Author Topic: Stealing others style  (Read 4772 times)

Sluggloaph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
Re: Stealing others style
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2020, 09:33:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dreadlocks, half cabs,+56mm wheels on a “big” deck (at the time), oh and switch wallies.
To this day I’m not ashamed though...
[close]
Matt reason is a cultural treasure, you have nothing to be ashamed off.
[close]
exactly! I’ll also rock nollie back lips to my grave regardless of what people think of them
Quality. That's stylish imo. Yer a classy boul.
Whoa. Danger.

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2020, 10:30:47 PM »
Dreadlocks, half cabs,+56mm wheels on a “big” deck (at the time), oh and switch wallies.
I’m not guessing your race but I was told by a Jamaican that every time a white person gets dreads a baby dies in Jamaica.  I just hope you’re not white for the children of course

winnasoda

• Rep: -31
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2020, 08:25:57 PM »
sean stole dylan's style

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #63 on: October 20, 2020, 12:05:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I’m not guessing your race but I was told by a Jamaican that every time a white person gets dreads a baby dies in Jamaica.  I just hope you’re not white for the children of course
babies died, jah cried! (and I did feebles on ledges)

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Wockawocka

• Rep: -4
« Reply #64 on: October 20, 2020, 03:12:56 AM »
‘93. My best friend’s steez.  Purple everything and newspaper boy hats unbuttoned at the front.  I remember him being into Echo & the Bunnymen 😀
Skate, the final frontier...

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #65 on: October 20, 2020, 10:03:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
babies died, jah cried! (and I did feebles on ledges)
Respect, feebles on ledges=one love

Mcidraque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2020, 01:37:09 AM »
grew side burns as soon as i could because of JLee and EFowler (still rocking them)

duniwayRobber

• Rep: -140
  • ?
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2020, 09:51:24 AM »
Sorry-era Appleyard. Those damn Circa's
fuck poutine we eat pussy out here.

FlatBeat

• Rep: -1
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2020, 10:20:28 AM »
Pretty sure I wore a wristband at some point and definitely had a studded belt. I was a big chris cole fan when I was younger.

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2020, 01:41:58 PM »
What fashion / tricks / ideas / poses have you stolen from your idols?

mine, chronologically :
1) I initially skated regular foot, but switched to goofy foot to be like Gator. (This was 1986 so yeah, who knew?)
2) Bandanas cholo style, from Suicidal Tendencies, 1986
3) Black Pro Tec helmet with Independent banner sticker across the bottom-front 1987 (from Lance Mountain)
4) Art - tried to steal Blender's style really bad in 1987. Wish I had that drawing style so bad at age 11
5) Wearing Chuck Taylors, was from Hosoi for me (1987) I initially skated in the original Air Jordans
6) head gasket from Jim Thiebaud, 1988.
7) Tried to steal Frankie Hill's wild arm/ crouched/ hunched style in 1988 until my friend Eric (RIP) asked me if that's what I was doing. Played it off that I had a sore back.
8) Grey pants with black airwalks (stolen from Jeremy Klein, 1989). Also tried to do any and all of his tricks from Rubbish Heap/ Sk8 TV/ interviews/ Ads and failed miserably.
9) chain wallet from Hensley, 1990. I initially pulled this off as my own style because I was the first in our little group to do it, and my dad was a biker. What gave me away was riding like 5 Hensley decks in a row. Busted. Also cab 1 foots on banks
10) Baggy cut off jeans with long sleeve polo shirts and baseball hats. Thanks to Colin McKay in Questionable, underground parking lot. 1992

I was 16 in '92. I think after that BPSW cooled down, I just did my own stuff. Well, at least, not intentionally stole anything after this. Sure I was influenced on some tricks but not on that same level. What are yours?

If you started skating in the mid 90's, it's hard to find a style that wasn't influenced by Tom Penny thereafter.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2020, 01:51:02 PM »
I had a discussion with my genes so I could go bald like MJ and Reynolds. So stole their hair "style."

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Expand Quote

mine, chronologically :
1) I initially skated regular foot, but switched to goofy foot to be like Gator. (This was 1986 so yeah, who knew?)
3) Black Pro Tec helmet with Independent banner sticker across the bottom-front 1987 (from Lance Mountain)
4) Art - tried to steal Blender's style really bad in 1987. Wish I had that drawing style so bad at age 11
5) Wearing Chuck Taylors, was from Hosoi for me (1987) I initially skated in the original Air Jordans
7) Tried to steal Frankie Hill's wild arm/ crouched/ hunched style in 1988 until my friend Eric (RIP) asked me if that's what I was doing. Played it off that I had a sore back.
8) Grey pants with black airwalks (stolen from Jeremy Klein, 1989). Also tried to do any and all of his tricks from Rubbish Heap/ Sk8 TV/ interviews/ Ads and failed miserably.
9) chain wallet from Hensley, 1990. I initially pulled this off as my own style because I was the first in our little group to do it, and my dad was a biker. What gave me away was riding like 5 Hensley decks in a row. Busted. Also cab 1 foots on banks
10) Baggy cut off jeans with long sleeve polo shirts and baseball hats. Thanks to Colin McKay in Questionable, underground parking lot. 1992

I was 16 in '92. I think after that BPSW cooled down, I just did my own stuff. Well, at least, not intentionally stole anything after this. Sure I was influenced on some tricks but not on that same level. What are yours?
[close]

If you started skating in the mid 90's, it's hard to find a style that wasn't influenced by Tom Penny thereafter.

Around 98 or 99 I tried to steal some of that style, but I did not have it. Definitely had baggy jeans and Es Accels though. Probably the last time I tried that

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2020, 03:00:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

mine, chronologically :

[close]

[close]

Around 98 or 99 I tried to steal some of that style, but I did not have it. Definitely had baggy jeans and Es Accels though. Probably the last time I tried that

I hear it helps if you down some Kronenbourg 1664 fat cans.