Author Topic: Stealing others style  (Read 4771 times)

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
Re: Stealing others style
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 04:52:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was obsessed with Timecode-era AWS in high school and always copied Freddy's pushing style (amongst other things). And in the mid-2000s I was super into Geoff Rowley's Herrington jackets and started rocking them all the time. I still do both of those things.
[close]

sounds sick! I forgot, I one time did Lennie Kirk inspired cornrows and almost got jumped twice in the span of an hour by drunken jocks for being a "wigger". I actually thought this was hilarious and encouraged the jumping. Which is what I think threw them off. But I thought that getting my ass beat for being a "wigger" would have been worth it.
[close]

Haha, amazing. I was pretty obsessed with Linnie Kirk too and if I could have rocked cornrows I for sure would have.
[close]

I've got Lennie's "Harvest" graphic tattooed on my leg. Lennie + Timecode overall... are the shit. I watch that part like 5 times a week still.
[close]

Weird, I think someone else here said they have that. @fang maybe? It is an amazing graphic. Timecode is the best.

fang is my old account. Its somehow permanently logged in on my 8 year old laptop so I think there is some posts from there this year. I couldnt log in as fang at work so i made this one and decided to get more involved slapping this time. Fang took literally 10 years to Pal because I never did much on here besides "truck madness" and AWS nostalgia. 99% truck madness.

CannerSpaghetti

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2020, 08:39:53 AM »
I bit off Antwuan and Penny's style so I pretty much skate exactly like them always and maybe arguably better.

lampshade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2020, 09:08:59 AM »
I bit off Antwuan and Penny's style so I pretty much skate exactly like them always and maybe arguably better.

When I was little, I did the New Deal style, mostly b/c of Andy Howell, but learned impossibles b/c of Ed.

Then did the Hensly thing.  Cargo shorts, chain wallet, etc.  I even tried to dye my hair blonde using peroxide.  My hair is really dark, so it just turned orange.  I guess Matt was going to a professional. 

Next it was all about the OG World guys.  I even debated gold fronts and a chain.  Glad I dodged that one.

Totally had a Sub-Zero/Zoo York crusty East Coast phase too. 

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2020, 09:27:04 AM »
for a week after i watch pjs whl i didnt try one trick that wasnt in the video

i like kevin rodrigues jamming his back truck into shit hard to explain, intentinonal deckers and some oter shit
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2020, 09:42:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was obsessed with Timecode-era AWS in high school and always copied Freddy's pushing style (amongst other things). And in the mid-2000s I was super into Geoff Rowley's Herrington jackets and started rocking them all the time. I still do both of those things.
[close]

sounds sick! I forgot, I one time did Lennie Kirk inspired cornrows and almost got jumped twice in the span of an hour by drunken jocks for being a "wigger". I actually thought this was hilarious and encouraged the jumping. Which is what I think threw them off. But I thought that getting my ass beat for being a "wigger" would have been worth it.
[close]

Haha, amazing. I was pretty obsessed with Linnie Kirk too and if I could have rocked cornrows I for sure would have.
[close]

I've got Lennie's "Harvest" graphic tattooed on my leg. Lennie + Timecode overall... are the shit. I watch that part like 5 times a week still.
[close]

Weird, I think someone else here said they have that. @fang maybe? It is an amazing graphic. Timecode is the best.
[close]

fang is my old account. Its somehow permanently logged in on my 8 year old laptop so I think there is some posts from there this year. I couldnt log in as fang at work so i made this one and decided to get more involved slapping this time. Fang took literally 10 years to Pal because I never did much on here besides "truck madness" and AWS nostalgia. 99% truck madness.

Hahaha, word. That explains it. I always found your truck madness hyper relatable because I am always oscillating between two truck brands.

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2020, 10:04:47 AM »
I forgot to mention the name change most likely, woops :X
I finally have my truck madness under control (the DNA test determined that this is a lie!)
and only have Indys (until I buy more other trucks)

Just took this of my Lennie

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2020, 10:22:10 AM »
I forgot to mention the name change most likely, woops :X
I finally have my truck madness under control (the DNA test determined that this is a lie!)
and only have Indys (until I buy more other trucks)

Just took this of my Lennie

So sick.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
My closet looks like a old white man's because of Andrew Allen.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2020, 11:06:50 AM »
Jerry Hsu/Louie B was everything 9-14. Early 2000, punk rock obsession, fuck normal people rawr xd etc.

then I stole indie rock hipster fucks looks, Khakis, vintage patagonia, tucked in t shirts.
which transitioned perfectly to just trying to steal as much of Alex Olsons homoerotic swag as possible. I wanna pull on those locks
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

Hombreezy

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2020, 06:17:44 PM »
It took me a few years to realize but slowly and slowly I’ve morphed in to a Bryan Herman clone. Although I refuse to skate shake Junt and every baker board I’ve had in the last few years has broken within a week.
I also feel like I’m biting dylans style whenever I wear a really nice shirt skating. I’ll never cuff my pants though and I only wear slip ons if I’m filming low impact in the street and the outfit absolutely calls for it.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 06:48:24 PM by Hombreezy »

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2020, 12:30:44 AM »
I wanted to only rock halfcabs with black laces after watching the magic of Trapasso in that Transworld vid.. I tried, I really did, but halfcabs just don’t work for me.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2020, 06:23:14 AM »
I just cosplayed and tried to ollie high as hell.

My skating looked nothing like Natas and SMA Sheffey, but in my mind, that's who I wanted to skate like.

Later, it was Hensley like so many others people (I made a chain wallet using key rings and a dog's choke chain).

Then, I was goofy boy during bpsw until I discovered thrift stores and I would buy shirts and pants for less than $1 each.

Now, I look like an Asian dad. Hardcore Normcore skater.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -237
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2020, 06:48:07 AM »
I sometimes do the ishod tongue to help motivate me while riding up to a hard trick.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

BieberStance

• Rep: -17
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2020, 08:18:53 AM »
retrospectively i went full on spanky for more than ten years. but not with full intention and also not completely conscious.
luckily it is a slightly timeless hipster look, which will hopefully keep up with the times an not age too bad. 

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2020, 08:43:00 AM »
I sometimes do the ishod tongue to help motivate me while riding up to a hard trick.
That's the Jordan tongue.

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2020, 08:48:06 AM »
I was mini Greco and Reynolds as a teenager.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2020, 08:50:51 AM »
Started skating in 05, immediately started dressing like a Corey Duffel/Slaughterhouse wanna be. Skin tight pants with holes all over with my asscrack hanging out, shirts that were too small, also tried the ragdoll slightly flaired jeans, that honestly lasted until Dylan. then I started cuffing my pants, wearing dress shirts, painting my nails (which I still do). Now I just dress however I feel that day but def don't try to look like anyone. Gotten too fat to wear skinny jeans

As for the skating I was never ballsy enough to try to actually skate like my idols. When I'm just dorking around I think of Dill in Mosaic

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2020, 10:42:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's the Jordan tongue.
Indeed but I don’t think of Jordan when I do it, I think of how easy it would be Ishod to do the trick I’m trying.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Coco Santiagos Kitten

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »
In my teen years, I was trying to do Donnie Barley and Fred Gall with 411 arms. It was ugly, but at least I was going fast.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2020, 10:59:26 AM »
White tee, dickies, and old skools like stereo era Ethan Fowler. Tried to mimic his skate style and everything as well; the way he would land his tricks, the way he would turn, etc.

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2020, 04:38:12 PM »
Watching Jovontae's Love Child part made me abuse nollie 180s and tres/fakie tres. I feel like hearing people talk about how Neil Blender didn't like people doing the shit he did made me not want to skate the same obstacle as everyone else at parks but that might just be because I don't like to socialize at parks very much. Also, I'm ashamed to say that one of TK's shit instagram posts made me want to learn switch frontside boardslides, and I'm glad I did because that trick feels super good.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2020, 05:13:07 PM »

What era Greco?  Please tell me it was Pirate Greco/Boulala.

Cellular

• Rep: 16
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2020, 05:57:57 PM »
90% of the clothes I buy I saw on another skater at some point in my life

I mean he is kinda doing dog drugs so I fuck with it

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2020, 06:00:11 PM »
Dreadlocks, half cabs,+56mm wheels on a “big” deck (at the time), oh and switch wallies.
To this day I’m not ashamed though...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2020, 06:20:58 PM »
I copy T-Funk’s arms flailing whenever I do any frontside tricks in transition.  I absolutely hate it in any other circumstance. 

Spacetravelisboring

• Rep: -422
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2020, 07:01:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What era Greco?  Please tell me it was Pirate Greco/Boulala.

It was exactly that era haha

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2020, 07:12:52 PM »
I think the arm cross started with tim o’connor.
After EE3, my whole crew decided it made you ollie higher and I still believe it.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2020, 07:14:49 PM »
There was a time when I’d try to look like gonz when I was pushing around.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Sluggloaph

• Rep: 25
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2020, 07:20:38 PM »
Dreadlocks, half cabs,+56mm wheels on a “big” deck (at the time), oh and switch wallies.
Matt reason is a cultural treasure, you have nothing to be ashamed off.
Whoa. Danger.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2020, 07:45:22 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Matt reason is a cultural treasure, you have nothing to be ashamed off.
exactly! I’ll also rock nollie back lips to my grave regardless of what people think of them

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year