardwalk to the shop and set up a real. Went back to the park and snapped the tail in a half hour. I think i ollied off a ledge or something like that when it happened.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2020, 03:31:57 AM »
I've broken a few boards immediately after buying them (breaking the board the day I bought it). I snapped the tail off a real board just goofing off and doing a flat ground airwalk immediately after buying the board.

yourfuckingdad

• Rep: -7
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2020, 03:39:26 AM »
once saw a dude from the shop setup a brand new creature, do a single flatground ollie and snap it

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2020, 06:04:29 AM »
When I was in middle school, I bought a Zero deck (Adrian Lopez black/red w/a crow graphic?). I remember it had an abnormally large nose. I got frustrated trying something stupid later that day, probably crooks on my box in the street, and slammed by board, grip-side down.

Broke the nose.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 257
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2020, 06:11:57 AM »
When I was younger and broke the local shop gave me a Mystery board that I could pay off later, snapped it within 15 minutes trying to do one of those Jimmy Carlin-esque fakie bigspin inward heelflips, I deserved everything