Author Topic: Dedicated Section for Trick Tips  (Read 525 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Dedicated Section for Trick Tips
« on: October 14, 2020, 01:36:26 AM »
Hi mods, thinking if its possible to have a separate section dedicated to tricks tips specifically. Each thread could be about a specific trick.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=96459.0
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=110096.0
Right now we have 2 separate threads going on with valuable insight in both. A separate section with dedicated threads for each trick would help members quickly browse through the archive of good advice, pictures and videos. The current system has the information buried under multiple pages, dead links or pages.

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=113366.0
This thread is a good example of how it could look like. Myself, silhouette and tzhongdx regularly contribute to these thread, as do a bunch of other skaters.

As much as I love shitposting on Slap, it could be a good resource for skaters (both young and old) to get the "secret sauce" of tricks and help them progress their skating.

Shalom
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

admin

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 889
Re: Dedicated Section for Trick Tips
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2020, 08:24:41 AM »
I am down with this, but we would need people like yourself who would be willing to curate/move the proper threads into this section. Also, would you like a separate board completely, or would do you think a child board under the Skate Questions board would be more appropriate? I can make a child board to show you if you aren't familiar with the concept.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
I am down with this, but we would need people like yourself who would be willing to curate/move the proper threads into this section. Also, would you like a separate board completely, or would do you think a child board under the Skate Questions board would be more appropriate? I can make a child board to show you if you aren't familiar with the concept.

I would be really happy to contribute a "soft" mod the content into the correct section. The 2 trick tip threads I posted seem to be the most active ones in Skate Questions, there are lots of posters who contribute constructively the tricks.

I think a child board under Skate Questions would be better, having a separate Trick Tip section feels like it goes against the spirit of Slap Magazine a little.

Thanks for the reply!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

admin

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 889
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 08:27:59 AM »
I have made the new section, do you think I should move the 2 threads you mentioned into there with redirects? Just hit up the mod team to move threads into there as needed (although I will try to do it as much as I can) and if your interested in being an official Mod we can discuss it with the team.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2155
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 04:32:48 PM »
I have made the new section, do you think I should move the 2 threads you mentioned into there with redirects? Just hit up the mod team to move threads into there as needed (although I will try to do it as much as I can) and if your interested in being an official Mod we can discuss it with the team.
Woah! It's just like the Freemasons, "To be one, ask one."

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2020, 08:20:38 PM »

Yes, let's make it official and shift the 2 over to Trick Tips.

Not sure how much I can help out as a mod, didn't even think I would even be considered. Let's see how this trick tip section plays out and see if I'm ready for a bigger comittment.

Thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m